HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

question for sign on army

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-10-2015, 11:31 PM   #16
High Supremacy Member

ME5-8 is very very difficult lei... heck CWO is more respectable than a Major or LTC..cause it's so rare and hard. only the very best of the best.
Why is getting a certain rank means respectable?
Old 13-10-2015, 03:45 PM   #17

Nono. I'm not saying you shouldn't ask.

I'm saying you should ask yourself why are you even thinking of signing on.
The money? As of what I know is they will pay you a sum of money but will take more years ba. So there are pros and cons for signing on?
sereneamour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2015, 03:52 PM   #18

Once u enter army ur perspective will change. Now seems very garang right... ask yourself again six months after you enter want sign on anoy
But what if they said by this month or next, you will have to decide if you want to sign on or not? As of what I know, there are different sign on? So that mean there will be a later sign on date as what you have said about 6 months later?
Old 13-10-2015, 04:32 PM   #19
High Supremacy Member

Go through BMT first
Fight your way to OCS

Then see if you fit the army life
Then talk about sign on

I am sure there are plenty of avenues to discuss signing on then

If you are still keen and your performance is good, i am sure people will help you inside to realise your dream

Use the national service period to gauge if you really like it or not
HKS_Hippo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2015, 05:18 PM   #20
High Supremacy Member

The money? As of what I know is they will pay you a sum of money but will take more years ba. So there are pros and cons for signing on?
If you want to sign on solely for the money then you will be damn miserable if you don't like what you are doing.
But what if they said by this month or next, you will have to decide if you want to sign on or not? As of what I know, there are different sign on? So that mean there will be a later sign on date as what you have said about 6 months later?
I believe you can sign on at anytime, it is just the sign on bonus n the back pay of regular pay will be different.
reddevil0728 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2015, 08:59 AM   #21

Go through BMT first
Fight your way to OCS

Then see if you fit the army life
Then talk about sign on

I am sure there are plenty of avenues to discuss signing on then

If you are still keen and your performance is good, i am sure people will help you inside to realise your dream

Use the national service period to gauge if you really like it or not
Okay I understand now. Thank you for explaining.
Old 14-10-2015, 09:00 AM   #22

If you want to sign on solely for the money then you will be damn miserable if you don't like what you are doing.

I believe you can sign on at anytime, it is just the sign on bonus n the back pay of regular pay will be different.
Thank you for explaining.
Old 10-02-2019, 11:01 PM   #23

IPPT for women

I would be signing on with the army after I finish my last semester in uni (23F) and I have been scheduled for my IPPT. And I have some questions about the test:

1) What was your experience like when you were taking the IPPT? (Preferably answered from a femaleís POV)

2) Do I have to get a minimum silver if Iím signing on as a regular? Or is a pass sufficient? (Iím not 100% sure about this but I have been training hard for a silver. Just wanted to know in case something happens on the test day and my performance suffers)

3) What is the minimum passing score for push-ups or sit-ups? Is 1 point considered a pass? (My sit-ups are really bad and Iím afraid itís the station that is going to drag me down. Plus I know that they are super strict on posture)

4) Are females only required to do the bent-knee push-ups?

5) What happens if I fail? Am I allowed to retake?

I really hope someone can answer my questions. I have been losing sleep over my upcoming test!
PurpleWeirdNinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2019, 11:37 PM   #24
High Supremacy Member

I would be signing on with the army after I finish my last semester in uni (23F) and I have been scheduled for my IPPT. And I have some questions about the test:

1) What was your experience like when you were taking the IPPT? (Preferably answered from a femaleís POV)

2) Do I have to get a minimum silver if Iím signing on as a regular? Or is a pass sufficient? (Iím not 100% sure about this but I have been training hard for a silver. Just wanted to know in case something happens on the test day and my performance suffers)

3) What is the minimum passing score for push-ups or sit-ups? Is 1 point considered a pass? (My sit-ups are really bad and Iím afraid itís the station that is going to drag me down. Plus I know that they are super strict on posture)

I really hope someone can answer my questions. I have been losing sleep over my upcoming test!
You never ask the careers centre?
reddevil0728 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2019, 04:41 PM   #25
Supremacy Member

2) the results impacts ur bonus and performance rating every year. if you are bouncing between silver and pass, not a good place to be at all.

5) can retake for the workyear but you will be under a lot of attention. failure is grounds for dismissal. if you are asking before you sign, they might give u some time to clear it while you are in service. but honestly, if you can't clear during the initial phases while you are in training, not much hopes for you.
chehjin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2019, 04:43 PM   #26

All the best to you if you’re gonna sign on.
casioz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2019, 07:16 PM   #27

Hi, I am taking the IPPT soon too. They say can retake if fail or something.
haha123haha is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.