www.hardwarezone.com.sg

www.hardwarezone.com.sg (/)
-   National Service Knowledge-Base (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/national-service-knowledge-base-162/)
-   -   Lao Jiao fall in, checking MR criteria (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/national-service-knowledge-base-162/lao-jiao-fall-checking-mr-criteria-3168182.html)

echeong 31-03-2011 02:20 PM

Lao Jiao fall in, checking MR criteria

Big hooha during my ICT this year, causing lots of unhappiness among my buddies who counted and thought they would MR this year. Initial talk from the commanders also indicated over 100+ would MR from my unit (657SIR). But last day of ICT, my OC called the whole company and dropped the bombshell. None would MR this year. All fulfilling the requrirement of 7 ICT (high key) and 10 NS years would be joining the unit to stand down in the next ICT. The reason given is the definition of the NS year. OC say they (the brigade) have new policy which count by the month of the 1st call-up. If 1st call-up is Sep'2001, then only Sep'2011 then counted as 10yrs and qualify for MR cert. Since the ICT is in Mar, those 10yrs service not reached during this ICT won't get their MR cert. They would only get during the next ICT. This is odd as last year, some get their MR cert with post-dated release dates (ICT in Jan'2010 but MR date in Apr'2010). Why this year cannot do the same for people MR dates in later part of this year? The most funny thing is they didn't release MR cert but all gotten the watch this year?!
:s27:

Any MR lao jiao pls advise how their units counted their ICT cycles?

Kam sia

getsby 31-03-2011 09:30 PM

LLST loh, anyway doing ICT is good ma, can zzzing in camp

whatz_triz 31-03-2011 09:52 PM

Your brigade got the power and final say to determine your unit's MR status. Even though your unit may have fulfill the MR requirements of 7HK, 3LK and 10 NS year/cycles, it is still up to your brigade's decision whether your unit should stand-down and MR.
As of why your unit did not stand-down and MR even though fulfilling the MR requirements, this could be due to quite a lot of unit under your brigade's command had MR during this work-year already, therefore your brigade had decided NOT to MR your unit at this work-year. This is only my speculation, actual reason I don't know.
Yes, it is common to post date MR date on the MR cert. Last time, my 10th (and also last) ICT was early Nov, but my MR cert was post dated to end Dec the same year (therefore official date for my MR status is end Dec that year). Lucky for me and my unit, our whole battalion swee swee stand-down and MR exactly at our 10th NS cycle after fulfilling 7HK and 3LK ICT.
So conclusion, your unit's stand-down and MR date is at the discrete of your brigade's decision. Whether your are happy or not you also have to LLST.

Kyoji83 01-04-2011 07:25 PM

Unless you are 40 years old for WOSE & 50 years old for Officer, if not you will still needs to serve NS even if you have MR.

You can have a lose-lose situation.

You complaint to Mindef & your unit will be force to MR.

However after all of you have MR, your unit can dig you out from MR List & ask all of you to come back for reservist.

whatz_triz 01-04-2011 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kyoji83 (Post 54451691)
Unless you are 40 years old for WOSE & 50 years old for Officer, if not you will still needs to serve NS even if you have MR.

You can have a lose-lose situation.

You complaint to Mindef & your unit will be force to MR.

However after all of you have MR, your unit can dig you out from MR List & ask all of you to come back for reservist.

Are you sure?

Quote:

Quoted from Mindef website:-

"MINDEF Reserve consists of NSmen who have completed their NS training cycle but have yet to reach the statutory age. They are no longer called back for In-Camp Training (ICT) but are still liable for NS."
The interpretation are as follows:-

They are no longer called back for In-Camp Training (ICT)
You are not liable for training (ICT)/reservist during peace time.

but are still liable for NS
You will be activated to defend S'pore if there is a war.

When you MR, your unit will brief you on this.
Btw, have you know any NSmen being recall back for ICT after they have MR :s22::s22::s22:? Don't have right?

THFC78 02-04-2011 05:41 PM

If you have receive your MR cert and still got call back for ICT, i guess someone cock up big time....

goenitz33 02-04-2011 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whatz_triz (Post 54455458)
Are you sure?

The interpretation are as follows:-

They are no longer called back for In-Camp Training (ICT)
You are not liable for training (ICT)/reservist during peace time.

but are still liable for NS
You will be activated to defend S'pore if there is a war.

When you MR, your unit will brief you on this.
Btw, have you know any NSmen being recall back for ICT after they have MR :s22::s22::s22:? Don't have right?

Confirm his just trying to cannon his way ard :s13:

whatz_triz 03-04-2011 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by THFC78 (Post 54476368)
If you have receive your MR cert and still got call back for ICT, i guess someone cock up big time....

He don't know but still try to mislead others :s13:.
利害就好,不要假利害

ahwei86 03-04-2011 04:36 PM

birth rate too low, llst till got ppl take over u loh

cct75 05-04-2011 03:04 PM

My case also not good. Already done 7 High Key as on November 2009 yet only served 1 low key according to my NS Booklet. Called my unit to verify and they say unit has no more low keys so I still have perhaps 1 or max 2 more High Keys to exchange for the missing low keys or when I reach 40 which ever comes first :(

echeong 05-04-2011 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cct75 (Post 54550159)
My case also not good. Already done 7 High Key as on November 2009 yet only served 1 low key according to my NS Booklet. Called my unit to verify and they say unit has no more low keys so I still have perhaps 1 or max 2 more High Keys to exchange for the missing low keys or when I reach 40 which ever comes first :(

Unit high key but you can join in 1/2 way for low key right? That's what my oc mentioned, those missing low key (NS yrs) can join in only 1/2 way.

THFC78 05-04-2011 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cct75 (Post 54550159)

wah this is quite suay, but there are quite a number of ppl who face the same issue as u.

goenitz33 05-04-2011 05:15 PM

Dont your unit got range? arent those low key?

or vocation refresher trainings?

i thought quoted from some ppl here, the amt of HK is more impt then LK?

my Unit only look at HK. They even specifically say 7 HK is the base requirement to MR.

mickey88 06-04-2011 01:33 PM

Depend on unit..I completed 7 high n 3 low..no discount

whatz_triz 06-04-2011 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mickey88 (Post 54580963)
Depend on unit..I completed 7 high n 3 low..no discount

That's 1/2 correct, I already mentioned in my post earlier that your unit's stand-down and MR date is at the discrete of your brigade's decision, not unit's decision.