Personal Concerns about Food

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By NWT1978
  • 1 Post By xxduckxx
  • 1 Post By -hollowman-

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-01-2019, 01:00 PM   #1

Personal Concerns about Food

Hi, Im at PES B and may drop to C due to surgery.

However, im very concern about the food wheb i enter National Service. I am very picky about food. I simply cant handle any vegetables and would gag and may vomit.

I know it is silly and I understand that food should not be wasted, thats why ive been avoiding vegetables constantly when I order food. However, I just cannot help it. If you force me to eat food that taste bad, I would gag and may vomit.

Is there any way around this? I want to try to fix this problem, but Ive been failing and dont think I would be able to eat vegetables anytime soon when I enter ns.
jojokesuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2019, 02:02 PM   #2
Arch-Supremacy Member

However, im very concern about the food wheb i enter National Service. I am very picky about food. I simply cant handle any vegetables and would gag and may vomit.

I know it is silly and I understand that food should not be wasted, thats why ive been avoiding vegetables constantly when I order food. However, I just cannot help it. If you force me to eat food that taste bad, I would gag and may vomit.

Is there any way around this? I want to try to fix this problem, but Ive been failing and dont think I would be able to eat vegetables anytime soon when I enter ns.
then how u going to get fibre unless u brought those fibre drink in?

food there the standards are not what u used to get outside ones... u need the food to get the energy for the daily activities ones... if u are picky about food then u going to find more difficult to eat the combat ration...

for the combat ration food how u going to avoid eating that or are u going to eat biscuits and drink those 3 in 1 drink?

maybe need to inform your OC or SGT... not sure if they would be able to help or even the MO...
sohcheekeong likes this.
NWT1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2019, 02:55 PM   #3

I am in a similar situation as you. I will feel like vomiting if I try to eat any vegetables.
Unless you are in those elite unit, they won't really care whether did you finish all your food.
I was lucky that no one else notice that I didn't eat any of the vegetables during BMT.

When I was posted to unit, there is someone else who was more picky eater than me.
He claim he only eat western food like burger and fries, he refuse to eat any rice, noodles.
At cookhouse, he will just scan, take the food, then straight away throw away the food.
He was make fun by everybody because of this.
I was lucky that he is around, because few month later, my camp mates did found out that I don't eat vegetables, but because all the attention is on him, no one make fun of me.

I won't suggest letting your commanders know about this, because there's nothing they can do, instead, they may even make fun of you.

papercar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2019, 04:18 PM   #4

then how u going to get fibre unless u brought those fibre drink in?

food there the standards are not what u used to get outside ones... u need the food to get the energy for the daily activities ones... if u are picky about food then u going to find more difficult to eat the combat ration...

for the combat ration food how u going to avoid eating that or are u going to eat biscuits and drink those 3 in 1 drink?

maybe need to inform your OC or SGT... not sure if they would be able to help or even the MO...
Yes I have heard about the combat rations from my friends ahead of me.

I understand that it is silly, and nutrients fibre are all very important.

I appreciate your reply and will take the advice.
Old 10-01-2019, 04:19 PM   #5

I am in a similar situation as you. I will feel like vomiting if I try to eat any vegetables.
Unless you are in those elite unit, they won't really care whether did you finish all your food.
I was lucky that no one else notice that I didn't eat any of the vegetables during BMT.

When I was posted to unit, there is someone else who was more picky eater than me.
He claim he only eat western food like burger and fries, he refuse to eat any rice, noodles.
At cookhouse, he will just scan, take the food, then straight away throw away the food.
He was make fun by everybody because of this.
I was lucky that he is around, because few month later, my camp mates did found out that I don't eat vegetables, but because all the attention is on him, no one make fun of me.

I won't suggest letting your commanders know about this, because there's nothing they can do, instead, they may even make fun of you.
Mixed feelings, but Im happy that there are others like me.

Is that so? Im still quite nervous myself, but I will keep in mind about it.

Thanks for your reply and sharing about your story!
Old 10-01-2019, 05:24 PM   #6

This is weird for me but I can understand because I had men like that..

My advice .. Make sure you get your downgrade to PES C. If not be prepared to have a tough time with food during BMT / Vocational training period.. If you somehow manage to get through all that training .. then things will taper off and no one will really care after that..

If you get your PES C.. then good for you.. you probably won't have such a hard time except maybe the already shortened outfield experience during BMT for the PES Cs which will require you to try out combat rations.. so if you do just let you body do the rest (i.e. puke it out)

my 2 cents
sohcheekeong likes this.
xxduckxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2019, 11:40 PM   #7
Supremacy Member

If you go by the book, you can request to see a MO before your enlistment. Just write in. They will look in your case and maybe give you “excuse vegetables” and possibly escape some activites like field camp and a lower PES level

If not by the book you can always tell the server no vegetables or dont eat them. No one cares
fake_oranges is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2019, 11:58 PM   #8
High Supremacy Member

SAF food taste at best OK because almost almost nothing is deep fried.
hacktic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2019, 02:10 AM   #9
Arch-Supremacy Member

you know that you can reject the vegetables served at the cookhouse? just take the meat dishes, or set aside vege if the dish is meat/vege mixed. same thing with fresh ration outfield, just set them aside and eat the rest. don't really have much tips regarding combat rations....

i know i always reject brinjal, or if i find the vege don't look that "presentable" on sight.
sohcheekeong likes this.
-hollowman- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2019, 01:27 PM   #10
High Supremacy Member

you know that you can reject the vegetables served at the cookhouse? just take the meat dishes, or set aside vege if the dish is meat/vege mixed. same thing with fresh ration outfield, just set them aside and eat the rest. don't really have much tips regarding combat rations....

i know i always reject brinjal, or if i find the vege don't look that "presentable" on sight.
my 2 cousins also dun jiak vegetables, but during bmt too shag liao

dun eat also will eat for the sake of it

only go units liao, then at cookhouse avoid taking those vegetables.

as for combat rations. they just jiak if not will be hungry
Old 11-01-2019, 02:43 PM   #11
Arch-Supremacy Member

just tell them not to serve you the veg, simple as that
zhaohan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2019, 09:16 PM   #12
Supremacy Member

cookhouse uncle auntie usually ok 1 lah...

combat rations.... swap among others lo

eat more biscuit lo...
alamakazim is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.