Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

IPPT, IPT & RT Questions...

Like Tree52Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-01-2007, 06:59 PM   #1
High Supremacy Member

IPPT, IPT & RT Questions...

Hi all got some questions on IPPT, IPT & RT.

1. Does taking my IPPT during my ICT count as having taken my IPPT(pass or fail) if it is during my IPPT window period?

2. I heard from my friend who is studying in NUS that becos he is in an IHL, he is excused from RT. Does it count for me since I am studying full time at SIM now?

3. If the answer to qn 1 is yes and I failed the ICT IPPT, can I just go ahead and book IPT before my window closes to be safe from the RT sessions?

Thanks for the answering. Will try again to look through ns.sg to find the answers although the last time I couldnt get any...
LightingBlue likes this.
Old 08-01-2007, 07:28 PM   #2
Master Member

ans to:

1) Yes.

2) I'm nt sure.

3) Dunno.
Old 08-01-2007, 09:46 PM   #3
Master Member

2) Depends on whether your unit is a IHL unit. Most likely, it isnt as SIM is not under the approved IHL list.
Old 08-01-2007, 09:56 PM   #4

Hi all got some questions on IPPT, IPT & RT.

1. Does taking my IPPT during my ICT count as having taken my IPPT(pass or fail) if it is during my IPPT window period?

2. I heard from my friend who is studying in NUS that becos he is in an IHL, he is excused from RT. Does it count for me since I am studying full time at SIM now?

3. If the answer to qn 1 is yes and I failed the ICT IPPT, can I just go ahead and book IPT before my window closes to be safe from the RT sessions?

Thanks for the answering. Will try again to look through ns.sg to find the answers although the last time I couldnt get any...
1. If you pass the test, it is a YES. However, if you fail your test, this varies from unit to unit. (Not sure about this part.) Some of them their IPPT were recorded as an attempt even though they fail, some don't even have any scores. Best is to check with your unit for a confirmation. If you want to play safe, go and book an IPPT session online and go attempt it.

2. IHL only applies to those studying full time in NUS, NTU and SMU. Those who are in the IHL will be exempted from RT should they fail IPPT. However, if I am not wrong(not sure if it is true yet), there will be a new policy that requires those even from IHL to go for RT should they fail their IPPT. Not sure about the effective starting date yet, but it should be announced within a few months. Studying full time at SIM will not be exempted, unless you appeal to your unit to grant you a 'special' deferment.

3. You can only book and finish IPT within the first 9 months of your window. However, if you are eligble for RT, you are suppose to complete RT first before going for IPT. Completing IPT will allow you to be cleared for your current window and the IPPT sessions taken during IPT wlll be counted as an attempt.

Hope I have cleared your doubts.
Old 09-01-2007, 09:24 AM   #5
High Supremacy Member

thanks for the replies... www.ns.sg shows that I have attempted the IPPT session from ICT so I take that as a taken right? So since I failed but my window is still not close I can go sign up for the IPT now?
Old 09-01-2007, 12:31 PM   #6

thanks for the replies... www.ns.sg shows that I have attempted the IPPT session from ICT so I take that as a taken right? So since I failed but my window is still not close I can go sign up for the IPT now?
Yes, but you must complete IPT within first 9 months of your window. If not, you are not eligible.
Old 09-01-2007, 03:54 PM   #7
High Supremacy Member

ok so as long as i can still book IPT @ www.ns.sg i am eligible right?
Old 10-01-2007, 06:34 AM   #8
Arch-Supremacy Member

ok so as long as i can still book IPT @ www.ns.sg i am eligible right?
did u fail ur ippt for last window?

if so, u need to do RT for that last window and then do IPT after u completed that RT.

To make thing easy, if you are allow to book IPT when u logged in to NS.SG, then you are ok to book. If you are not allow to book IPT, means u still owe them a RT
Old 10-01-2007, 07:24 AM   #9
High Supremacy Member

ah ok thanks... ermmm anyone wanna do IPT 12/02/2007 - 14/03/2007 with me? lol
Old 11-01-2007, 04:11 AM   #10
Eon

btw guys, how you know which unit you are currently in now? I have orded last august and currently studying in ntu now but yet to receive any letter from mindef regarding my new unit.
Old 13-11-2007, 09:55 PM   #11

any news or update with regards to IHL nsmen having to do RT?
Old 14-11-2007, 01:09 AM   #12
Arch-Supremacy Member

btw guys, how you know which unit you are currently in now? I have orded last august and currently studying in ntu now but yet to receive any letter from mindef regarding my new unit.
you can either call up to enquire or just wait lor.....they will sms u regd ur ns unit, provided that ur h/p no. is up-to-date in ns.sg website lor.
Old 19-11-2007, 03:03 PM   #13

IPT must go thru all 8 sessions ? I've counted the duration is 10 sessions.
Old 19-11-2007, 08:13 PM   #14
Supremacy Member

Sorry threadstarter, borrow ur thread for a while...

I'm probably gonna fail my IPPT for my current window, So I guess I've to go for RT then? But I'm currently a full-time NUS student leh, so "protected" under IHL or not?

2nd qn: if I MUST go, will I get any confirmation/notification soon after my IPPT failure?

3rd qn: if I've exams or need to go overseas how huh? I did called up the NS.sg helpline & their explanation made me quite confused. The person said I can choose to start my phase 1 of 8 sessions anytime, but once u start, must be 8 sequential/consecutive sessions? & max can only delay till within 2 months of my next coming window deadline?

I'm quite concerned abt qn3. If anybody can help clarify, pls do...

Thanx in advance.
Old 19-11-2007, 10:07 PM   #15
Great Supremacy Member

IPT must go thru all 8 sessions ? I've counted the duration is 10 sessions.
The extra 2 sessions are for make-up, just in case u miss any earlier lessons or if u fail by abit and think that the 2 extra sessions can make u pass...

Sorry threadstarter, borrow ur thread for a while...

I'm probably gonna fail my IPPT for my current window, So I guess I've to go for RT then? But I'm currently a full-time NUS student leh, so "protected" under IHL or not?

2nd qn: if I MUST go, will I get any confirmation/notification soon after my IPPT failure?

3rd qn: if I've exams or need to go overseas how huh? I did called up the NS.sg helpline & their explanation made me quite confused. The person said I can choose to start my phase 1 of 8 sessions anytime, but once u start, must be 8 sequential/consecutive sessions? & max can only delay till within 2 months of my next coming window deadline?

I'm quite concerned abt qn3. If anybody can help clarify, pls do...

Thanx in advance.

Better check with your unit if you are under IHL. Rumours are that full-time students do their RT during school holidays. You may want to check it out if it's true.

2nd qn...yes, u should receive n sms asking u to book your RT. SOP lah...

3rd qn...not sure, should be 5 months mah....
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.