SAF IPPT, IPT & RT Questions...

yihao93

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Your friends got called up for HK or LK?

If never call up, won't that even be better, no disruption on your activities.

For HK, call up min 6 mths notice. LK is min 3 mths notice. Anything lesser then that, you can always object to going back for reservist by deferring.

Don't really keep in contact with platoon mates
Recently saw one of them he say most of them got letter in June , slated for Dec, meaning HK cause 6months (1 week duration reservice)(LK one )

With regards to doing reservice with friends no particular yearning to doing it with them.

Just want confirm as long as my call up got nothing won't kana any sh1t can oredi, in meantime, I otot

Last edited:

yihao93

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
is your friend in the same NSmen unit as you?

if not same unit then it is normal. different unit do things differently. some units takes a few years before the 1st re-service.

and since SAF is coordinating the SEA games next year, i suspect the re-service might be for SEA games saikang party.

I go back sane place so I suspect most of then also go back sane place as me (battalion)
Lol saikang should be LK right ? No contributions towards MR one if I recall....(read some thread only need 7HK) and 10cycles

Last edited:

j_t_fusion

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
high-key low-key is determined by how long the re-service period will last, not by the things you do during re-service.

yihao93

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
high-key low-key is determined by how long the re-service period will last, not by the things you do during re-service.

Oh yeah I did some googling and came to same conclusion, LK not really necessary to MR so its good for me lol
Impt is HK I muz do
Their is 5work day, so should be LK

Calander

Reaction score
Was trying to book IPT and found out that there are 2 sessions in the evening now.

1800-1930 hrs & 1900-2030 hrs.

Were there any announcement made about this additional session?

Juan_Mata

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
U guys prefer rt or ipt to be conducted by the old PTIs or the current instructor

I quite lucky that most of my rts by PTIs were quite slack, ie ran one big rd of camp then chit chat at basketball court till out pro

50kilograms

Reaction score
Is it true that once i complete 10 IPT Session, means i cleared EVERYTHING?

Because last time after 10 IPT sessions need go 8 RT Session.

I hear my friend say only need go 10 IPT session and every thing is settled???

Also do i have 1 year to do my IPT?

AceyourMaths

Banned
Reaction score
Is it true that once i complete 10 IPT Session, means i cleared EVERYTHING?

Because last time after 10 IPT sessions need go 8 RT Session.

I hear my friend say only need go 10 IPT session and every thing is settled???

Also do i have 1 year to do my IPT?

yes 10 IPT only. 1 year to finish.

For limited time only, think next year they will introduce the ppt band again and need to attend 10 IPT + 8 RT.

50kilograms

Reaction score
yes 10 IPT only. 1 year to finish.

For limited time only, think next year they will introduce the ppt band again and need to attend 10 IPT + 8 RT.

Wa sian!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I thought permanent clear 10 settled.

SIGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

Are you pti or cisco trainer. how u know the ppt band coming back

anyway thanks for the info!!!!!!!!!

darklighter

Reaction score
Read Enhancements to NS IPPT Management & Training System - NS News - ns.sg you won't have questions anymore

NSmen who complete the requisite 10 sessions of IPT within the IPPT window but fail to meet PPTs will no longer be subject to 8 sessions of RT.

NSmen who volunteer for IPT will be considered to have met their IPPT requirement for the year if they (1) meet their Personal Performance Targets (PPT) at any point in the programme; or (2) complete 10 sessions of IPT within their birthday window.

NSmen who volunteer for IPT will be considered to have met their annual IPT requirements if they (1) pass IPPT; (2) meet their Personal Performance Targets anytime during their IPT programme; or (3) complete 10 sessions of IPT during their 12-month IPPT/IPT window (with effect from 1 Sep). They will no longer be liable for 8-sessions of RT if they do not meet their Personal Performance Targets by the 10th session. This is to recognise that servicemen have put in their best efforts to train and meet their fitness targets in volunteering for and completing the 10-session programme.

3 times. Clear enough? :D

ChristianOutcast

Reaction score
Now using the new ippt or the old ippt ah? you pass ippt does it mean u dunnid to do IPT? what is IPT actually? paiseh just ORD-ed

Last edited:

tofuguy

Master Member
Reaction score
Now using the new ippt or the old ippt ah? you pass ippt does it mean u dunnid to do IPT? what is IPT actually? paiseh just ORD-ed

IPT = IPPT Preparatory Training

It is to help train you to pass your IPPT.

If you can pass your IPPT, no need sign up for IPT.

Now using Old IPPT.

j_t_fusion

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Read Enhancements to NS IPPT Management & Training System - NS News - ns.sg you won't have questions anymore

3 times. Clear enough? :D

What are the changes to IPPT Preparatory Training?

The IPT programme will continue to be available to NSmen who need help with IPPT training. Participants will be able to exit the programme upon meeting their PPTs. To better recognise the efforts put in by NSmen to train for IPPT, with effect from 1 Sep 14, service pay for IPT programme will be accorded to NSmen whose birthday windows start from 1 Sep 14. NSmen who complete the requisite 10 sessions of IPT within the IPPT window but fail to meet PPTs will no longer be subject to 8 sessions of RT. To motivate NSmen to participate in as many IPT sessions as they can, NSmen who default on IPT will be subjected to 20 – D sessions of RT in the next window, where D is equal to the number of IPT sessions that the NSman participated in, in the preceding 12-month birthday window.

i think this paragraph more important and kind of summaries everything. ;)

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.