NSmen Cohesion?

eviL | Live

Reaction score
Got a surprise SMS that I'm called up for a half day event at SAFRA Punggol.

SAF100 issued.

Is it possible to just ignore without applying deferment?

I dont feel like going and it's very troublesome to get supporting documents from my new coy i just joined to apply for deferment, just to defer a 0.5 day NSman call-up.

reddevil0728

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Got a surprise SMS that I'm called up for a half day event at SAFRA Punggol.

SAF100 issued.

Is it possible to just ignore without applying deferment?

I dont feel like going and it's very troublesome to get supporting documents from my new coy i just joined to apply for deferment, just to defer a 0.5 day NSman call-up.
It's SAF100. What do you think? :s8:

eviL | Live

Reaction score
is it your first time getting SAF100? or maybe your first time hearing what's SAF100?

First time getting it.

Understand that I can get charged if I ignore or something?

iirc when I was an nsf I was the one assisting with cohesion and trying to get NSmen back with saf100 but iirc those NSmen don’t show up.

It’s been a few years. I havent got called back for ICT yet.

iirc also when I issued saf100 I had to follow up on NSmen who did not acknowledge the call up. I called them some picked up some don’t pick up. Not sure for these NSmen what they did to be able to have a no-show. Deferment is the only legit way? I rather not call up my unit for now.

Last edited:

reddevil0728

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
First time getting it.

Understand that I can get charged if I ignore or something?

iirc when I was an nsf I was the one assisting with cohesion and trying to get NSmen back with saf100 but iirc those NSmen don’t show up.

It’s been a few years. I havent got called back for ICT yet.

iirc also when I issued saf100 I had to follow up on NSmen who did not acknowledge the call up. I called them some picked up some don’t pick up. Not sure for these NSmen what they did to be able to have a no-show. Deferment is the only legit way? I rather not call up my unit for now.
How new is your new job? If is quite new, you can possibly try to submit your letter of employment first? if they reject then you get documents from coy?

eviL | Live

Reaction score
How new is your new job? If is quite new, you can possibly try to submit your letter of employment first? if they reject then you get documents from coy?

Just started work yesterday.

Cohesion in 6 weeks time.

Ok will try out your suggestion.

reddevil0728

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just started work yesterday.

Cohesion in 6 weeks time.

Ok will try out your suggestion.
There's a lot of way to prove starting job 1 la. route 1 is not always as your new company. If kena rejected then different story la.

mgx-alander

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
ignore will get charge for sure

charge as AWOL if SAF 100 issued and u acknowledged

then u will get another letter to go CMPB answer charge

green72

Reaction score
The issue here is you feel like not going and you think it's troublesome to get supporting document from your workplace.

I believe no company in Singapore can prevent you from attending a ICT if SAF100 is issued.

But the problem lies in your reluctance to attend the half day ICT.

My advice is to serve your NS liability with due diligence.
Don't trouble yourself as getting charge for AWOL also require you to skip work as a SAF100 will be issue for that.

I personally have experienced being charged as a NSmen but for different reasons. I share my thoughts based on experience.

Not worth the hassle. Just attend and F.O

Last edited:

chehjin

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
how hard or how troublesome can it be to get a letter or email stating you are employee of a coy and the start date?

any HR dept worth its salt can get it done in a blink of a eye.

now a days deferment just do on ns.sg click a few buttons, so easy still can say its troublesome. :s22:

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.