HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

News of new boots?

Like Tree8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 18-05-2012, 10:52 PM   #46

nope, its basically 6 tiny holes.

water goes in, but very slowly... meaning if you stick the boot into water, your socks will start to seep in water...... maybe take around 5 min to soak the sock.
agentxq49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2012, 11:02 PM   #47

most probably is one way valve... if is two way then is really stupid, even by saf's standard...
no idea...

http://MyBitcoinJob.com/?id=LobsterX
LobsterX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2012, 11:46 PM   #48

Easy to wear anot?
andyjeewk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2012, 07:53 AM   #49
Greater Supremacy Member

cheaper, lighter... ...

.--- -- --. Bugis Beatles | Samalongkok FC
kampong boi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2012, 09:24 AM   #50
High Supremacy Member

the old saf leather boots will always be the best! those laojiao ones will know which one m i talking about.

I was issued the first picture type. Very lasting lor. Till now is almost 10 years but sole still intact and leather nevet peel. Just that the insole not so comfortable.

The goretex more comfortable but less than 2 year open mouth. Cobbler had to sew it up. The one that look like goretex but full leather is worst. 1 year plus leather start to peel like crazy.

For an army that can spend so much on innovation, its a pity they cant get a basic pair of boots right.
derrickgoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-2012, 04:44 PM   #51
Master Member

cyberpioneer - News - Goodbye, water-logged boots (18 May 12)

this should be the new boots that we're gonna get...
jyyj87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-2012, 05:13 PM   #52

So what exactly is the story with the Magnum boots? Did they do testing with the Magnums, then said "screw it it's too expensive" and blatantly copy its unique properties onto the new frontier boots?

The extra strip of leather seems to be for better ankle support (as opposed to a stiff moulded support on the Magnums), the drainage holes on the inner sides (as opposed to drainage holes on the sides of the toe caps), and the outsole grooves kind of resembles the Magnum Spider's urban combat outsole. No ceramic sides to grip the climbing/rappelling rope better though.

Really quite curious as I've seen the SAF-tested Magnums selling out in the wild at Beach road (sporting specially-designed jungle outsoles) and on Ryca's website (http://ryca.com.sg/Magnum-Spider8.1-HPi.html). When I enquired at Mount Faber SAFRA eMart the staff are clueless as they've also heard multiple stories of the new boots... of course I wouldn't mind if SAF decides to release both models (Frontier & Magnum Spider) so we have a choice of budget/premium models just like they did with Full-leather/Gore-Tex.

Last edited by Maverick_83; 31-05-2012 at 06:52 PM.. Reason: Added Ryca's link
Maverick_83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-2012, 07:04 PM   #53

cyberpioneer - News - Goodbye, water-logged boots (18 May 12)

this should be the new boots that we're gonna get...
Didn't I post it earlier at post #37?????

http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/66721006-post37.html

you no read is it?

Old 05-06-2012, 12:58 PM   #54

I've seen the new boots. Doesn't seem like a 1 way valve at all. Looks like 2 holes held by a circular clip with the 6 miniature holes.

The emart lady said it's supposed to be water explusion but she doesn't seem convinced at all. The gortex material is similar on the outside but on the inside, it doesn't seem to have that soft padding to protect your ankle area.

Overall it's definately lighter and more flexible. But I don't know about the holes. Haven't bought it though. 75credits.
alphaex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 02:52 PM   #55

I've seen the new boots. Doesn't seem like a 1 way valve at all. Looks like 2 holes held by a circular clip with the 6 miniature holes.

The emart lady said it's supposed to be water explusion but she doesn't seem convinced at all. The gortex material is similar on the outside but on the inside, it doesn't seem to have that soft padding to protect your ankle area.

Overall it's definately lighter and more flexible. But I don't know about the holes. Haven't bought it though. 75credits.

which emart were you at when you saw this new boots?

Old 06-06-2012, 04:52 PM   #56

which emart were you at when you saw this new boots?
Sungei Gedong.
alphaex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-2012, 06:05 PM   #57

Got the new boots(Frontier) a week ago at clementi emart.
75 credits.

Light and comfortable, very flexible too.
Cant say yet about the durability though, obviously. (Since i haven't had it that long to talk about that.)
MysteryNotes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-2012, 07:09 PM   #58
Supremacy Member

75 credits.

Cant say yet about the durability though, obviously. (Since i haven't had it that long to talk about that.)
can do the water test?
Dixon. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2012, 12:36 AM   #59

75 credits.

Just got one pair myself on Friday at Mt Faber SAFRA eMart, last box. The outsole looks like a cross between the old leather and Gore-Tex designs. I think SAF's quite serious this time about solving the outsole problem. Did you get the feedback form with your boots? They want to know if we've got complaints this time around.
Maverick_83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2012, 02:19 AM   #60

Just got one pair myself on Friday at Mt Faber SAFRA eMart, last box. The outsole looks like a cross between the old leather and Gore-Tex designs. I think SAF's quite serious this time about solving the outsole problem. Did you get the feedback form with your boots? They want to know if we've got complaints this time around.
did they say when they are restocking?

me size9..... me want to test test ..... lols

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.