SAF IPPT, IPT & RT Questions...

Calander

Reaction score
Hi guys, would like to know what color tags are there and each represent what exercise?

NGjODuS.jpg

Last edited:

ChiuSiaoRiao

Master Member
Reaction score
correct.....

Can I ask you another question? RT-IPPT happen on the 8th and 16th right? Do I need to attend a minimum sessions of RT before I can take the test? As one of my friend told me I need to at least attend 5 sessions first.

Hyruga

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Can I ask you another question? RT-IPPT happen on the 8th and 16th right? Do I need to attend a minimum sessions of RT before I can take the test? As one of my friend told me I need to at least attend 5 sessions first.

Dont need to attend minimum session.

But you have to book IPPT separately and if you fail, it does not count as an RT session. You still have to complete 20 RT session.

An alternative is to wait for your RT session to be an IPPT session which is on the 8th and last session.

ChiuSiaoRiao

Master Member
Reaction score
Dont need to attend minimum session.

But you have to book IPPT separately and if you fail, it does not count as an RT session. You still have to complete 20 RT session.

An alternative is to wait for your RT session to be an IPPT session which is on the 8th and last session.

Do you mean I can book an IPPT and pass it to get release from RT?

From what I understand now, is that on the 8th and 16th session I could turn my RT into an RT-IPPT seession.

Calander

Reaction score

if by attending at least 5 RT sessions allows u to take the test, then what's with the 8th session in this case? And RT-IPPT is 8th, 14th and 20th.

perhaps u can ask your friend to printscreen his RT attendance for us here to share which session is his RT-IPPT from NS Portal.

when under RT program, a separate IPPT booking is not allowed unless is a ICT-IPPT

Last edited:

ChiuSiaoRiao

Master Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the help guys. If I would not be able to book IPPT during RT program, I guess I will have to pass RT-IPPT on my 8th session else I will have to wait for CMPB to charge me since I am unable to clear 20 session before my window closes.

Calander

Reaction score
Thanks for the help guys. If I would not be able to book IPPT during RT program, I guess I will have to pass RT-IPPT on my 8th session else I will have to wait for CMPB to charge me since I am unable to clear 20 session before my window closes.

that will be the case. but they probably will give u a warning if this is your first time, especially RT window now is 12 months

bitsoffish

Master Member
Reaction score
my ippt window closes early November and recently started to train for it. could've been easy to clear but now like got some knee injury and have pains when running. how ah? can they extend the ippt window if I got legit reasons?

tayhc88

Reaction score
hi, i am thinking to attend the ipt session at promontory at marina bay... Do anyone here know where is the exact meeting location? and are there like anyone looking after our bags or lockers avaiable?

4saken

Reaction score
hi all! need to confirm some stuff and seek all your advice..

1. reporting time for ipt/rt strict or not? wanna go 7pm slot but I can reach 7.30 earliest.. means I can only either take off or go on weekends?

2. I going the ipt route, but thinking long term and reading past posts, correct me if I'm wrong,
1st IPT-IPPT they will force u to chiong or not? I want to start from band 1..
10th IPT-IPPT if fail IPT PPT then next year need do 10 RT? then year after that is new IPPT window(means I can do IPT)?

Year 1 - IPT x 10 (pass Band 1)
Year 2 - IPT x 10 (pass Band 2)
Year 3 - IPT x 10 (fail Band 3)
Year 4 - RT x 10
Year 5 - RT x 20 or IPT x 10(start from Band 1)?

thanks in advance..

luigixx

Reaction score
hi all! need to confirm some stuff and seek all your advice..

1. reporting time for ipt/rt strict or not? wanna go 7pm slot but I can reach 7.30 earliest.. means I can only either take off or go on weekends?

2. I going the ipt route, but thinking long term and reading past posts, correct me if I'm wrong,
1st IPT-IPPT they will force u to chiong or not? I want to start from band 1..
10th IPT-IPPT if fail IPT PPT then next year need do 10 RT? then year after that is new IPPT window(means I can do IPT)?

Year 1 - IPT x 10 (pass Band 1)
Year 2 - IPT x 10 (pass Band 2)
Year 3 - IPT x 10 (fail Band 3)
Year 4 - RT x 10
Year 5 - RT x 20 or IPT x 10(start from Band 1)?

thanks in advance..

I can answer some parts of (2)
I don't think banding can drop/regress (i.e if you are band 3, that's gonna be your standard going upwards, that means band 4 next).

They won't really ask you to chiong per se, what if you collapse? They can't bear that kind of responsibility. What they do advocate is that you know your limits, if you find that you are unable to complete each exercise tasked to you, just sound off. I did that and they were happy i sounded off and i was allowed to stop that particular exercise.

Also, once you complete 10x IPT sessions (regardless of your performance), your current window is considered complete, and the next window is another round of IPT, and not RT. It's only if you didn't complete your 10x IPT, fail ICT or Non-ICT IPPT, or defaulted on IPPT do you need to serve 10x RT in the following window. This is in the IPPT FAQs on ns.sg

So i am not sure why Year 4 in your example was 10x RT rather than 10x IPT, that might be the previous, outdated system.
Year 5 would just be 10x IPT for you.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.