HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

police selection assessment

Like Tree88Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-07-2019, 02:40 PM   #5506

Oh ya btw if nitec sign on if can perform highest rank we can get is? Thanks all
KenjiKoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2019, 10:06 AM   #5507

Oh ya btw if nitec sign on if can perform highest rank we can get is? Thanks all
Technically, a good performing officer can get to see promotion up past INSP which unified rank scheme. But the officer needs to really show potential. Otherwise, it will take quite some time to reach INSP. Don't think so much about ranking. If you deserve it, it will come to you. Sometimes, you may need to hentak kaki at SI/SSI for few year before your supervisors consider to send you for leadership course to get promoted to INSP. It's all about patience and having good work ethic.
ClearlyCryptic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2019, 02:47 PM   #5508

Yup understand cause a lot people ask me continue study to get diploma better but I really wanna sign on as this is my interest and have passion for it willing to work hard think should be no problem for me just wanna know what is the highest i can go for my level of education thanks btw

Technically, a good performing officer can get to see promotion up past INSP which unified rank scheme. But the officer needs to really show potential. Otherwise, it will take quite some time to reach INSP. Don't think so much about ranking. If you deserve it, it will come to you. Sometimes, you may need to hentak kaki at SI/SSI for few year before your supervisors consider to send you for leadership course to get promoted to INSP. It's all about patience and having good work ethic.
Old 12-07-2019, 03:25 PM   #5509

Yup understand cause a lot people ask me continue study to get diploma better but I really wanna sign on as this is my interest and have passion for it willing to work hard think should be no problem for me just wanna know what is the highest i can go for my level of education thanks btw
Just curious have you went through NS yet ?
Acre45 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2019, 07:16 PM   #5510

Not yet im currently studying nitec year 2 will apply on dec after my exams will graduate next year april
Just curious have you went through NS yet ?
Old 14-07-2019, 03:29 PM   #5511

Coming personally from me who signed on with Higher Nitec cert, I honestly suggest you complete your diploma first. I don't want to frighten you but I was like you who had a strong interest in policing.

But once you step foot inside the force, its a whole different ball game. Maybe you'll enjoy your trainee life but somewhere in your 4th or 5th month of training, you'll be sent to be attached to a NPC for about 2 weeks.

That is when you get a real taste of what the front-liners face on a daily basis. It's really demanding on the mind as you deal with so many types of cases and some can pull your heartstrings. There is a lot of things happening that the public eye doesn't get to see.

I'm sure you're aware SPF does sponsor its officers for part-time diplomas but I must let you know it requires a monumental amount of hard work and sacrifice. I must also add that even if you are part-time studying, you must remember the fact that you're still working, hence, if you got a call to attend a work related matter, you got to go for it even if you have classes on that day.

Really think hard before taking the plunge. Because once you take the plunge, coming out before your 5 year bond is up is gonna burn your wallet big time.

But in any case, all the best! Hope to see you in blue one day!
Old 14-07-2019, 04:05 PM   #5512

Thanks man! Hope i get in when i apply hehe

Coming personally from me who signed on with Higher Nitec cert, I honestly suggest you complete your diploma first. I don't want to frighten you but I was like you who had a strong interest in policing.

But once you step foot inside the force, its a whole different ball game. Maybe you'll enjoy your trainee life but somewhere in your 4th or 5th month of training, you'll be sent to be attached to a NPC for about 2 weeks.

That is when you get a real taste of what the front-liners face on a daily basis. It's really demanding on the mind as you deal with so many types of cases and some can pull your heartstrings. There is a lot of things happening that the public eye doesn't get to see.

I'm sure you're aware SPF does sponsor its officers for part-time diplomas but I must let you know it requires a monumental amount of hard work and sacrifice. I must also add that even if you are part-time studying, you must remember the fact that you're still working, hence, if you got a call to attend a work related matter, you got to go for it even if you have classes on that day.

Really think hard before taking the plunge. Because once you take the plunge, coming out before your 5 year bond is up is gonna burn your wallet big time.

But in any case, all the best! Hope to see you in blue one day!
Old 14-07-2019, 07:49 PM   #5513

Hello does anyone know about the height requirement for females to join as regulars?
littlemissdomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2019, 02:46 AM   #5514

Hello does anyone know about the height requirement for females to join as regulars?
There's no height requirement as far as I am aware of as my squad has females who are around 1.5m-1.6m tall.
Old 15-07-2019, 08:55 AM   #5515

There's no height requirement as far as I am aware of as my squad has females who are around 1.5m-1.6m tall.
Yay okay thank u!!
Old 15-07-2019, 07:04 PM   #5516

Are you currently a trainee inside?

Yay okay thank u!!
Nattolie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2019, 10:08 PM   #5517

Are you currently a trainee inside?
Hi are u referring to me or ClearlyCryptic? Im currently a VSC trainee though. Haha
Old 15-07-2019, 11:25 PM   #5518

Anyone enlisting for DEI on 30 Sep? Please PM!
Marcosup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2019, 12:11 AM   #5519

Thanks man! Hope i get in when i apply hehe
My two cents is... continue studying.

Reason being is that it might take a few years before they recognise your potential. And like what cryptic say. Dont be too focused on rank and stuff. You might be disappointed hahaha
NotThomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2019, 08:47 AM   #5520

I dont rly focus on rank i just wan to do the job😂 rank if they give me i take but otherwise will work till cannot hahaha

My two cents is... continue studying.

Reason being is that it might take a few years before they recognise your potential. And like what cryptic say. Dont be too focused on rank and stuff. You might be disappointed hahaha
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.