HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

SAF IPPT, IPT & RT Questions...

Like Tree685Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27-07-2014, 11:23 PM   #2476

[QUOTE=gabong;87400293]Short answer: You have one full birthday year to do IPPT. Plus 12 more%

Last edited by junny1; 27-07-2014 at 11:29 PM..
junny1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2014, 11:29 PM   #2477
Arch-Supremacy Member

So, for 2015/2016, you have to do RT and 2015 IPPT. And if you fail, RT again for 2016/2017, Plus 2016 IPPT.... etc... until the day you pass IPPT.
If i fail my IPT-IPPT on 23/08/2014, can i book my 8 RT sessions in the last 3 months from 09/10/2014 onwards and complete all before my next window open on 9/1/2015? In this case, in the whole year of 2015 i just have to take 1 ippt test only right??

I'm pretty sure they will charge you if you fail to complete RT. Plus you still owe them RT and IPPT.

Even if you owe them RT, you must still attempt IPPT for your birthday year or you are considered Defaulter.

And as highlighted below, they said you can't scratch the RT over 12 months. They will likely give you a 3/4 month period within the 12 month to complete, or as usual, you are a Defaulter.
They mention need to do it within a certain period. But when i read the first sentence it says "Under the proposed changes, an NSmanís window to take and pass his IPPT is up to a full year from the current nine months, with a further 12 months to complete remedial training." So which is which? The further 12 months means year 2015??

End of story, can't escape.

WHY EXTEND THE IPPT WINDOW TO 12 MONTHS?

Under the proposed changes, an NSmanís window to take and pass his IPPT is up to a full year from the current nine months, with a further 12 months to complete remedial training. The reason: Flexibility of scheduling, said MG Lim.
ďWhen we give our NSmen up to 12 months to train for their IPPT and up to 12 months to complete their RT sessions, we also encourage them that they need to do it regularly. That means that you donít space out all your sessions across all 12 months, but we do tell them that you need to do it within a certain period. Itís just that giving them 12 months will give them some flexibility. They still need to exercise regularly, at least twice a week,Ē said the Chief of Army.

orh..okay i think i understand, last time is die die 3 months from 9mths after bday ( eg, bday is jan, rt from sept-dec
now i give u 12 month , but u must complete within3-4 months( bday is feb2014 , rt is feb2015-feb 2016 BUT you must pick a 4 month timeslot, ( eg, march 2015-july 2015, or aug 2015-feb 2016) so i let u choose which slots you want, instead of enforcing a die die 3 mth after ur 9mth bday.

WHAT ABOUT IPT AND RT? ANY CHANGES?

No. "We think that some of our NSmen will still need help as we move to a three-station IPPT format, so we will retain the IPT (IPPT Preparatory Training) as well as the RT (Remedial Training) sessions and conduct them in our Fitness Conditioning Centres. So that will still remain," said MG Lim.
[/QUOTE]

swee lah, when can we get the IPT bands? ^^
Old 27-07-2014, 11:34 PM   #2478

Short answer: You have one full birthday year to do IPPT. Plus 12 more months to do RT after your last failure. It does not say you can skip IPPT for the next birthday year.

So, for 2015/2016, you have to do RT and 2015 IPPT. And if you fail, RT again for 2016/2017, Plus 2016 IPPT.... etc... until the day you pass IPPT.

I'm pretty sure they will charge you if you fail to complete RT. Plus you still owe them RT and IPPT.

Even if you owe them RT, you must still attempt IPPT for your birthday year or you are considered Defaulter.

And as highlighted below, they said you can't scratch the RT over 12 months. They will likely give you a 3/4 month period within the 12 month to complete, or as usual, you are a Defaulter.

End of story, can't escape.

WHY EXTEND THE IPPT WINDOW TO 12 MONTHS?

Under the proposed changes, an NSmanís window to take and pass his IPPT is up to a full year from the current nine months, with a further 12 months to complete remedial training. The reason: Flexibility of scheduling, said MG Lim.
ďWhen we give our NSmen up to 12 months to train for their IPPT and up to 12 months to complete their RT sessions, we also encourage them that they need to do it regularly. That means that you donít space out all your sessions across all 12 months, but we do tell them that you need to do it within a certain period. Itís just that giving them 12 months will give them some flexibility. They still need to exercise regularly, at least twice a week,Ē said the Chief of Army.

WHAT ABOUT IPT AND RT? ANY CHANGES?

No. "We think that some of our NSmen will still need help as we move to a three-station IPPT format, so we will retain the IPT (IPPT Preparatory Training) as well as the RT (Remedial Training) sessions and conduct them in our Fitness Conditioning Centres. So that will still remain," said MG Lim.
If i fail my IPT-IPPT on 23/08/2014, can i book my 8 RT sessions in the last 3 months from 09/10/2014 onwards and complete all before my next window open on 9/1/2015? In this case, in the whole year of 2015 i just have to take 1 ippt test only right??

They mention need to do it within a certain period. But when i read the first sentence it says "Under the proposed changes, an NSmanís window to take and pass his IPPT is up to a full year from the current nine months, with a further 12 months to complete remedial training." So which is which? The further 12 months means year 2015??
Old 27-07-2014, 11:54 PM   #2479
Supremacy Member

Yes u can do that. U can also complete the 8 RT & 1 IPPT within the year of 2015 cos of the given extension of 12 mths during this system transitioning. iirc based on past experiences during previous older system transitioning from 12 months into 9+3 months window, the transitioned RT-IPPT test can only be taken into effect for the new window if u passed it. If failed, u'll need to attempt a separate IPPT attempt just for the new window (2015) obligation.

They mention need to do it within a certain period. But when i read the first sentence it says "Under the proposed changes, an NSman’s window to take and pass his IPPT is up to a full year from the current nine months, with a further 12 months to complete remedial training." So which is which? The further 12 months means year 2015??
The further 12 months is refering to the change of RT period into a outstanding system to be fulfilled in the following year. Like i've mentioned in previous post, current system eveything (IPPT/RT/IPT) within birth year window, new system altered to (IPPT/IPT) within current window & RT to be repaid in next window.
Old 28-07-2014, 08:59 AM   #2480

Yes u can do that. U can also complete the 8 RT & 1 IPPT within the year of 2015 cos of the given extension of 12 mths during this system transitioning. iirc based on past experiences during previous older system transitioning from 12 months into 9+3 months window, the transitioned RT-IPPT test can only be taken into effect for the new window if u passed it. If failed, u'll need to attempt a separate IPPT attempt just for the new window (2015) obligation.

The further 12 months is refering to the change of RT period into a outstanding system to be fulfilled in the following year. Like i've mentioned in previous post, current system eveything (IPPT/RT/IPT) within birth year window, new system altered to (IPPT/IPT) within current window & RT to be repaid in next window.
1. So this means that even if i change my IPT-IPPT after 1st Sept and fail, i still will get RT of 8 sessions?

2. Is RT-IPPT during the 8th session considered an IPPT attempt? For example, if i finish my 8 sessions of RT (after 1st Sept) before my 2015 window opens on 10 Jan, do I have to book a separate IPPT session again in 2015? Since the extension is now 12 months or for the year of 2015 i do not have to take IPPT? RT-IPPT should be the new 3 stations and i should be able to pass since its easier now.
Old 28-07-2014, 09:35 AM   #2481

1. So this means that even if i change my IPT-IPPT after 1st Sept and fail, i still will get RT of 8 sessions?

2. Is RT-IPPT during the 8th session considered an IPPT attempt? For example, if i finish my 8 sessions of RT (after 1st Sept) before my 2015 window opens on 10 Jan, do I have to book a separate IPPT session again in 2015? Since the extension is now 12 months or for the year of 2015 i do not have to take IPPT? RT-IPPT should be the new 3 stations and i should be able to pass since its easier now.
1) I assume yes. I assume they will grand father all people on the old system over. Complete what ever you owe them and from 2015 start from new again.

2) If they allow you to use the old system, they will expect you to complete within the old system time frame.

***For EVERY birthday year you must attempt IPPT. ***
This applies to EVERYONE.

I'm very sure the 12+12 system is not per work year but from LAST Date of Failure.

If you try to take IPPT on the 12th month of 2015 birthday year, and fail, and do RT during the Last 3 months of the 2nd 12th month during the 2016 birthday year.... and on top of that...

You still OWE them 2016 IPPT attempt!
gabong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2014, 02:52 PM   #2482
Master Member

My First ever RT tmrw ... going maju. Any maju regulars know where to park?
Old 28-07-2014, 04:13 PM   #2483

My First ever RT tmrw ... going maju. Any maju regulars know where to park?
Park outside the multi storey carpark where they run 2.4km. Drive past the gate, turn left then right and you will see it. Be early if not no space to park
Old 28-07-2014, 04:14 PM   #2484

1) I assume yes. I assume they will grand father all people on the old system over. Complete what ever you owe them and from 2015 start from new again.

2) If they allow you to use the old system, they will expect you to complete within the old system time frame.

***For EVERY birthday year you must attempt IPPT. ***
This applies to EVERYONE.

I'm very sure the 12+12 system is not per work year but from LAST Date of Failure.

If you try to take IPPT on the 12th month of 2015 birthday year, and fail, and do RT during the Last 3 months of the 2nd 12th month during the 2016 birthday year.... and on top of that...

You still OWE them 2016 IPPT attempt!
Cam you help to answer directly to my question 2??
Old 28-07-2014, 04:26 PM   #2485
Master Member

Tmr going for first IPT session.. which is a IPPT right? Hope can go attempt and zao asap..
Bonafider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2014, 04:56 PM   #2486
Arch-Supremacy Member

Cam you help to answer directly to my question 2??
can..would you kindly provide your email also so the laojiao here can email u the ans instead of making u check the thread every now and then?
Old 28-07-2014, 05:25 PM   #2487

hello guys i am terribly confused hope laojiaos can help me out here.

my ippt under old window closes end november 2014.
now i check ns.sg here is what they say:
Your current IPPT/IPT window will be extended to 21 Feb 2015. Your transition window will be from 1 Sep 2014 to 21 Feb 2015. Your next birthday window will start on 22 Feb 2015.

1) under this transition window can take the new ippt? or is it still the 5 stations?
2) if i go IPT now, need to go 10 times and if i fail the last session i need to go for another 8 more RT?
3) so now i just need to clear the 10 IPT before 21 Feb 2015 ? and the 8 session of RT before 21 Feb 2016?

sorry for noob questions..never fail ippt before but this time cmi liao
whatsupdawggg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2014, 05:32 PM   #2488

can..would you kindly provide your email also so the laojiao here can email u the ans instead of making u check the thread every now and then?
PM you my email liao
Old 28-07-2014, 06:23 PM   #2489
Master Member

Park outside the multi storey carpark where they run 2.4km. Drive past the gate, turn left then right and you will see it. Be early if not no space to park
Thanks for the info bro ....
archtomato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2014, 08:41 PM   #2490
High Supremacy Member

still confused
my birthday is 1 november

i finished my 10 sessions IPT for year 2013/2014 in april 2014 and failed

Does this mean I can do the remaining 8 sessions of RT anytime from now to 1 November 2015?

And then from 2 November 2015 onwards to 1 November 2016 I can do IPT?
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.