Invitation email for SA - 28 Feb 19
SA - 7 Mar 19
Invitation email for med - 28 Mar 19
Med - 4 Apr 19
Email to request for Grad cert - 3 May 19
Acceptance Email - 28 May 19
Bond signing - 11 Jun 19
Enlist - 9 Jul 19

I was already scheduled to enlist into commandos on 7th Jul .

PikachuOh

Reaction score
When u apply for diploma sponsership what was your gpa thn? Cause Im also thinking of higher nitec one but i have to gamble 1 more year of studies if my gpa cant make it i will waste a year

Yeap I originally applied for home team diploma sponsorship but got rejected. So ended up applying for DES instead.

ThatsTheSpirit

Reaction score
When u apply for diploma sponsership what was your gpa thn? Cause Im also thinking of higher nitec one but i have to gamble 1 more year of studies if my gpa cant make it i will waste a year

My GPA was below 3 when I applied during sem 3.1 of Poly. I would actually reccommend that you should just go poly one then apply the poly sponsorship instead of the higher nitec one. From what I heard during the SA interview, the interviewers were trying to convince the ITE applicants to continue to study then come back after they get their diploma...

BobbyBob

Reaction score
Sorry just wanna ask something, if have a part time diploma in SP, does spf(or hometeam in general) recognize it as a diploma?

Nattolie

Reaction score
My Timeline for DES
Applied for DES - 14 March
First interview - 22 March
Second interview - 3rd April
Medical Screening - 25 April
Acceptance Email - 29 May
Bond Signing - 4th June
Report to HTA - 11th June

They take around 2weeks for a reply, don't worry and don't be too anxious. No news means good news :s22:

etxz98

Reaction score
I went for SA earlier than u and medical but till now still no news from them

My Timeline for DES
Bond Signing - 4th June

They take around 2weeks for a reply, don't worry and don't be too anxious. No news means good news :s22:

Nattolie

Reaction score
Did bring all the required documents during the day of SA? I believe if you didn't they might take longer to process due to the missing docs

I went for SA earlier than u and medical but till now still no news from them

ThatsTheSpirit

Reaction score
yea man enlisting tekong july 2nd

Oh dang... I was supposed to go hendon on the 7th July before the confirmation. One of my regular friends told me that they usually send 2 weeks latest before your enlistment. Maybe if by then you don't receive you should give them a call to check. (But they'll most likey say that they are still processing your application. However, still notify them that you'll be going tekong on the 2nd). The common saying is "No news is good news". If they haven't send a rejection email then just keep your hopes up :)

fays26

Reaction score
My Timeline for DES
Bond Signing - 4th June

Are you male or female?

Erutan

Reaction score
My date of enlistment - 3 Oct

My timeline for DES
applied on careers.gov - 26 may
shortlisted for SA - 28 may
SA - 3 June

currently waiting for rejection/ medical check up email. do they take everything into consideration? wish me luck.

Last edited:

fays26

Reaction score

My timeline for DES
SA - 3 June

currently waiting for rejection/ medical check up email. do they take everything into consideration? wish me luck.

At this point it’s so hard to know or assume what they’re considering/looking for hahaha. Some people are fit but get rejected. Some people wait 1 month while others take up to 6. It’s a true gamble so believe in yourself nonetheless!!!

Erutan

Reaction score
At this point it’s so hard to know or assume what they’re considering/looking for hahaha. Some people are fit but get rejected. Some people wait 1 month while others take up to 6. It’s a true gamble so believe in yourself nonetheless!!!

damn.. that’s true! hahah thanks a lot for that :) really reassuring

Erutan

Reaction score

My timeline for DES
SA - 3 June

hey guys just an edit: i just received email shortlisted for 2nd interview.: may i know why and what is it about?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.