NS Home Awards 3rd milestone

howly111

Reaction score
If I deferred my first 3 LK ICTs due to studies (and still cleared my IPPT for those years) but completed my remaining 7 HK with my unit to MR together.

Then am I considered to have done 7 ORNS + 7 HK, or 10 ORNS + 7 HK?

I was reading about how the reward for the 3rd milestone of NS Home Awards is given out after completing 10 ORNS + 7 HK.

Currently, my unit is done with 9 cycles, so the next one will be my final HK. TIA!

matey1982

Banned
Reaction score
If I deferred my first 3 LK ICTs due to studies (and still cleared my IPPT for those years) but completed my remaining 7 HK with my unit to MR together.

I was reading about how the reward for the 3rd milestone of NS Home Awards is given out after completing 10 ORNS + 7 HK.

Currently, my unit is done with 9 cycles, so the next one will be my final HK. TIA!

your Bn or Bde S1 branch would have the list of pple that is gg to MR with the 10ORNS?

did u ask them?

howly111

Reaction score
how's the check like?

and have u reach the 40 yr old mark?

I will be eligible for the reward after my next ICT. Seems like I have attended 0.5 day briefings as well as ops manning over the years, so those were counted into my ORNS :)

I am far from 40 :s13:

matey1982

Banned
Reaction score
I will be eligible for the reward after my next ICT. Seems like I have attended 0.5 day briefings as well as ops manning over the years, so those were counted into my ORNS :)

I am far from 40 :s13:

think now more activities are counted towards the ORNS activities that NSman clock within the work year i.e 1 Apr till 31 Mar the following yr

having been NSman myself until 2018...if can reach the 10yr quota early to MR, better...being NSman when with no family commitment vs being NSman with family commitment does make some difference

large.

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

I think 7 HK + 3 LK is the minimum for the award. If a person hits 40 with 7 HK and 2 LK, it is not counted.

Not sure if this still stands.

large.

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
think now more activities are counted towards the ORNS activities that NSman clock within the work year i.e 1 Apr till 31 Mar the following yr

having been NSman myself until 2018...if can reach the 10yr quota early to MR, better...being NSman when with no family commitment vs being NSman with family commitment does make some difference

I agree. I did not go local uni to study and started my reservist one year plus after ORD. My batch sergeants who went local uni only came back during my 5th or 6th cycle so when I attained MR, they were still only halfway through.

It's a lot of difference.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.