Police National Service - Part 2

veltix

Reaction score
Hi fellas Pnsmen who orded and recall go for reservist under kins. Anyone from kins kena recourse? If kena "recourse beefing and uniform" . Must i bring my old uniform and sbo for exchange. And what to wear there?

guyz92

Reaction score
Was thinking of enlisting then defer for poly.

Sent from pulau semakau offshore landfill using GAGT

It may affect your rank promotion opportunity.

If you have Poly Diploma or GCE A level or IB / IB-Diploma with IPPT pass and cleared shooting during BPT, you are eligible for Direct CPL promotion.

Allowance different is alot. If without Direct SCCPL, you may ORD with SCCPL which pay you $550 + meal allowance + risk pay(if required).

SCSGT pay is about $900 + meal allowance + risk pay(if required).

snowylim

Reaction score
Hi guys like to ask a qns about pre-ord shooting?if i fail pre-ord shoot i understood that my cos grade would be affected(assuming after many remedial shooting still fail),wat about reservist posting? As in does fail shooting means most likely wont get post to kins?

Mogan23

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
It may affect your rank promotion opportunity.

If you have Poly Diploma or GCE A level or IB / IB-Diploma with IPPT pass and cleared shooting during BPT, you are eligible for Direct CPL promotion.

Allowance different is alot. If without Direct SCCPL, you may ORD with SCCPL which pay you $550 + meal allowance + risk pay(if required).

SCSGT pay is about $900 + meal allowance + risk pay(if required).

Just checked mindef website. I can only defer for poly in my 2nd yr of NS.

I thought I could enlist in Jan 2016 and start poly in April 2016, but it doesn't seem that I will be able to do that.

And I only get my poly entrance confirmation like 1 or 2 weeks before poly starts, then give the letter to NS admin and wait for their confirmation will take some time.

So I Guess I'll have to defer completely :(

DoraTheExplorer

Reaction score
Hi guys like to ask a qns about pre-ord shooting?if i fail pre-ord shoot i understood that my cos grade would be affected(assuming after many remedial shooting still fail),wat about reservist posting? As in does fail shooting means most likely wont get post to kins?

If fail shooting = cannot draw arms = cannot be posted to vocations which require arms.. If I'm not wrong means won't go KINS.

lostasor22

Reaction score
If POP in 14 Jan 2016, is it possible to apply 1 week leave for end feb? since only in new vocation for 1 month?

imshnew

Reaction score
Hello all, I'm new here.
I'm enlisting on 16 Feb 2016, am currently still a NITEC design student.
I got pes B1L1 but because at school lazy and stupid so I fail napfa, then the enlistment letter ask me go in early for physical training before proceeding with BPT. :(
Am thinking of signing on though, but cos nitec only so pay quite low, any thoughts on this
Anyone enlisting on same date as me?

biodraft

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hello all, I'm new here.
I'm enlisting on 16 Feb 2016, am currently still a NITEC design student.
I got pes B1L1 but because at school lazy and stupid so I fail napfa, then the enlistment letter ask me go in early for physical training before proceeding with BPT. :(
Am thinking of signing on though, but cos nitec only so pay quite low, any thoughts on this
Anyone enlisting on same date as me?
dont sign on. this job requires passion, from what i see, you need a job with a better salary.

imshnew

Reaction score
dont sign on. this job requires passion, from what i see, you need a job with a better salary.
Hello, sorry I didn't mean it like that.
I mean I am 50% sure I am passionate about being a police officer because I've always wanted to be one since young, but I guess I'd have to go in to experience the life there before I can be certain I'd like it 100%.
But my dad's leg is getting worse and having a hard time at his airport job, so I hope to get salary earlier so I can pay for the house mortgage and he can drive taxi full time so as to rest his legs.
I'm scared my passion will make my family distressed cos of monetary status, but i think it won't be so bad after all since my elder sis would graduate from mass communication from NUS and would work already so she can share the load with me?
So sorry if my first post sounds like I just wanted to join police with no passion. :(

Last edited:

biodraft

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hello, sorry I didn't mean it like that.
I mean I am 50% sure I am passionate about being a police officer because I've always wanted to be one since young, but I guess I'd have to go in to experience the life there before I can be certain I'd like it 100%.
But my dad's leg is getting worse and having a hard time at his airport job, so I hope to get salary earlier so I can pay for the house mortgage and he can drive taxi full time so as to rest his legs.
I'm scared my passion will make my family distressed cos of monetary status, but i think it won't be so bad after all since my elder sis would graduate from mass communication from NUS and would work already so she can share the load with me?
So sorry if my first post sounds like I just wanted to join police with no passion. :(
hmm, after reading what you just said, please finish your ns and get a better paid job outside. you are only 50% sure about your passion and for the next few years, money is most important to you.

my advice is serve the 2 years then you decide. ns can change you and your thinking :p

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.