HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

police selection assessment

Like Tree85Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-03-2009, 07:14 PM   #91

o.O ... Then chances are me kena rejected lor... Sianz...
NOTSomebody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 02:43 AM   #92

no laaa maybe they'll call u up again go for another appointment...dont be dissappointed

today i went for their checkup...was quite fast, now just left waiting for enlistment date
Dj_AsiCs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 01:49 PM   #93

o.O ... Then chances are me kena rejected lor... Sianz...
After all my experiences with SPF, don't assume until the final result is out.

Relax bro, until they tell you that it's "buang", it's not!
OmegaLeadR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 02:04 PM   #94

no laaa maybe they'll call u up again go for another appointment...dont be dissappointed

today i went for their checkup...was quite fast, now just left waiting for enlistment date

Maybe ur intake next month
Hanzai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 03:27 PM   #95

After all my experiences with SPF, don't assume until the final result is out.

Relax bro, until they tell you that it's "buang", it's not!
so does tat means even if rejected, they also will inform? haha.. ok, i c some light... haha...
NOTSomebody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 06:38 PM   #96
Arch-Supremacy Member

when? this month?
singaporesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 06:39 PM   #97
Arch-Supremacy Member

so does tat means even if rejected, they also will inform? haha.. ok, i c some light... haha...
will they inform us if we are rejected?
singaporesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 07:05 PM   #98

what is the medical check about har? same like cmpb liddat ah? I juz went for the selection assessment and interview. The interviewer told me if selected will send letter for medical check up, or will ask for another round of interview. so scary man. 1st time 3 person interviewing me...
Lawenforcer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 07:32 PM   #99

when? this month?
wad u mean? if u're asking when i went for the checkup it was ystrday.

checkup nt that much got xray, urine, blood test, blood pressure all those usual stuffs. i took about 1 hr ++. btw ah on the checkup day itself in the morning dun urine if not they ask u to urinate u cannot urine like me lol den have to drink lots of water.
Dj_AsiCs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 08:20 PM   #100
Master Member

hmm reading TS accounts, I was quite surprised that the 1st interview is the 3 person panel interview. Durnig my time, 1st interview is submission of documents, psychometric test and apitude test. 2nd and 3rd interview were the panel interviews. 2nd interview was 3X PO, 3rd interview was 5X PO. Once they get u to the medical checkup, i think about 95% u r selected. Medical test is one exam you cannot fail, unless u noe have a underlying medical condition.

Once u get in, you will have a bond signing ceremony @ HTA. I am not sure who to get because I go in halfway during Police NS so i do not need to serve a bond. After the bond signing, 6 mths stay in training. After the training, if you pass you get posted. Thats when the sai kang stuff starts.

No completion of contract bonus unlike army. But there is a 6 year bonus about S$2000 if i m not wrong. Every 5 years in the police force u will get a long service badge, the longer your service, the longer it is. What we would call a color TV.

Every year will get increment. Every march will have performance bonus, depending on your performance grade. Generally, 1st year don expect too much. D or C is good enough. Unless you angkat your TL balls you will usually get D. After the 2nd or 3rd year your PB will be slightly more. July and Dec will get bonus as well.

Btw, I am ex police officer. Its a slack place. Trust me. HAHAHAHA. Do not exactly love my time over there but I had good memories. If you want to further study and work in other fields, do not waste time. You need the passion.
Old 05-03-2009, 08:31 PM   #101

hmm reading TS accounts, I was quite surprised that the 1st interview is the 3 person panel interview. Durnig my time, 1st interview is submission of documents, psychometric test and apitude test. 2nd and 3rd interview were the panel interviews. 2nd interview was 3X PO, 3rd interview was 5X PO. Once they get u to the medical checkup, i think about 95% u r selected. Medical test is one exam you cannot fail, unless u noe have a underlying medical condition.

Once u get in, you will have a bond signing ceremony @ HTA. I am not sure who to get because I go in halfway during Police NS so i do not need to serve a bond. After the bond signing, 6 mths stay in training. After the training, if you pass you get posted. Thats when the sai kang stuff starts.

No completion of contract bonus unlike army. But there is a 6 year bonus about S$2000 if i m not wrong. Every 5 years in the police force u will get a long service badge, the longer your service, the longer it is. What we would call a color TV.

Every year will get increment. Every march will have performance bonus, depending on your performance grade. Generally, 1st year don expect too much. D or C is good enough. Unless you angkat your TL balls you will usually get D. After the 2nd or 3rd year your PB will be slightly more. July and Dec will get bonus as well.

Btw, I am ex police officer. Its a slack place. Trust me. HAHAHAHA. Do not exactly love my time over there but I had good memories. If you want to further study and work in other fields, do not waste time. You need the passion.

wow how come u got two panel interview? somemore 5 person interview u ah? wad will they ask for the 2nd interview? what I can say already say in 1st interview leh....haiz anyway mine is police selection assessment plus panel interview. either they send u letter for medical check up. or a 2nd interview. or rejected. Hopefull I can go straight to check up man. I hate interview
Old 05-03-2009, 08:49 PM   #102
Master Member

my interview was in 2005 lei how u expect me to answer what they ask in the interview? hahaha. by the time the interview finish, most prob you would not remember what they asked due to stress / nerves. I also don't know why I got a 2nd 5 person panel interview. My mates only encountered 1 panel interview. You would become the interviewer when you join police. So do not hate it. You have to love it.
Old 05-03-2009, 08:54 PM   #103

my interview was in 2005 lei how u expect me to answer what they ask in the interview? hahaha. by the time the interview finish, most prob you would not remember what they asked due to stress / nerves. I also don't know why I got a 2nd 5 person panel interview. My mates only encountered 1 panel interview. You would become the interviewer when you join police. So do not hate it. You have to love it.
interview because I think will love it. but pple interviewing it will be nervous and stress leh. is it normal? actually wad they wan to look for? I know confident is important. but when u r nervous yr confident level will drop manz.
Old 05-03-2009, 08:57 PM   #104

anione receive letter to go for medical checkup on 4th march?

my interview was on the 4th feb, receive letter today to go for medical examination..
anione gt receive?

btw dat time long sia, i was the last person to go home, wait so long wah lao make me more nervous but in the end everything was ok la
wow congratulation. I think u pass yr medical liao rite? so envy man....
Old 05-03-2009, 09:01 PM   #105
Master Member

I think they want to see how you maintain your composure under stress. If you can hide your nervousness, you should be able to maintain a facade of confidence. They also wanted different kind of answer, not the SOP kind. And I think they would try to pick out traces of your own integrity during the interview. Afterall they are police officers. Interviewing is their forte. I told them that I needed the job because nobody is supporting the family and the rest is history.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.