HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

SAF IPPT, IPT & RT Questions...

Like Tree682Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27-07-2014, 03:02 PM   #2461
Master Member

So that means if i fail my IPT-IPPT on 23/08/2014, my RT will start on 09/10/2014 and it will be extend to 12 months since it is after 1st sept and i only have to attend 8 sessions instead of 20 sessions? Wont they make it 20 sessions since the time is extended to 12 months now??
actually i've just reread the faq, its seems there're indeed some changes to IPT as well.
With effect from 1 Sep 2014, NSmen will be given 12 months to attempt and pass their IPPT. Alternatively, NSmen that require help can volunteer for a 10-session IPPT Preparatory Training (IPT). NSmen who pass their IPPT or complete IPT will proceed to either IPPT or IPT in their next 12-month birthday window. NSmen who fail or default IPPT or IPT will be subject to Remedial Training (RT). They will be required to complete their RT programme within their subsequent 12-month birthday windows. NSmen who volunteer for IPT will be considered to have met their IPPT requirement for the year if they (1) meet their Personal Performance Targets (PPT) at any point in the programme; or (2) complete 10 sessions of IPT within their birthday window. NSmen on IPT are advised to attend training at least once a week continuously for 10 sessions to obtain the benefits of the training regime.
So no need for 10+8 anymore in the future, just 10 IPTs. But for the current birthday window prior to the effective date, 10+8 still applies except that instead of 3 months, you'll have 3+12 months to finish up the 8 RT requirements.
Old 27-07-2014, 03:37 PM   #2462

actually i've just reread the faq, its seems there're indeed some changes to IPT as well.

So no need for 10+8 anymore in the future, just 10 IPTs. But for the current birthday window prior to the effective date, 10+8 still applies except that instead of 3 months, you'll have 3+12 months to finish up the 8 RT requirements.
Thanks Devilsire. By the way, i just did a self-help as below :

You have chosen the following.
Your birthday is on 10 Jan.
You have Completed IPT with PPT not met from 10 Jan 2014 to 9 Jan 2015.
Your status as of 1 Sep 2014 :-

Your next birthday window will start on 10 Jan 2015.
If you have passed your IPPT/met your PPTs in your IPT/completed 10 sessions of IPT in your current birthday window, your previous default counts will be reset to zero.

In your next birthday window starting from 10 Jan 2015, you will receive a higher quantum of monetary incentive if you attain Pass with Incentive, Silver or Gold standards for your IPPT.

For more information on the changes to the enhanced NS IPPT Management System, you may visit: NS Portal

Note: Birthday window is defined as the 12-month period from the day of your birthday and ends on the day before your next birthday, both days inclusive.
Transition window is defined as the period from the day of implementation of the enhanced NS IPPT Management System (i.e. 1 Sep 2014) and ends on the day before your next birthday, both days inclusive.

Based on the above, if i take my IPT-IPPT on 23/8/2014 and fail, i am still subjected to 8 RT sessions right but have it extended to 3+12 months. So that means for the next 15 months i just have to go for 8 RT sessions and don't have to care for my next window in 2015? What is i book my IPT-IPPT AFTER 1st of Sept 2014 and fail the test, am i considered under the new system and so i will be considered clearing my 2014 window since its mentioned that once 10 session met, is clear??
junny1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2014, 04:19 PM   #2463
Banned

Still need to take 8 more rt in the next 15 months
AceyourMaths is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2014, 04:35 PM   #2464
High Supremacy Member

haro buddies
i am veri confused about the dates leow so can i get some help

ok my birthday 1 november
so for this window I already finished IPT 10 sessions and failed in April 2014

so now do I need to do 8 sessions RT from August - October 2014

or am I settled for the year?
Old 27-07-2014, 04:37 PM   #2465

Still need to take 8 more rt in the next 15 months
8 more RT in the next 15 months that's all? no need to take IPPT again for next year window? consider clear?
Old 27-07-2014, 05:30 PM   #2466
PC
Supremacy Member

8 more RT in the next 15 months that's all? no need to take IPPT again for next year window? consider clear?
from how i interpret, yes. so this and next year we 'earn' by skipping 1x cycle. website says my next IPPT window open Sep 2015.
PC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2014, 06:22 PM   #2467
Banned

No need. Now is 2 years one ippt cycle to clear
AceyourMaths is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2014, 06:28 PM   #2468
Supremacy Member

hmm... just logon to ns.sg and try to book my ippt but it still says 9 months window...
Old 27-07-2014, 06:29 PM   #2469

No need. Now is 2 years one ippt cycle to clear
Ok so that means if i go for RT after 1st sept, its only 8 sessions and no IPPT for 1 year? Can i retain my IPT-IPPT on 23/8/2014 or change it to after 1st sept for this to happen?? Also i understand that actual IPPT window is extended to 12 months. In this case if one fails what is the basis of RT?
Old 27-07-2014, 08:46 PM   #2470
Master Member

For those confused, the new system is a 1 whole year IPPT/IPT window and RT is to be completed in the subsequent following year (outstanding basis).

i.e to say, birthdate after 1 Sep 2014 (2014/15 window), your RT to be fulfilled in 2015/16 if you didnt go for the 10 IPTs.

So as to speak, for those who've completed 10 IPTs prior to 1 Sep 2014, your RT window is extended to 3+12 months (lapsing over the new window). Do take note u still have to at least attempt an IPPT during the later 12 months as it'll be for the new window, & any RTs obligations will be in the 12 mths after the 3+12 months.
Old 27-07-2014, 10:17 PM   #2471

For those confused, the new system is a 1 whole year IPPT/IPT window and RT is to be completed in the subsequent following year (outstanding basis).

i.e to say, birthdate after 1 Sep 2014 (2014/15 window), your RT to be fulfilled in 2015/16 if you didnt go for the 10 IPTs.

So as to speak, for those who've completed 10 IPTs prior to 1 Sep 2014, your RT window is extended to 3+12 months (lapsing over the new window). Do take note u still have to at least attempt an IPPT during the later 12 months as it'll be for the new window, & any RTs obligations will be in the 12 mths after the 3+12 months.
Ok so lets say i have book IPT-IPPT on 23/08/2014 and fail. So i have 8 RT sessioms right? And under the 3+12 months, i have until Dec 2015 to finish the 8 sessions?? And the last session of RT which is RT-IPPT will be consider as an attempt? So regardless if i pass or fail the RT-IPPT, consider clear for 2014/15? In the sense that i start my RT on 9/10/2014 and finish the 8 sessions before my next window open on 9/1/2015. So for year 2015 i have one full year no IPPT? Until 2016 Jan?
Old 27-07-2014, 10:35 PM   #2472
Master Member

hmm... just logon to ns.sg and try to book my ippt but it still says 9 months window...
Use this to confirm your new window:
http://www.ns.sg/nsp/web/esvcs/mindef/ippt/self-help

According to the above page, Ns.sg will only be updated on 1 Sept.
TKR1992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2014, 10:55 PM   #2473

Ok so lets say i have book IPT-IPPT on 23/08/2014 and fail. So i have 8 RT sessioms right? And under the 3+12 months, i have until Dec 2015 to finish the 8 sessions?? And the last session of RT which is RT-IPPT will be consider as an attempt? So regardless if i pass or fail the RT-IPPT, consider clear for 2014/15? In the sense that i start my RT on 9/10/2014 and finish the 8 sessions before my next window open on 9/1/2015. So for year 2015 i have one full year no IPPT? Until 2016 Jan?
Short answer: You have one full birthday year to do IPPT. Plus 12 more months to do RT after your last failure. It does not say you can skip IPPT for the next birthday year.

So, for 2015/2016, you have to do RT and 2015 IPPT. And if you fail, RT again for 2016/2017, Plus 2016 IPPT.... etc... until the day you pass IPPT.

I'm pretty sure they will charge you if you fail to complete RT. Plus you still owe them RT and IPPT.

Even if you owe them RT, you must still attempt IPPT for your birthday year or you are considered Defaulter.

And as highlighted below, they said you can't scratch the RT over 12 months. They will likely give you a 3/4 month period within the 12 month to complete, or as usual, you are a Defaulter.

End of story, can't escape.

WHY EXTEND THE IPPT WINDOW TO 12 MONTHS?

Under the proposed changes, an NSmanís window to take and pass his IPPT is up to a full year from the current nine months, with a further 12 months to complete remedial training. The reason: Flexibility of scheduling, said MG Lim.
ďWhen we give our NSmen up to 12 months to train for their IPPT and up to 12 months to complete their RT sessions, we also encourage them that they need to do it regularly. That means that you donít space out all your sessions across all 12 months, but we do tell them that you need to do it within a certain period. Itís just that giving them 12 months will give them some flexibility. They still need to exercise regularly, at least twice a week,Ē said the Chief of Army.

WHAT ABOUT IPT AND RT? ANY CHANGES?

No. "We think that some of our NSmen will still need help as we move to a three-station IPPT format, so we will retain the IPT (IPPT Preparatory Training) as well as the RT (Remedial Training) sessions and conduct them in our Fitness Conditioning Centres. So that will still remain," said MG Lim.

Last edited by gabong; 27-07-2014 at 11:07 PM..
gabong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2014, 10:56 PM   #2474

I suspect that there will be no need for the 8 sessions of RT as long as complete the 10 sessions of IPT.

Under self-help:

If you have passed your IPPT/met your PPTs in your IPT/completed 10 sessions of IPT in your current birthday window, your previous default counts will be reset to zero.

And under the News section for NS Connect:

What are the key changes under the enhanced NS IPPT Management System?

With effect from 1 Sep 2014, NSmen will be given 12 months to attempt and pass their IPPT. Alternatively, NSmen that require help can volunteer for a 10-session IPPT Preparatory Training (IPT). NSmen who pass their IPPT or complete IPT will proceed to either IPPT or IPT in their next 12-month birthday window. NSmen who fail or default IPPT or IPT will be subject to Remedial Training (RT). They will be required to complete their RT programme within their subsequent 12-month birthday windows. NSmen who volunteer for IPT will be considered to have met their IPPT requirement for the year if they (1) meet their Personal Performance Targets (PPT) at any point in the programme; or (2) complete 10 sessions of IPT within their birthday window. NSmen on IPT are advised to attend training at least once a week continuously for 10 sessions to obtain the benefits of the training regime.

ferrari85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2014, 11:15 PM   #2475

I suspect that there will be no need for the 8 sessions of RT as long as complete the 10 sessions of IPT.

Under self-help:

And under the News section for NS Connect:

What are the key changes under the enhanced NS IPPT Management System?

Any confirmation for this??? This is because i have booked my IPT-IPPT on 23/8/2014 which is before 1st Sept so most probably i will fail this and will have 8 sessions of RT??
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.