HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

police selection assessment

Like Tree85Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16-03-2009, 09:24 PM   #181
Supremacy Member

the first interview for me was through SMS. i think they send SMS oso rite for others? hmm i not sure for 2nd or subsequent interview. if checkup they'll send letter.

Wish the best of Luck for those who are applying

Me still waiting for enlistment letter -.-.
thn siao liao. i might hv missed e sms....when did u apply?
Old 16-03-2009, 09:30 PM   #182

lol...nvm just keep applying...dat time i applied twice....once in november and once in december
Dj_AsiCs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2009, 10:51 PM   #183
Supremacy Member

is there a need to have a very good acad result to sign on as police officer?
Are they very concern about result?

by the way, i'm from poly

Last edited by Hellooo; 16-03-2009 at 11:16 PM..
Hellooo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2009, 11:08 PM   #184
High Supremacy Member

no need.
Got cert got talk.
Got diploma got talk.
CyanSupra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2009, 11:11 PM   #185
Arch-Supremacy Member

no need.
Got cert got talk.
Got diploma got talk.
also diao big time. think twice.
tiffanydunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2009, 11:17 PM   #186
High Supremacy Member

lol...nvm just keep applying...dat time i applied twice....once in november and once in december
Chances being selected via internet application are quite low.
If u want fast reply from them, try to apply on the spot during their recruitment roadshow.
U will get faster reply to go for police selection.

Spf shall be setting up booth at jobsdb career fair.
Maybe u can try ur luck there

Last edited by CyanSupra; 16-03-2009 at 11:19 PM..
Old 17-03-2009, 12:05 AM   #187

can enlighten what is home team merit award? if your award has a direct link to the LMS or OMS,
then your path should be as of the senior officer.

So far I only know that fellow regulars (junior officers) doing part time degree are not able to get direct conversion from JO to SO. It requires u to earn your merit and experience to get to be selected for P/Insp course(9 mths in tracom) subsequently getting your inspector rank.This process can take as long as 15 to 20 years in force depending on your potential. Regards to stress and time factor, it all dependent on your vocation

if u are status now in a pnsf, then i guess the only way for u is to ord, get a degree and try applying directly as a senior officer; if that what u really want.

hope it answers abit of your doubts. correct me if i am wrong fellow seniors haha
oh damn, the coversion process can take 15 to 20 years!?! the award is open to current polytechnic students, basically get about 42k-46k depending on when the award is confirmed after that and career development opportunities as per other awards, bond period is 4 years, but will run concurrently with NS 5 years obligations for SPF or SCDF if NS has not being done, like me. the MHA recruitment officer was rather cloudy in her reply on the promotion process to SPO, she was like telling me "it is going to be VERY VERY HARD but we do have officers who get promoted" I intend to take on part time degree courses immediately after I finish the 6 months training. do you think if i actually resign after the 5 years and apply on to another agency under the home team, i will be better considered for a senior officer position. hopefully, if my plan goes nicely, i would have my part time degree before the end of my 5 years bond, much faster path than many others who would have to do 2 years ns, 4 years degree for mindef enlistees.

of cuz what i said here was not mentioned to the interviewers when they asked some of the questions

Last edited by skydog; 17-03-2009 at 12:12 AM..
skydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2009, 12:22 AM   #188
High Supremacy Member

for newly regulars who just joined the force are not able to go for studies for the 2 years bond.
Dunno does those who join without ns
Old 17-03-2009, 12:53 AM   #189

i checked with police on this before, they said can only start studying after 2 years as well. the mha recruitment woman told me that i can start studying from year 1 onwards as long as don't conflict. i think what they meant was

- official studies can only begin after 2 years, but obviously being official, i think can get leave, grants and some other incentives
- unofficial studies can begin even from day 1.

not very sure about this too, i am pretty sure when i start working next time. the admin policy with MHA and operating policy will conflict each other...
skydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2009, 01:50 AM   #190

Chances being selected via internet application are quite low.
If u want fast reply from them, try to apply on the spot during their recruitment roadshow.
U will get faster reply to go for police selection.

Spf shall be setting up booth at jobsdb career fair.
Maybe u can try ur luck there
ohh yaa dat time oso my school gt the career fair. i went to apply at the spf booth.
Dj_AsiCs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2009, 01:51 PM   #191

I'm filling the ICA application form also if my SPF application fail. I will submit it during the Career fair this weekend and hopefully I can get in. Salary wise is lower than SPF but still above the average executive pay in the private sector. Anyone considering this options as well?
Old 17-03-2009, 01:55 PM   #192

is there a need to have a very good acad result to sign on as police officer?
Are they very concern about result?

by the way, i'm from poly
I don't think that is the main deciding factor. I heard that you sometimes wonder how some people can still get into the SPF? They can be overweight and a pass in their cert. What they are more concern is your passion for this career.
Old 17-03-2009, 01:57 PM   #193
Supremacy Member

I'm filling the ICA application form also if my SPF application fail. I will submit it during the Career fair this weekend and hopefully I can get in. Salary wise is lower than SPF but still above the average executive pay in the private sector. Anyone considering this options as well?
be prepared to be stuck at woodlands or tuas or tanah merah ferry terminal for 2yrs chopping passports.

ICA and Customs are totally diff..dun apply the wrong one
Old 17-03-2009, 02:12 PM   #194

be prepared to be stuck at woodlands or tuas or tanah merah ferry terminal for 2yrs chopping passports.

ICA and Customs are totally diff..dun apply the wrong one
I am applying for the SO position but if I apply ICA, still have to go through the ground work before going deskbound. At least ICA is recruiting 60 SO while SPF is recruiting 32. Customs no openings that I can find. I am now trying to find a way in first.

In a career fair held in 2008, I asked the recruitment officer if I can still apply for the JO position if there is no openings for SO. He told me that the officer will not take me in if I have completed my tertiary studies. So I replied, can I just apply based on my "A" level certificate. He said, providing false information is a crime and they did ask for my highest qualification in the form. He suggest that if I fail and there is no opening, just wait but JO is not a option for me liao. Siao la... I don't mind stamping passports though.
Old 17-03-2009, 04:01 PM   #195

May I direct a question to those who have just went for the interview and assessment, how many questions were there in the Psychometric test, duration and nature? Care to share?
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.