HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

police selection assessment

Like Tree85Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 15-05-2019, 12:22 PM   #5371
High Supremacy Member

With the increasing number of people getting rejected after medical, i thought of doing my medical check up first but then again we don't know what they are looking for..
Even if you do know, and go for a check up how do you

1) know what’s the “pass” criteria they are looking at
2) if you also know whether you pass or fail, you there’s nothing you can do to change the reality right?
reddevil0728 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2019, 12:31 PM   #5372

Even if you do know, and go for a check up how do you

1) know what’s the “pass” criteria they are looking at
2) if you also know whether you pass or fail, you there’s nothing you can do to change the reality right?
Yes but i feel if it my medical part, i would like to know which part i pass or fail besides health is something really important even for our own record.
Shakire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2019, 12:51 PM   #5373
High Supremacy Member

Yes but i feel if it my medical part, i would like to know which part i pass or fail besides health is something really important even for our own record.
Then base on your logic, there isn’t an urgency to do that? Because...

1) if you get selected, you know you pass and you don’t have any medical condition that precludes you from joining the force, which is a good indication that your health is good enough for a role that is quite demanding? So you don’t have to spend money?

2) during your medical, there’s no harm asking what they are testing for? So if you really didn’t get selected and you suspect is due to your health, you can go for checkup for those specific test they are doing? But even so, you may turn out to be healthy, just not healthy enough for that role
Old 15-05-2019, 05:36 PM   #5374

I cn see u really want this, but so does everyone else. Sometime it got ntg to do w healthy, school, cert. No one here know how they select the best officer to be in. They don't even know which is in for money and which is for passion. That is why the interview is necessary. This is my second attempt, i waited a year to reapply and now im 25. I bet ure younger, don't worry keep trying if it your passion. Try till u get in.

In case ure wondering how i know this, im fit asf, ive dip and ive internal recom. And i still got rejected after medical the last time. So.. No one knows how they make a choice. Some have to go through 2 interview, some just one. Ntg is fix

Last edited by Sunshineradiance; 15-05-2019 at 05:45 PM..
Sunshineradiance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2019, 05:39 PM   #5375

Just keep trying, you can do it!!!

KenjiKoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2019, 06:56 PM   #5376

With the increasing number of people getting rejected after medical, i thought of doing my medical check up first but then again we don't know what they are looking for..
Dont anyhow go for medical checkup though. If you dont have all the necessary insurances and u go checkup, u might get things excluded for your insurances when you buy next time.
nicholeswong97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2019, 11:51 PM   #5377

The concern is understandable. But really no one really knows exactly which part they failed/pass when they get rejected or accepted. This is pretty confidential so they won’t easily give information.
fays26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2019, 01:16 AM   #5378

I cn see u really want this, but so does everyone else. Sometime it got ntg to do w healthy, school, cert. No one here know how they select the best officer to be in. They don't even know which is in for money and which is for passion. That is why the interview is necessary. This is my second attempt, i waited a year to reapply and now im 25. I bet ure younger, don't worry keep trying if it your passion. Try till u get in.

In case ure wondering how i know this, im fit asf, ive dip and ive internal recom. And i still got rejected after medical the last time. So.. No one knows how they make a choice. Some have to go through 2 interview, some just one. Ntg is fix

I like how u look at things bro. Im at my 4th attempt now. And i just ord last fri. I went through medical already, they did get back to me afterwards requesting for COS and Nric. It may be good news. This is the furthest i went so far out of previous attempts. Like what u mentioned, if u have the passion, go for it and dont give up trying. Thanks all.
yanyanpro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2019, 06:37 AM   #5379

I like how u look at things bro. Im at my 4th attempt now. And i just ord last fri. I went through medical already, they did get back to me afterwards requesting for COS and Nric. It may be good news. This is the furthest i went so far out of previous attempts. Like what u mentioned, if u have the passion, go for it and dont give up trying. Thanks all.
That's nice. Hopefully you get in bro. In fact, hopefully we all get in. When was your interview if you don't mind sharing your timeline here
Old 16-05-2019, 09:17 AM   #5380

I'm holding private diploma, afraid they might prefer to take the poly student instead plus i dont have any sch leaving testimonial. My N lvl also i take from seab. But i did the best of my capability for the interview. I badly want this. Therefore the worry.

Last edited by Shakire; 16-05-2019 at 09:26 AM..
Old 16-05-2019, 10:52 AM   #5381
High Supremacy Member

I'm holding private diploma, afraid they might prefer to take the poly student instead plus i dont have any sch leaving testimonial. My N lvl also i take from seab. But i did the best of my capability for the interview. I badly want this. Therefore the worry.
There are things that are being your control. So as much as you badly want this, sometimes not setting the expectation up too high will make any set backs easier
Old 16-05-2019, 11:33 AM   #5382

There are things that are being your control. So as much as you badly want this, sometimes not setting the expectation up too high will make any set backs easier
Agree with this. This is beyond our control. So what if you've a poly dip, a gd health & all the document they require? If they don't want, they still would reject you. If you really wanna do your own health check, you can do so. Nobody stopping you but be reminded that even so, we don't know what is their standard of health passing rate. We will not know anything, just keep trying till you get in. Somehow they will see the determination you've there and maybe they. could give you a chance.
Anw, is your dip one of those stated here.
(Diploma holders of local Polytechnics, International Baccalaureate (IB), NUS High School, NAFA, LASELLE and ITE Technical Engineering, or GCE ‘A’ Level holders)
Old 16-05-2019, 11:37 AM   #5383

Agree with this. This is beyond our control. So what if you've a poly dip, a gd health & all the document they require? If they don't want, they still would reject you. If you really wanna do your own health check, you can do so. Nobody stopping you but be reminded that even so, we don't know what is their standard of health passing rate. We will not know anything, just keep trying till you get in. Somehow they will see the determination you've there and maybe they. could give you a chance.
Anw, is your dip one of those stated here.
(Diploma holders of local Polytechnics, International Baccalaureate (IB), NUS High School, NAFA, LASELLE and ITE Technical Engineering, or GCE ‘A’ Level holders)
Thanks. Yes, it's 1 of those stated above.
Old 16-05-2019, 11:56 AM   #5384

Thanks. Yes, it's 1 of those stated above.
Then it is not a private dip. Why you worry unnecessarily? This is all recognize dip in SG. Their standard is all the same as poly.
Old 16-05-2019, 12:09 PM   #5385

Hi, anyone know how long need to be wait as i have alrdy went for my medical check up on 9 april? few days back i have send my ord cert n transcript over to hr as they need. Anyone have any info on when is the next batch intake?
Dommique is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.