HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Lao Jiao fall in, checking MR criteria

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-04-2011, 04:47 PM   #31
High Supremacy Member

But I know a diver who inform me that all diver including himself have MR & step down after their 5th ICT. However got one time, he kena SAF100 asking him to report back to unit. Turn out he really needs to serve his NS even he have MR but he did not needs to attend IPPT every year like ROVER.

Not sure if he smoke me or not but I do not see the point he smoke me.

Any diver can confirm this?
During my time, elite forces of the SAF, Navy Divers and Commandos, only do a 5 cycle ICT. After that they will stand down.Not sure if this has change. As for the part wheather they will get call back or not, i guess it depend on their unit.

Last edited by THFC78; 07-04-2011 at 04:58 PM..
THFC78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 05:34 PM   #32
High Supremacy Member

During my time, elite forces of the SAF, Navy Divers and Commandos, only do a 5 cycle ICT. After that they will stand down.Not sure if this has change. As for the part wheather they will get call back or not, i guess it depend on their unit.
cdos i heard either 5 or 7 years. depends on which intake u r in the year.
Old 07-04-2011, 09:33 PM   #33
Arch-Supremacy Member

anyway ICT is good, better than working. Can relax in camp/like the annual campmate gathering. I dun mind doing ICT till retirement age like 55age.

I can pass IPPT every year, but I also find it a hastle to train and pass IPPT. Those who fail lagi worst, kanna IPT/RT...

That why I also ask all my friends dun defer ICT, try to clear as many cycle as possible to MR earlier. Better than u MR late or must wait till age 40. If u can pass IPPT is ok, but those cannot pass IPPT one must do RT/IPT till age 40...sure sibei sian one, that why i urge all nsmen to clear all cycles as fast as possible, pls dun defer.

I went for all my ICTs, never defer b4, well in year 2014 is my last/10th ICT, and I will MR at age 32. = no more IPPT ....sibei song
getsby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 04:58 PM   #34
Master Member

anyway ICT is good, better than working. Can relax in camp/like the annual campmate gathering. I dun mind doing ICT till retirement age like 55age.

I can pass IPPT every year, but I also find it a hastle to train and pass IPPT. Those who fail lagi worst, kanna IPT/RT...

That why I also ask all my friends dun defer ICT, try to clear as many cycle as possible to MR earlier. Better than u MR late or must wait till age 40. If u can pass IPPT is ok, but those cannot pass IPPT one must do RT/IPT till age 40...sure sibei sian one, that why i urge all nsmen to clear all cycles as fast as possible, pls dun defer.

I went for all my ICTs, never defer b4, well in year 2014 is my last/10th ICT, and I will MR at age 32. = no more IPPT ....sibei song
Good for you but if ur unit is like mine and dun have LK for me to fulfil the 2 missing LKs, you might have to use HK to fill them up. If your unit is active and calls u back every year for ICT, sure you can have a chance to MR early once u hit the 7+3 cycle. However, my unit already from the previous call-up for ICT every 18 months now to every 30 months .... it would be draggy.
cct75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 09:54 PM   #35
High Supremacy Member

In order to go MR, either you wait till you are 40 years old (50 for occifers) or you finish 10 ICTs. These 10 ICTs must comprise of AT LEAST 7 high key.

So if you are lucky it will be 7 high + 3 low key. Not so lucky you may kena 8 high + 2 low key. If damn sway then maybe even 9 high + 1 low key or even all 10 high key. Remember, SAF said 10 ICT with MINIMUM 7 high. They never said maximum!

Just like last time it was 13 years ICT with MINIMUM 10 high but there were some sway and kena all 13 high.

Now every body knows its 10 ICTs but problem is, no one knows whether it is 10 ICTs or 10 year's worth of ICT. There IS a difference. Because if it is 10 years' of ICT, then if you sway and kena 2 ICTs in one year, its still considered 1 year's worth of ICT.

You should get your orange medal on the last day of your 5th ICT. That shows you are half way there. And on the last day of your 10th ICT you should get the red medal and the watch. They should send you a MR letter shortly after. That is when you can say you are a free man.

If after 10 ICTs and no MR letter, better call and ask. Either cock up or the way they count is different and you still owe 1 year.

BTW if by chance you kena 6 high key and 4 low key, if you are farking sway you may get called back for 1 more high key. After all, its supposed to be MINIMUM 7 high. I heard of one guy who kena this sh*t so his was 11 ICTs.

Last edited by derrickgoh; 09-04-2011 at 09:56 PM..
derrickgoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2011, 09:44 AM   #36
Master Member

Juz a update to my situation. I tried to book my RT but encountered "status not found" error. Hotline directed my unit (6 Div) to call me. Turned out my status in system changed to MR, that's why couldn't book RT. But the clerk dunno why I dun have my MR cert. One of my friend went to his MP, Teo Chee Hin and gotten his MR cert immediately. Based on this, think most likely CO held back most of our MR cert (well over 100 people) as the unit is only supposed to stand down next yr and he dun wan his unit strength to be reduced at the MR parade. Joker sabo us just to make his unit look nice on MR parade.
Old 13-05-2011, 02:57 PM   #37

CDOs 6 high 2 low and then receive watch and cert.
natgw88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2011, 03:00 PM   #38
Arch-Supremacy Member

Juz a update to my situation. I tried to book my RT but encountered "status not found" error. Hotline directed my unit (6 Div) to call me. Turned out my status in system changed to MR, that's why couldn't book RT. But the clerk dunno why I dun have my MR cert. One of my friend went to his MP, Teo Chee Hin and gotten his MR cert immediately. Based on this, think most likely CO held back most of our MR cert (well over 100 people) as the unit is only supposed to stand down next yr and he dun wan his unit strength to be reduced at the MR parade. Joker sabo us just to make his unit look nice on MR parade.
guess MP is effective against army issue.
naruto13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2011, 06:50 PM   #39

IIRC, my MR cert was issued to me during the MR parade.
whatz_triz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2011, 06:54 PM   #40
Master Member

In order to go MR, either you wait till you are 40 years old (50 for occifers) or you finish 10 ICTs. These 10 ICTs must comprise of AT LEAST 7 high key.

So if you are lucky it will be 7 high + 3 low key. Not so lucky you may kena 8 high + 2 low key. If damn sway then maybe even 9 high + 1 low key or even all 10 high key. Remember, SAF said 10 ICT with MINIMUM 7 high. They never said maximum!

Just like last time it was 13 years ICT with MINIMUM 10 high but there were some sway and kena all 13 high.

Now every body knows its 10 ICTs but problem is, no one knows whether it is 10 ICTs or 10 year's worth of ICT. There IS a difference. Because if it is 10 years' of ICT, then if you sway and kena 2 ICTs in one year, its still considered 1 year's worth of ICT.

You should get your orange medal on the last day of your 5th ICT. That shows you are half way there. And on the last day of your 10th ICT you should get the red medal and the watch. They should send you a MR letter shortly after. That is when you can say you are a free man.

If after 10 ICTs and no MR letter, better call and ask. Either cock up or the way they count is different and you still owe 1 year.

BTW if by chance you kena 6 high key and 4 low key, if you are farking sway you may get called back for 1 more high key. After all, its supposed to be MINIMUM 7 high. I heard of one guy who kena this sh*t so his was 11 ICTs.
For me, I do not mind serving High Keys even beyond 10 only if I do not have to fulfill further IPPT/IPT/RT commitments.

As for the Orange Medal, my unit was so cock-up that they even tried to award me a 2nd one after I already received one previous ICT. So 2 x Orange = 10 years right?

Between, the Hamilton watch isn't worth much cost no resale value anyway
cct75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2011, 05:25 PM   #41

If you get your Watch mean you have already MR. You can check with your unit regrading this.
That is not correct. I received my watch on my 9th ICT, thought MR liao but called back NS chief clerk, she say watch is given on the 9th ICT, not when you MR.
Excaliblur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2011, 06:11 PM   #42
Arch-Supremacy Member

The correct way is when you finish your 10 cycle (at least 7 HK & 3 LK), they will give you the MR cert & the watch to thank you for serving the nation.

If you have not MR, why should SAF give you the watch (thank you gift) to say thank you?

The reason why some NSmen can get MR below 10 cycle & some can get watch before MR or both is because it is the unit who process all this things.

So it is up to your unit & chances is your unit practice all along this way because GOM is misleading & etc.

That is not correct. I received my watch on my 9th ICT, thought MR liao but called back NS chief clerk, she say watch is given on the 9th ICT, not when you MR.
Kyoji83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 05:04 PM   #43
High Supremacy Member

need to confirm , is it true they will stop calling u for ICT when near 38-39 years of age?
MoyoCase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 05:17 PM   #44
High Supremacy Member

need to confirm , is it true they will stop calling u for ICT when near 38-39 years of age?
Basis for asking this qns?
reddevil0728 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 11:26 PM   #45

Not true. Have seen guys in my unit called up for their first ICT and they were 37 years old.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.