Requirements to sign on SPF through Direct-Entry Inspector

GhostlyRae

Reaction score
I am graduating and receiving my diploma soon in the next couple of months and have been seriously considering the option of signing on for very long. However, I'd wish to enroll into a private university to obtain a degree in Psychology first before attempting to join the Force.

My concern would be that will my degree from the Private U be accepted for me to sign-on through Direct-Entry Inspector since the degree given would be from a foreign university? (Kaplan - Murdoch University)

Also, What are the physical requirements one must meet to have a chance to pass? I am a Female and needs to wear spectacles in order to see clearly. I am willing to undergo surgery such as Lasik to improve on my vision but my concern is that I know SAF does not accept recruits who went through eye surgery so I'm unsure if SPF has the same rules.

I am really keen on joining the SPF and would appreciate it if anyone is willing to provide me with information about this career.

reddevil0728

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I am graduating and receiving my diploma soon in the next couple of months and have been seriously considering the option of signing on for very long. However, I'd wish to enroll into a private university to obtain a degree in Psychology first before attempting to join the Force.

My concern would be that will my degree from the Private U be accepted for me to sign-on through Direct-Entry Inspector since the degree given would be from a foreign university? (Kaplan - Murdoch University)

Also, What are the physical requirements one must meet to have a chance to pass? I am a Female and needs to wear spectacles in order to see clearly. I am willing to undergo surgery such as Lasik to improve on my vision but my concern is that I know SAF does not accept recruits who went through eye surgery so I'm unsure if SPF has the same rules.

I am really keen on joining the SPF and would appreciate it if anyone is willing to provide me with information about this career.

If they don’t accept they degree you are planning to pursue, your wouldn’t join SPF?

Wearing glassses or not wearing glasses is not a physical requirement but a medical one. So are you taking about physical or medical?

GhostlyRae

Reaction score
If they don’t accept they degree you are planning to pursue, your wouldn’t join SPF?

Wearing glassses or not wearing glasses is not a physical requirement but a medical one. So are you taking about physical or medical?

I would definitely still be trying to sign on regardless. Just that I am contemplating between Kaplan and SIM which are two very different private universities in many factors.

I'm curious on both physical and medical requirements.

reddevil0728

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I would definitely still be trying to sign on regardless. Just that I am contemplating between Kaplan and SIM which are two very different private universities in many factors.

I'm curious on both physical and medical requirements.

Have you done any research before asking?

Did you check with SPF Career?

Did you go to their website?

GhostlyRae

Reaction score
Have you done any research before asking?

Did you check with SPF Career?

Did you go to their website?

I've done some research available online and read up on the information on the SPF website. It states on their website : "Degrees accredited by the government of the home country where the university originates will be considered for employment into the Public Service." This statement is rather confusing so that's why I'm pretty unsure.

For requirements, the link to view on physicals ( on their FB page) was basically not working. The page will automatically load back to the official website homepage. Other sources merely stated Normal colour vision but there's nothing on myopia and astigmatism.

reddevil0728

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I've done some research available online and read up on the information on the SPF website. It states on their website : "Degrees accredited by the government of the home country where the university originates will be considered for employment into the Public Service." This statement is rather confusing so that's why I'm pretty unsure.

For requirements, the link to view on physicals ( on their FB page) was basically not working. The page will automatically load back to the official website homepage. Other sources merely stated Normal colour vision but there's nothing on myopia and astigmatism.

So who will be best to advise? People here or the employer themselves?

reddevil0728

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Well definitely the Employer and Employees who are working within the force. But it's always nice to have second opinions and receive any advises available

I’m not too sure whether hiring managers are allowed to reveal hiring policies on a public platform like a forum especially given that we are talking about SPF.

For employees, their experience might differ, hence your mileage may vary.

I don’t think opinions matter in this case because 1) the opinion of anybody here who’s not going to hire you has no material difference and 2) even if there’s a hiring manager, or even more specific YOUR hiring manager, not sure if he will be that unwise to actually reveal hiring policy on a public platform.

As for advises on where you can get actually get information that’s more actionable, you have been pointed to contact SPF careers directly.

Barryallen123

Reaction score

I think degrees that are related the work of field would be ideal. Local degree from schools such as nus, ntu,smu, sit and sutd would suffice

GhostlyRae

Reaction score
I’m not too sure whether hiring managers are allowed to reveal hiring policies on a public platform like a forum especially given that we are talking about SPF.

I don’t think opinions matter in this case because 1) the opinion of anybody here who’s not going to hire you has no material difference and 2) even if there’s a hiring manager, or even more specific YOUR hiring manager, not sure if he will be that unwise to actually reveal hiring policy on a public platform.

As for advises on where you can get actually get information that’s more actionable, you have been pointed to contact SPF careers directly.

I've sent an enquiry through the e-service already so I'm waiting for their reply for now.

GhostlyRae

Reaction score
I think degrees that are related the work of field would be ideal. Local degree from schools such as nus, ntu,smu, sit and sutd would suffice

My GPA isn't high enough to get into government funded universities so private academies are my option :/

a1v1n_

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Google home team career center. Go down and speak to them.

Sent from ME using GAGT

GhostlyRae

Reaction score
Google home team career center. Go down and speak to them.

Sent from ME using GAGT

Just completed my final year project for poly.. Maybe I'll head down tomorrow or sometime next week to check since I'll have more time on hand now. I'm hoping they will accept degrees from Kaplan since they are accredited by the home country.

Looked into SIM-GE a few days ago - I can only apply for August intake since I'll only be getting my diploma in May which is after the May intake application closing date. And my mother commented that the tuition fee is rather high...

AnfieldRoad

Reaction score

Listen dude, if someone wants to contact SPF directly she would have done it already. There’s a reason for this forum, to get insights, get useful info for those who are already in the force and may want to help. Your sarcasm is not appreciated here, and also none of your replies are of any use. Which means if you dont have something to say, best not to say anything.

To answer the query of this thread, I do not know specifically which universities the org accepts, however i do know of many friends of mine in the force who graduated from SIM.:)

reddevil0728

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Listen dude, if someone wants to contact SPF directly she would have done it already. There’s a reason for this forum, to get insights, get useful info for those who are already in the force and may want to help. Your sarcasm is not appreciated here, and also none of your replies are of any use. Which means if you dont have something to say, best not to say anything.

To answer the query of this thread, I do not know specifically which universities the org accepts, however i do know of many friends of mine in the force who graduated from SIM.:)

Firstly, you a a clone?

"Listen dude, if someone wants to contact SPF directly she would have done it already."

tbh, I am not too sure about this. I have seen enough that people didn't realise that SPF is the employer, not anyone of us here.

Yes, there is a reason for this forum, but I guess my reason for why this forum exist differs from you. There is a difference between asking people to share their experiences (which even if it is the same circumstances, doesn't necessary will mean the same for one, hence "your mileage may vary") and expecting an answer to an eligibility question which should be best answered by the employer, not someone with "past" experience of being hired.

Well sarcasm or not, I guess really depends on the person, why the person feel it is sarcastic, probably because the person didn't get enlightened. Useful or not also depends on whether you realised a lot of the questions asked, can be addressed by people here or the employer, hence I am directly TS to the right channel, better than the TS getting wrong information. So if get wrong information is what you so called "useful" then I got nothing to say.

Also ain't your reply also "don't have something to say, best not to say anything" given that you also dunno, but you are just sharing your experience, which is exactly what I am doing? I am sharing my experience of how to obtain the information I am seeking.

Parmesean

Reaction score
Degrees accredited by the government of the home country where the university originates will be considered for employment into the Public Service.

I believe that any university under the SIM GE program would be an accredited university, right?

I've had friends from SIM GE, under UOL, & UOW, who have applied, and are currently Inspectors in the force.

AnfieldRoad

Reaction score
So who will be best to advise? People here or the employer themselves?

You see, this kinda remarks at least for me shows the level of arrogance in you.. totally unnecessary, totally rhetorical. Empty vessel makes the most noise eh?

Nah I’m not a clone, I’m just a normal person with an opinion that, dont matter to you anyway.. haha just here to standing up to those who are afraid to speak up.

Oh well, you do you.. have fun being an ass!

P.s: I did give insight on my previous post, regarding private U, so at least there’s a real life evidence/experience that may help this thread.:)

reddevil0728

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
You see, this kinda remarks at least for me shows the level of arrogance in you.. totally unnecessary, totally rhetorical. Empty vessel makes the most noise eh?

Nah I’m not a clone, I’m just a normal person with an opinion that, dont matter to you anyway.. haha just here to standing up to those who are afraid to speak up.

Oh well, you do you.. have fun being an ass!

P.s: I did give insight on my previous post, regarding private U, so at least there’s a real life evidence/experience that may help this thread.:)
firstly, corrections, those are not remarks, those are questions.

If asking questions that TS might have not thought of, that can actually point the way when answered is consider arrogant, then I rather be arrogant than be spoonfeeding. It's my choice that I don't wish to spoonfeed people, I mean that's me and that's you right? If that's empty vessel, then i rather be an empty vessel who doesn't spoonfeed, but rather point someone in the direction of "enlightenment".

Then you think about it, shouldn't you stand up and say people should not be expected to be spoonfed?

I think you probably have more fun being spoonfed than me being anywhere close to being an ass.

Well that's your opinion of your post, and you are entitled to your own opinion.

AnfieldRoad

Reaction score
firstly, corrections, those are not remarks, those are questions.

If asking questions that TS might have not thought of, that can actually point the way when answered is consider arrogant, then I rather be arrogant than be spoonfeeding. It's my choice that I don't wish to spoonfeed people, I mean that's me and that's you right? If that's empty vessel, then i rather be an empty vessel who doesn't spoonfeed, but rather point someone in the direction of "enlightenment".

Then you think about it, shouldn't you stand up and say people should not be expected to be spoonfed?

I think you probably have more fun being spoonfed than me being anywhere close to being an ass.

Well that's your opinion of your post, and you are entitled to your own opinion.

Haha firstly let me get this straight. if someone asks a question and gets an answer, you considered it as “spoonfed”. That is the most dumbest thing I’ve heard lol!

Wow this forum should really shut down, shouldn’t it? That way, people wont ask questions, they cant find answers, and anything they wish to seek should be within the capabilities of his mind.

i really envy you. You must have been gifted with some sort of high-iq, a born genius that dont question anything because all your answers are already in your head!

Man, I’m done with your nonsense haha, i hope for the best for you and your life. One advice i can give u bro, world doesnt revolve around you; always share knowledge, help others like how you want others to help you when in dire need, and dont be selfish. Good luck!

reddevil0728

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Haha firstly let me get this straight. if someone asks a question and gets an answer, you considered it as “spoonfed”. That is the most dumbest thing I’ve heard lol!

Wow this forum should really shut down, shouldn’t it? That way, people wont ask questions, they cant find answers, and anything they wish to seek should be within the capabilities of his mind.

i really envy you. You must have been gifted with some sort of high-iq, a born genius that dont question anything because all your answers are already in your head!

Man, I’m done with your nonsense haha, i hope for the best for you and your life. One advice i can give u bro, world doesnt revolve around you; always share knowledge, help others like how you want others to help you when in dire need, and dont be selfish. Good luck!
You mean you have not been getting any straight at all but only getting things straight for the first time now hence the need to state it? I think you might have mistaken. Getting and answer to a question is not always spoonfeeding, it depends on what answer the person is getting. Is the person getting an answer to something he/she can find himself/herself? or is the person getting the direction to find the answer he/she can find himself/herself? If it is the latter, then it is not really spoonfeeding? but just need some assistance in finding the way that he/she might not have realised they could have found it themselves? If this is the dumbest thing you have heard, then I guess it's more like you have never heard any smart things before? so I can't help you with that.

As described, nope, this forum can serve as a platform for people to seek direction on how they can get THE "answer". This forum can also serve as a platform for people to share experience. This forum can also serve as a platform for people to have discussion/debate about stuff. So if you only think that this forum can only serve as a platform for people to get "answer", then I guess you idea of stuff might have been very limited hence all your opinions.

You can envy me all you want. You can assume all you want, but it doesn't change anything tbh. Two separate issues.

Well I guess you have the right to be done with your so called opinion of what a nonsense maybe, but i mean that's just you. I think you hope of best for the rest of people life, might be better kept for yourself than for others given that you have so many opinion of stuff. Thanks for the statement, not really an advice, cause I think you are just reiterating what I have been trying to say, the world doesn't revolve around one, hence don't always expect to be spoonfed? Yes always share knowledge. sharing knowledge of how to get info, is also sharing knowledge, you mean you can dispute that? yes, help others like how you want others to help you when in dire need (do unto others as you would have them do unto you), hence i chose the path of helping people with the direction rather than with the spoon, cause I don't wish to be spoonfed, ain't that exactly practising what i preached? so I don't see why that is being selfish.

I think you can keep the luck to yourself, cause you probably need it more cause you failed to see the apparent holes in your almighty arguments.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.