HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

RSAF Pilot with D/L Degree

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-08-2018, 07:56 PM   #1

RSAF Pilot with D/L Degree

Hello everyone,

Is there any chance at all for an SIM D/L Degree graduate to become an air force pilot? I was from Millennia Institute(MI) but dropped out cos i failed to meet the promotion criteria(BARELY). If i stayed on, I would have had to do an A level course in 4 years, meaning double the period of of JCs. So i dropped out and went to SIM to do a diploma and I will most probably do a degree there as well from one of its uni partners, since its an easier degree path and I will even get exemptions.

It has always been my dream to become an air force pilot. However, now that i would probably graduate from a private degree, do i still have any chance at all to become an air force pilot. The RSAF website states that degrees are accepted, but does that include D/L degrees?

Thanks in advance

ps(D/L - Distance Learning)
jarsingh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2018, 08:04 PM   #2
High Supremacy Member

Hello everyone,

Is there any chance at all for an SIM D/L Degree graduate to become an air force pilot? I was from Millennia Institute(MI) but dropped out cos i failed to meet the promotion criteria(BARELY). If i stayed on, I would have had to do an A level course in 4 years, meaning double the period of of JCs. So i dropped out and went to SIM to do a diploma and I will most probably do a degree there as well from one of its uni partners, since its an easier degree path and I will even get exemptions.

It has always been my dream to become an air force pilot. However, now that i would probably graduate from a private degree, do i still have any chance at all to become an air force pilot. The RSAF website states that degrees are accepted, but does that include D/L degrees?

Thanks in advance

ps(D/L - Distance Learning)
If someone here who is not the hirer, i.e. RSAF, said no, you will not apply?
reddevil0728 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2018, 08:10 PM   #3

If someone here who is not the hirer, i.e. RSAF, said no, you will not apply?
I still would regardless. I'm asking because I am confused now. I thought id share this here hoping someone would be able to clear my doubts. You never know someone here may be an air force pilot who went in with a D/L degree and could answer this qn.
jarsingh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2018, 08:21 PM   #4
High Supremacy Member

I still would regardless. I'm asking because I am confused now. I thought id share this here hoping someone would be able to clear my doubts. You never know someone here may be an air force pilot who went in with a D/L degree and could answer this qn.
so if thatís the case, why does it matter since you will apply anyway?

Whatís actually worse is, if someone here wrongly say no, and you end up not applying.
reddevil0728 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2018, 08:35 PM   #5
Arch-Supremacy Member

Minimally A levels ...... or Diploma from recognized institution(SP,NP,RP,TP)

your degree is not considered if u don't have any of the above. hope that helps.
Greysky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 06:09 PM   #6
High Supremacy Member

Civil service only recognises o & a levels and diploma from the 5 local poly. Private school poly they dont consider & will base on last highest recognised eg o levels.

For degree only full time on campus degrees. Distance learning comfirm out. If part time NUS/NTU/SMU im not sure. SUSS, UniSIM & those private uni, even if full time also no. Again they will base on last highest recognised.
derrickgoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.