Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-09-2019, 08:38 AM   #1

NS Posting 03/19

Results going to be out soon! All seniors please help haha
hihi98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2019, 09:36 AM   #2

Help. What's a Sea Terminal Operator? Haha at 3rd SAF TPT BN

Last edited by hihi98; 13-09-2019 at 10:53 AM..
Old 13-09-2019, 10:03 AM   #3

SAF MEDICAL TI, CBT MEDIC.

"Excuse rifle, push up, pull up, gripping and SOC" will OOT from course or not? Mine 84 days only, expire mid November.
MisterWiabu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2019, 10:16 AM   #4

OES, SUP ASST(AMMO)

GG
kenny180398 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2019, 03:22 PM   #5

That’s another fancy way of saying transport operator (IE. Driver). Though the machinery you’ll be operating should be LARK-V (Lighter, Amphibious Resupply, Cargo, 5 ton).

Help. What's a Sea Terminal Operator? Haha at 3rd SAF TPT BN
Old 13-09-2019, 04:38 PM   #6

Wow... that means they will send me for driving lessons right? Hah thanks for your reply.

That’s another fancy way of saying transport operator (IE. Driver). Though the machinery you’ll be operating should be LARK-V (Lighter, Amphibious Resupply, Cargo, 5 ton).
Old 13-09-2019, 06:06 PM   #7

Wow... that means they will send me for driving lessons right? Hah thanks for your reply.
Congrats! If you covered a particular mileage through your NS, you will be issued driving licenses. Just think how much time and money you can save by not having to learn driving commercially.
sohcheekeong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2019, 06:22 PM   #8
High Supremacy Member

SAF MEDICAL TI, CBT MEDIC.

"Excuse rifle, push up, pull up, gripping and SOC" will OOT from course or not? Mine 84 days only, expire mid November.
If your course is 84 days long, n if u are required to do all those but you canít. Then possibly?
reddevil0728 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2019, 06:35 PM   #9

Omg sounds like quite a good unit hehe thanks for all your reply!!

Congrats! If you covered a particular mileage through your NS, you will be issued driving licenses. Just think how much time and money you can save by not having to learn driving commercially.
Old 13-09-2019, 06:48 PM   #10

Realistically speaking, not everyone might clock the required mileage and qualify for the conversion from military to civilian license. You might end up waiting at the same spot more than driving distances (to clock the mileage).

LARK-V travels both land and water, so the distance covered via water might not be counted to your mileage for the conversion. Though the military might have updated their policy for this. You might want to clarify and find out more when there.

I’m not sure of the exact figures for the distance required to clocked. I last heard the bar might have been lowered abit too.

Old 13-09-2019, 07:54 PM   #11
Master Member

Realistically speaking, not everyone might clock the required mileage and qualify for the conversion from military to civilian license. You might end up waiting at the same spot more than driving distances (to clock the mileage).

LARK-V travels both land and water, so the distance covered via water might not be counted to your mileage for the conversion. Though the military might have updated their policy for this. You might want to clarify and find out more when there.

Iím not sure of the exact figures for the distance required to clocked. I last heard the bar might have been lowered abit too.
It used to be 7000km (for normal drivers) and no traffic offense. You will automatically get your class 3 upon ORD.

I heard its now 5000km and you get class 3 AND 4. That is a steal!

Not sure how it works now but when i was active, the sgts will give priority to those who are going to ORD, so all the long distance details will go to them. I'm pretty sure this is one of those unspoken rules.

Of course, there are ways to clock mileage, most of which you will find out when you get posted. All you need is paperwork
Old 13-09-2019, 10:44 PM   #12

Wow thanks for the useful info! Will definitely keep a lookout on this. Sorry if this is a stupid question, but is there any more PT or any field camps for this vocation? And how long is the training course? Thank you guys for your help!

I’m not sure of the exact figures for the distance required to clocked. I last heard the bar might have been lowered abit too.
Old 13-09-2019, 10:45 PM   #13

Haha thank you for your reply! Will definitely ask around when I am in the unit! At least now I don't feel so lost as compared to when I first received the posting haha

It used to be 7000km (for normal drivers) and no traffic offense. You will automatically get your class 3 upon ORD.

I heard its now 5000km and you get class 3 AND 4. That is a steal!

Not sure how it works now but when i was active, the sgts will give priority to those who are going to ORD, so all the long distance details will go to them. I'm pretty sure this is one of those unspoken rules.

Of course, there are ways to clock mileage, most of which you will find out when you get posted. All you need is paperwork
Old 13-09-2019, 11:10 PM   #14

Really happy you got a good posting. Remember you started a track on BMT enlistment some months back - now you have finished your BMT and ready to move on to your next posting.

So some drivers will not get their driving license because they didn't clock enough mileage or touch wood, got into an accident. However, if you think of it positively - even if you don't have a license (I am sure you will get yours) upon ORD, you could easily pass the commercial driving test because you would have two years' experience in driving vehicles (and big vehicles too). Going directly to the driving test and not having to spend time and money learning driving is already a big plus compared with those who start from scratch.

Anyway, all the best to your next vocation!
sohcheekeong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2019, 12:52 AM   #15

OES, SUP ASST(AMMO)

GG
you have high security clearance
BackgrounKoala_07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.