HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

SAF IPPT, IPT & RT Questions...

Like Tree682Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-01-2015, 12:26 AM   #3061
Supremacy Member

for the sake of giving up the slot so that others who need it can attend, if you cannot make it for any IPPT/IPT/RT you should cancel it as soon as possible.

anyway the system does not allow last minute cancellation so it is all right if you cannot cancel.

however i heard people say that if you book and then never attend too many times, the system will ban you from booking. then you will have to contact SAF and explain to them why you book but never attend so many times.
Old 03-01-2015, 08:55 AM   #3062
Master Member

LOL at the peepur here trivializing AWOL for trial

if 50bux fine, then everyone might as well suka suka dun go already

and this guy also one kind, if cannot go on that date, got 6mths to inform a change of date, but chose to purposely AWOL......

pink letter = wanted list, 99% DB already la...... even if no DB also need to sign something to ensure good behavior forever
Perhaps you should understand that university exam schedules are not released 6 months before. I'm sure he doesn't want to AWOL intentionally. We are not that dumb are we?

I have to agree that he should've completed all sessions asap to avoid all these trouble though.
kurt111494 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2015, 03:17 PM   #3063
Supremacy Member

Perhaps you should understand that university exam schedules are not released 6 months before. I'm sure he doesn't want to AWOL intentionally. We are not that dumb are we?

I have to agree that he should've completed all sessions asap to avoid all these trouble though.

1) exams schedules are not release 6 months before but neither it is 1 day before. you would have plenty of time to inform in you had wanted to.

2) you will be surprised at the number of people who attempted to play dumb or otherwise to attempt to weasel their way out. I have seen plenty of these people and sadly, sometimes you have to use a heavy hand to handle them.

i'm not accusing anyone or OP in particular. Just an observation.
chehjin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2015, 03:26 PM   #3064
Supremacy Member

Hey guys, i kena summary trial sia, need go CMPB report.

I didnt pass my IPPT earlier back so kena go RT, but i didnt manage to complete the 20 sessions. I kena first letter ask me come down CMPB for charge but i can't be present on the date they issued me coz got university exam on that day itself. So i called them about this, and they told me dont need come down anymore, wait for second letter. Now kena second letter, pink color and they ask me come down CMPB again but this time for summary trial. Is it a serious thing??
he got call and inform lah.
Old 03-01-2015, 10:33 PM   #3065
Banned

LOL at the peepur here trivializing AWOL for trial

if 50bux fine, then everyone might as well suka suka dun go already

and this guy also one kind, if cannot go on that date, got 6mths to inform a change of date, but chose to purposely AWOL......

pink letter = wanted list, 99% DB already la...... even if no DB also need to sign something to ensure good behavior forever
I where got AWOL suka suka one sia. No choice since got university exam on that date, somemore i got called MINDEF hotline about this and the person on the phone told me to just ignore the first charge and wait for second letter. Also not my fault, anything i got valid excuse, can just say i was instructed to ignore.

But the pink letter, walao they write until so serious like i just commit a serious offense like that. The letter say i need come down for summary trial, i also tio stunned. Coz i know summary trial is like court martial like that where the JO read out the charges to you and you plead guilty, something like that.

Last edited by velato2006; 03-01-2015 at 10:41 PM..
velato2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2015, 10:43 PM   #3066
Master Member

I where got AWOL suka suka one sia. Got university exam on that date, somemore i got called MINDEF hotline about this and the person on the phone told me to just ignore the first charge and wait for second letter. Also not my fault, anything i got valid excuse, can just say i was instructed to ignore.

But the pink letter, walao they write until so serious like i just commit a serious offense like that. The letter say i need come down for summary trial, i also tio stunned. Coz i know summary trial is like court martial like that where the JO read out the charges to you and you plead guilty, something like that.
Try to find out everything and anything you can about that over the phone. If you've called to inform and they were the ones who told you "no need to do anything and just wait", I don't think you'll be at fault for this part if you tell them that this was what you were told.

I'm not sure about the consequences for not completing your RT though...but perhaps with worst consequence will be what was mentioned in the first letter I think?
Old 03-01-2015, 10:44 PM   #3067
Banned

1) exams schedules are not release 6 months before but neither it is 1 day before. you would have plenty of time to inform in you had wanted to.

2) you will be surprised at the number of people who attempted to play dumb or otherwise to attempt to weasel their way out. I have seen plenty of these people and sadly, sometimes you have to use a heavy hand to handle them.

i'm not accusing anyone or OP in particular. Just an observation.
Yea for my school, the exams date are usually posted when you select your timetable before school starts. So plenty of time to inform. But the letter , it was sent one month before my exams. I did call them like 3 weeks before the actual date though and that's the only instruction they give me.
Old 03-01-2015, 10:51 PM   #3068
Supremacy Member

new system is no more DB except for really really serious cases.

at most is ICT(RT), which is basically stay-in ICT whereby your daily routine will be physical training and you cannot choose the date and it does not count into your ORNS and ICT cycles. and you get no money as well.
velato2006 likes this.
Old 03-01-2015, 11:19 PM   #3069
Banned

Try to find out everything and anything you can about that over the phone. If you've called to inform and they were the ones who told you "no need to do anything and just wait", I don't think you'll be at fault for this part if you tell them that this was what you were told.

I'm not sure about the consequences for not completing your RT though...but perhaps with worst consequence will be what was mentioned in the first letter I think?
From what i believe, 1st time offender they would usually give you warning or worst case scenario pay fine $50 or $100. They cant possibly let me go to DB..
Old 04-01-2015, 03:25 PM   #3070
Supremacy Member

From what i believe, 1st time offender they would usually give you warning or worst case scenario pay fine $50 or $100. They cant possibly let me go to DB..
you can ignore the comments about DB la, you will likely get a fine thats all.

SAF is very fair, if this is your first offence, you will not go DB as other servicemen before you did not go DB for 1st offence.

but that again, summary trial is quite serious in that it is a formal process. Please dun skip this no matter what.
chehjin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 07:58 PM   #3071
High Honorary Member

wat is the usual RT fug off timing now?

saw the timing change to 1800-1930hrs...rast time until 2100hrs
matchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 08:10 PM   #3072
Supremacy Member

Hey all bros, gonna take my 1st ever nsmen ippt at maju camp next week.

got a few questions to ask.

Once i reach the camp, how do i go about reporting for ippt?

And also need to have proper haircut anot ah? Or nobody cares since its nsmen?

Will there be lockers provided for us to keep our belongings?

Can straightaway go in camp with pt kit or still must wear proper clothing and change?
Onelastwish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 08:26 PM   #3073
Master Member

Hey all bros, gonna take my 1st ever nsmen ippt at maju camp next week.

got a few questions to ask.

Once i reach the camp, how do i go about reporting for ippt?

And also need to have proper haircut anot ah? Or nobody cares since its nsmen?

Will there be lockers provided for us to keep our belongings?

Can straightaway go in camp with pt kit or still must wear proper clothing and change?
just let the guys at the guard house scan your IC to enter.

no need proper haircut. no one cares.

there'll be lockers around i think.

attire is up to you
Old 05-01-2015, 08:35 PM   #3074
Supremacy Member

just let the guys at the guard house scan your IC to enter.

no need proper haircut. no one cares.

there'll be lockers around i think.

attire is up to you
Thanks bro.

those PTI there siao on anot?

the PT kit is must wear SAF one or can wear our own civilian PT attire?

maju camp can bring camera phone?

Last edited by Onelastwish; 05-01-2015 at 08:39 PM..
Onelastwish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 08:46 PM   #3075
Supremacy Member

civilian PT kit also can.

book in attire anything is fine, except no slippers allowed.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.