HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

SAF IPPT, IPT & RT Questions...

Like Tree675Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-04-2015, 01:10 AM   #3376

so the new ippt is likely to fail for me too...

prepare RT liao.

if my windows going to close in 1 week time and i yet to complete IPT what will happen ?
yosemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 01:27 AM   #3377

so the new ippt is likely to fail for me too...

prepare RT liao.

if my windows going to close in 1 week time and i yet to complete IPT what will happen ?
why need to RT if one is able to complete 10 IPT sessions?
Calander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 12:35 PM   #3378

Hello, Im going khatib camp for ippt later.

Is the new 3 stations ippt system implemented there also?

I wish to do the new format...but cannot find another option on ns.sg!

Last edited by LearnIT; 04-04-2015 at 12:38 PM..
LearnIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 01:24 PM   #3379

The irritating part I hate about this station is not the toughness or ngiao-ness. It's the part where we have to train for it (not the time or strength part either).

Yeah sure, for pull-ups, most of us have to go exercise corners and all to train while for pushups we can just train at home. But for push-ups, how are we supposed to train for the correct form when we exercise? Since a long time ago till now, I'm sure most of us kena tekan in uniformed groups or army before but I'm dead sure none of us really cared about form back then.

The only ways I can think of to train is to get someone to watch you when you train or to put a huge-ass mirror beside yourself and stare at your own body while you do since it's damn hard to detect any "off-form" movements when our eyes are only located at the front of our heads.

In terms of training, it's a bigger pain in the ass than pullups and in fact I think less beneficial for upper body strength. But what to do? LLST lan lan suck thumb lor. *shrugs*

Sorry for the rant btw -_-
Take video ! Put your phone on the ground and record while you do. Just make sure about two things, maintain straight back posture and straight arm every push-up. Everyone should know ass and leg near the ground and only upper body do push up is definitely no count
jackasshole3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 01:36 PM   #3380

I managed to do 26, then No Count 1. So overall 25. I'm the skinny scrawny type so my arm muscles quite weak haha lucky I'm light so easier to push I guess. For me I cannot do very fast one so I focused on getting the form right every time. I have a friend who was doing with me that did like 52 then no count 8 so 44. He had five no count cos he was doing very fast then never fully straighten arm when coming up.

But overall quite happy! since I only started training pushups 1 and a half week before the test itself. managed to go from 10 proper to 25. Every alternate day do four sets of about 70-80% of my max number I can do before I head out for sch. Trying to maintain this regime all the way even after IPPT.
That's not bad. I m skinny guy too. Used to do 60 wide arm push-up in nS.now barely keepin up 50. Back when the three station ippt with the push-up implemented , I thought It was gonna be chicken feet guessing 40 standard push-up. But when I heard now how hard it is from bros here, my expectation drop to 30. Now I tried it out my self with sock on the floor (mash up into fist size) and recorded with phone. only manage 22nia
Old 04-04-2015, 02:22 PM   #3381
Supremacy Member

it should be easier once FCC starts using electronic counting for the push-ups.

but that will take some time cos FCC will need to remove the old stations before there is space to install the push-up stations.

khatib and bedok confirm no space to install the push-up stations until the old stations are removed.
Old 04-04-2015, 05:15 PM   #3382

it should be easier once FCC starts using electronic counting for the push-ups.

but that will take some time cos FCC will need to remove the old stations before there is space to install the push-up stations.

khatib and bedok confirm no space to install the push-up stations until the old stations are removed.
they just remove one of the shutter run track and draw rectangle for pushup
Old 04-04-2015, 05:31 PM   #3383
Supremacy Member

There will be signs on the counter to let you know if you forget:

- Blue: Metabolic Circuit (upper body)
- Yellow: IPPT Specific
- Red: Running
- Orange: Games (soccer, captains ball)
- Green: Weight loss (above 27 BMI)
been a while since I last went IPT, is the system of first come first start in place or everyone start at the same time now?
chehjin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 06:39 PM   #3384
High Honorary Member

been a while since I last went IPT, is the system of first come first start in place or everyone start at the same time now?
first come first???
mrclubbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 08:43 PM   #3385
Supremacy Member

first come first???
there was a period of time during my last cycle where they had the tags sub divided into groups. For example, if you turned up early and the group number is enough, that group will start training without waiting for the rest. the earlier you start, the earlier you go back.

i guess now back to normal, everyone start same time.
chehjin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 08:50 PM   #3386
High Honorary Member

there was a period of time during my last cycle where they had the tags sub divided into groups. For example, if you turned up early and the group number is enough, that group will start training without waiting for the rest. the earlier you start, the earlier you go back.

i guess now back to normal, everyone start same time.
I see.

Yes, everyone start at the same time now, that is what I see.
mrclubbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 09:38 PM   #3387

went for the new IPPT system today. Overall experience is good with the new system. Only the detailing part not too glad with it because my tag number is assign to do situp first then pushup. Because the push up is still manual key in of score so they line you up 1-10 so even number do first odd number be assistant then switch over. like the old days situp like tat

if only we can choose to do which station first.
Old 04-04-2015, 10:03 PM   #3388
Master Member

is the requirement for Performance Target for ipt out already?
ThisIsSparta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2015, 12:26 AM   #3389

went for the new IPPT system today. Overall experience is good with the new system. Only the detailing part not too glad with it because my tag number is assign to do situp first then pushup. Because the push up is still manual key in of score so they line you up 1-10 so even number do first odd number be assistant then switch over. like the old days situp like tat

if only we can choose to do which station first.
Which place you go do ippt? When you taking, odd number tag is your assistance? Can you enlightens me on that? You mean the person who come there to take ippt and got odd number tag is your push-up test assistance? Like how he assist? I thought the Cisco pTi test?
Old 05-04-2015, 01:08 AM   #3390
Supremacy Member

Which place you go do ippt? When you taking, odd number tag is your assistance? Can you enlightens me on that? You mean the person who come there to take ippt and got odd number tag is your push-up test assistance? Like how he assist? I thought the Cisco pTi test?
there is a buddy system. so for instance, tag number 71 to 75 will do push up first while tag 76 to 80 will count for them. then tag 76 to 80 will do while tag 71 to 75 count.

the assistant is the one that put his fist below the chest and the assistant will also do the counting out loud.

there will be a PTI beside you who make sure that you are doing standard push up and will tell you on the spot if the push up is no count but the assistant will keep counting out loud without subtracting the no count away.

the push up is actually not that hard but is just very tiring. i managed to do 49-4=45 during my ippt this evening.

i am the short and skinny underweight type whereby the last time i exercise was December 2013 during my RT. what i did was to do 20 standard push ups everyday for the past few months. and then once 20 standard push ups is chicken feet, i start doing 20 standard and fast push ups. and then once there is chicken feet, i increase to 30 standard and fast push ups.

but in the end i fail my ippt cos i ran/walk 20min for 2.4km.

is the requirement for Performance Target for ipt out already?
0 to 15 points ==> 16 to 30 points ==> 31 to 50 points ==> standard ippt pass

let's say if your very first ipt-ippt you get only 8 points. so the PPT for this year is "16 to 30 points". then next year your PPT is "31 to 50 points". and then from next next year onwards your PPT is standard ippt pass forever.

if your very first ipt-ippt you get only 25 points. so the PPT for this year is "31 to 50 points". and then from next year onwards your PPT is standard ippt pass forever.

if your very first ipt-ippt you get only 35 points. so the PPT for this year is standard ippt pass. and then from next year onwards your PPT is also standard ippt pass forever.

so basically everyone is screwed within 3 years.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.