SAF IPPT, IPT & RT Questions...

viksim

Reaction score
Dun talk so much la. Jus go complete ur 20 sessions of RT. if u can appeal for ur RT to be waived then who would follow the guidelines?

Well, we'll see. I've sent my appeal liao. Don't want to default my IPPT and be charged if I know I can't complete 20 lessons for the next three months. I am not waiving the entire RT but asking for a reduction to 8 lessons since time is not favourable on my end. I had friends who are charged as IPPT defaulter and negotiated to join straight to second phase RT instead so why not. You never try, you never know.

rethaFrey

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
anyone knows if 1st lesson of IPT-RT (the 8 lessons one) is IPPT or training? and what time is Maju in-pro for this?

viksim

Reaction score
no completed IPT = 20 session RT (no excuse)
they already mentioned, if you think you not gonna make it, you should have extend earlier.

and IPT, RT this kind of matter is settle within FCC, i don't think ns.sg can help...

I've attend the first lesson as well as attempted IPPT twice so why not consider the attempt an effort? Besides, what's the point of extending when you know you will fail in the 1st place? I've attended IPT just last yr under band one when it is much easier but got to band 2 this yr so things are different.

Have spoken to CSO and they will send my appeal to my unit to settle. So in meantime, see the reply first.

j_t_fusion

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
got 9 months for you to complete 10 ipt sessions you don't want to do it... now you want to nego for 8 rt sessions only...

viksim

Reaction score
anyone knows if 1st lesson of IPT-RT (the 8 lessons one) is IPPT or training? and what time is Maju in-pro for this?

There is only IPT or RT.

RT 20 lessons--- first 7, follow by IPPT test. If pass, then you are cleared. IF not, go for 9-19 and follow by IPPT test. Pass or fail nvm cause it will be considered clear.
Of course in between the RT if u feel confident that you will pass, you can book for IPPT, pass it and no more RT. Fail, continue your RT as usual.

IPT 10 lessons---first lesson is IPPT assessment to categorised you into different bands. If you confident that you can pass the assigned band IPT standards, can book IPPT to clear and no need to complete remaining lessons.
If until end of IPT, still cannot pass IPT, then go for RT 8 lessons. If did not complete 10 lessons IPT, go for RT 20 lessons.

Btw, IPT standards are lower than IPPT but your band will progress each passing year so thus making it harder to pass.

viksim

Reaction score
got 9 months for you to complete 10 ipt sessions you don't want to do it... now you want to nego for 8 rt sessions only...

the whole purpose of this IPT system is such that they lowered the standards so that you can attempt to pass the IPT standards and exit it. No requirement to attend full 10 sessions unless you want to continue to RT for last 3 months.

Anyway, have been attending RT lessons since ORD Yr 2005 and only last yr try this new IPT system attended 10 sessions and clear under band 1. This yr band 2 target so...sigh.

aircraft

Reaction score
Well, we'll see. I've sent my appeal liao. Don't want to default my IPPT and be charged if I know I can't complete 20 lessons for the next three months. I am not waiving the entire RT but asking for a reduction to 8 lessons since time is not favourable on my end. I had friends who are charged as IPPT defaulter and negotiated to join straight to second phase RT instead so why not. You never try, you never know.

Now RT still have phases meh, tot just 20 sessions.

wav35_

Reaction score
There is only IPT or RT.

RT 20 lessons--- first 7, follow by IPPT test. If pass, then you are cleared. IF not, go for 9-19 and follow by IPPT test. Pass or fail nvm cause it will be considered clear.

14th session is a IPPT too.

aircraft

Reaction score
the whole purpose of this IPT system is such that they lowered the standards so that you can attempt to pass the IPT standards and exit it. No requirement to attend full 10 sessions unless you want to continue to RT for last 3 months.

Anyway, have been attending RT lessons since ORD Yr 2005 and only last yr try this new IPT system attended 10 sessions and clear under band 1. This yr band 2 target so...sigh.

Errr. Are u sure u can just go for 1 session of ipt? I think u will get charged as an ipt defaulter...

vasilli07

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Errr. Are u sure u can just go for 1 session of ipt? I think u will get charged as an ipt defaulter...

Ipt is a voluntary program. No 1 get charged for defaulting it.

Only defaulting Rt and Ippt will get charged.

tsaieh

Reaction score
A quick one folks, kanna charge for not going to IPT or RT, how much is the fine? care to list out? tks.

vasilli07

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
A quick one folks, kanna charge for not going to IPT or RT, how much is the fine? care to list out? tks.

Fine also depends on rank and the number of times u kenna charged. Min is $50 if u pte, x2 for 2nd time and 3x for 3rd time.

Jacky2000

Reaction score

If you fail your PPT band 2 this yr, go for RT for 8 times, you will be demoted to band 1 next yr rite?

ah_cheng1882

Reaction score
Wow. Din know the rules are so flexible and can be negotiated. Wanna see how MINDEF handles this. Many NSmen are watching.

viksim

Reaction score
Wow. Din know the rules are so flexible and can be negotiated. Wanna see how MINDEF handles this. Many NSmen are watching.

Whats there to watch? Its not a matter of flexibilty but case to case basis. Just like ict deferment request leh. If I get the reduction, it doesn't mean the nxt person who follow suit will automatically get the same results. Worse come to worse, suck thumb and try to complete 20 lessons lor. Simple as that.

viksim

Reaction score

Don't think its a matter of flexiblity but case by case basis like ict deferment. If i manged to get thru, does not mean the nxt person who follow suit will automatically get the same results right? Worse come to worse, at the most suck thumb and try to complete 20 lessons lor. So what's there to watch?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.