HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

SAF IPPT, IPT & RT Questions...

Like Tree682Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-05-2014, 01:29 PM   #2071
Master Member

haven't been for RT for a while..

what's it like now? still the same? take random color tag and just run/pull up/sit up for 2hours?

going for my RT at Khatib after 2yrs..
Old 11-05-2014, 11:08 PM   #2072

1) If I am born on Nov 1984, will I be in Cat X or Cat Y for this year?
2) On Aug 30 2014, my window for IPPT will close. I have applied for exit permit to leave Singapore for 1 year for work. So do I need to take the IPPT before I go? After I come back on Aug 1 2015, will it be another 9 months or 1 month?
therealsamhui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2014, 12:09 AM   #2073
Supremacy Member

2) On Aug 30 2014, my window for IPPT will close. I have applied for exit permit to leave Singapore for 1 year for work. So do I need to take the IPPT before I go? After I come back on Aug 1 2015, will it be another 9 months or 1 month?

2) yes, u should, you had the whole of 9 months to take ippt, RT wise, i dunno but when u come back, follow birthday cycle again la.
chehjin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2014, 12:13 AM   #2074
Banned

Cat Y la...in fact next year you will be cat Y1 liao.
AceyourMaths is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2014, 05:59 PM   #2075

IPT banding

Hi, I am applying for IPT this year.

According to the Mindef website, "The PPT standard for the NSmen in a typical birthday window will be derived from the first IPPT test result conducted during the 1st session of the IPT. Test results from the 1st session will be compared with the previous year, and the results with the higher IPPT standard will be used"

The thing is, last year I got a silver for IPPT. Over the year, I put on alot of weight and I dont think I am able to pass my IPPT (2.4km) this year, hence the application for IPT.

So my question is, what will my band be? Will it be the highest band (Band 4) since I got IPPT silver last year. Or will they calculate my banding based on the IPPT taken on the 1st session of IPT.
oookkii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2014, 06:04 PM   #2076
Great Supremacy Member

Put on a lot of weight? Are u overweight or obese now? If not, u will still be put on normal IPT not weight loss group.
vasilli07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2014, 11:33 PM   #2077

Put on a lot of weight? Are u overweight or obese now? If not, u will still be put on normal IPT not weight loss group.
Not overweight. Just dont think I can pass my 2.4km run now and thats why I am signing up for IPT.

So I am wondering if my banding would be the based on the first IPT IPPT session, or would it be based on last years results (which would definitely be better as I got a silver). Because on the mindef website, it states that "Test results from the 1st session will be compared with the previous year, and the results with the higher IPPT standard will be used".

If thats the case, my banding would be based on my silver results last year, which mean I would be banded as PPT 4?
oookkii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2014, 12:15 AM   #2078
Great Supremacy Member

Not overweight. Just dont think I can pass my 2.4km run now and thats why I am signing up for IPT.

So I am wondering if my banding would be the based on the first IPT IPPT session, or would it be based on last years results (which would definitely be better as I got a silver). Because on the mindef website, it states that "Test results from the 1st session will be compared with the previous year, and the results with the higher IPPT standard will be used".

If thats the case, my banding would be based on my silver results last year, which mean I would be banded as PPT 4?
Yes, then most likely compared to previous year result. U can just go for the test 1st and see what band u get, then consider if u want to continue going or train yourself or wait for RT.
Old 13-05-2014, 01:13 AM   #2079
Supremacy Member

just go for a IPT-IPPT then see how... but mostly probably is PPT4.

if you got the time to go for 20 RT sessions in 3 months then just wait for your RT period.

if not then just continue your IPT program and complete another 9 more IPT sessions, so that you only need to do 8 RT sessions.
Old 14-05-2014, 09:38 PM   #2080

Just FYI...

IPPT after you complete the 4 static stations = you have attempted IPPT. Whether to run 2.4 or not is up to you.

ICT-IPPT and IPT-IPPT still have to run no matter what.
Old 15-05-2014, 10:14 AM   #2081

hi, just to check and confirm: i will be taking my IPPT on 17/5/2014. Most likely to fail cause might not be able to clear pullups.

Means i would have to go for 20 RT right? During/after which session can i attempt IPPT again if i wish to clear RT earlier?

edit: i was reading through earlier and one of the replies mentioned that if i were to unable to pass my IPPT before my deadline which is 19/5/2014, i will have to clear 3 RT sessions before i can attempt IPPT again? (not 8RT sessison as mentioned above)

Last edited by qnsmark; 15-05-2014 at 10:55 AM..
qnsmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2014, 11:16 AM   #2082
Great Supremacy Member

hi, just to check and confirm: i will be taking my IPPT on 17/5/2014. Most likely to fail cause might not be able to clear pullups.

Means i would have to go for 20 RT right? During/after which session can i attempt IPPT again if i wish to clear RT earlier?

edit: i was reading through earlier and one of the replies mentioned that if i were to unable to pass my IPPT before my deadline which is 19/5/2014, i will have to clear 3 RT sessions before i can attempt IPPT again? (not 8RT sessison as mentioned above)
Yes, u can attempt IPPT earlier during your RT period.
Old 15-05-2014, 12:05 PM   #2083

Yes, u can attempt IPPT earlier during your RT period.
hey bro thanks for your info. dont mind me asking a few more questions yea!

when is the earliest that i can attempt IPPT again during RT?

My friend mentioned that it is possible to retake just the static station that you failed and do not have to attend RT. Is this true?so for eg if i fail pullups what is the timeframe that i am given to pass pull ups again?

thank you so much bro
qnsmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2014, 01:42 AM   #2084
Supremacy Member

hey bro thanks for your info. dont mind me asking a few more questions yea!

when is the earliest that i can attempt IPPT again during RT?

My friend mentioned that it is possible to retake just the static station that you failed and do not have to attend RT. Is this true?so for eg if i fail pullups what is the timeframe that i am given to pass pull ups again?

thank you so much bro

Partial Failures

NSmen who achieve the required total number of points, but fail only one static station are considered Partial Failures. They will be allowed to make multiple attempts to pass the particular static station within 3 months of their IPPT window after the original test date. Should they fail to pass the particular static station within 3 months duration, they will have to retake the complete ippt. NSmen attempting single-station retest will not be eligible for monetary awards unless they retake the complete test in one sitting.
chehjin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2014, 11:50 PM   #2085
Master Member

hi bros I just ord-ed last year and due to do my IPPT soon, have a few questions to ask cause I'm abit clueless...

1) can book in to khatib camp in PT kit straight?
2) are there lockers/bathing facilities there?
3) khatib camp is tracks or is there a running route around the camp?
4) in an event of rain do I still report?

thanks in advance bros!
Driscar is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.