SAF IPPT, IPT & RT Questions...

sillyb0y

Master Member
Reaction score
hi all! need to confirm some stuff and seek all your advice..

1. reporting time for ipt/rt strict or not? wanna go 7pm slot but I can reach 7.30 earliest.. means I can only either take off or go on weekends?

2. I going the ipt route, but thinking long term and reading past posts, correct me if I'm wrong,
1st IPT-IPPT they will force u to chiong or not? I want to start from band 1..
10th IPT-IPPT if fail IPT PPT then next year need do 10 RT? then year after that is new IPPT window(means I can do IPT)?

Year 1 - IPT x 10 (pass Band 1)
Year 2 - IPT x 10 (pass Band 2)
Year 3 - IPT x 10 (fail Band 3)
Year 4 - RT x 10
Year 5 - RT x 20 or IPT x 10(start from Band 1)?

thanks in advance..

I can answer some parts of (2)
I don't think banding can drop/regress (i.e if you are band 3, that's gonna be your standard going upwards, that means band 4 next).

They won't really ask you to chiong per se, what if you collapse? They can't bear that kind of responsibility. What they do advocate is that you know your limits, if you find that you are unable to complete each exercise tasked to you, just sound off. I did that and they were happy i sounded off and i was allowed to stop that particular exercise.

Also, once you complete 10x IPT sessions (regardless of your performance), your current window is considered complete, and the next window is another round of IPT, and not RT. It's only if you didn't complete your 10x IPT, fail ICT or Non-ICT IPPT, or defaulted on IPPT do you need to serve 10x RT in the following window. This is in the IPPT FAQs on ns.sg

So i am not sure why Year 4 in your example was 10x RT rather than 10x IPT, that might be the previous, outdated system.
Year 5 would just be 10x IPT for you.

guys.. 3 question

1st question:
Year 1 - 1st IPPT band 0, 2nd IPPT band1 = Pass?
Year 2 - 1st IPPT (must be band 1), 2nd IPPT band2 = Pass?
Year 3 - 1st IPPT (must be band 2), 2nd IPPT band 3 = Pass?

Correct?

2nd question:
Year 1 - 1st IPPT band 0, 2nd IPPT band2 = Pass
Year 2 - 1st IPPT (must be band 2, cannot be band 0/1), 2nd IPPT band3 = Pass?

my 2nd year IPPT must be at least band 2 cannot be band 0/1 right?

Where to get the band informations?

3rd question, IPPT workyear go by April 2016 to March 2017 for 2016 work year?

Last edited:

battledome64

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi guys any tips for 2.4km? I need to achieve 14 min 30 seconds

I currently can clock 1.2km in 7 mins but 2.4 I can't do on 14 mins

I am training based on 2 'mins every 400 m for 6 intervals

[V]edor

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I had completed my 8th session of RT, which is a RT-IPPT. I managed to pass my RT-IPPT.

But then on the system, it shows that for 19 Nov, i had attended my RT-IPPT but on the upcoming 22 Nov, the system show that i have yet another RT-IPPT.

Why is that so?

sillyb0y

Master Member
Reaction score

train how many week already? 1 week how many time?

[V]edor

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

I actually started training 1 month ago, for this 2.4km.

So basically, I run every alternate day. The tip is progressive training, just do your very best for each run on each alternate day.

My last RT-IPPT, I ran 12 min 41 sec for 2.4km

Calander

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I had completed my 8th session of RT, which is a RT-IPPT. I managed to pass my RT-IPPT.

But then on the system, it shows that for 19 Nov, i had attended my RT-IPPT but on the upcoming 22 Nov, the system show that i have yet another RT-IPPT.

Why is that so?

will need to wait till probably today or tomorrow for the system to be updated.

[V]edor

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
will need to wait till probably today or tomorrow for the system to be updated.

Something weird is going on. Around 9am to 10am, I saw the system updated saying i have not completed my RT requirement but my RT IPPT is a pass.

Then around 1120am, I saw that the system updated saying I have completed my RT requirement.

Now I feel paranoid, because what if the system updated itself saying I have not completed the RT requirement.

By then if I am charged can i show the screenshot of the system saying I have completed my RT requirement to the officer?

Calander

Reaction score
Something weird is going on. Around 9am to 10am, I saw the system updated saying i have not completed my RT requirement but my RT IPPT is a pass.

Then around 1120am, I saw that the system updated saying I have completed my RT requirement.

Now I feel paranoid, because what if the system updated itself saying I have not completed the RT requirement.

By then if I am charged can i show the screenshot of the system saying I have completed my RT requirement to the officer?

best is to just take a screenshot of it, and remember to keep your RT-IPPT result slip.

xSieghartx

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, how long before Mindef credits the incentive into your account after you complete your IPPT?

[V]edor

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
best is to just take a screenshot of it, and remember to keep your RT-IPPT result slip.

Alamak i think i lost my RT IPPT slip but in the system got reflect my RT IPPT result.

At 3pm, i received a sms saying I had fulfil my RT requirement.

Calander

Reaction score
Alamak i think i lost my RT IPPT slip but in the system got reflect my RT IPPT result.

At 3pm, i received a sms saying I had fulfil my RT requirement.

congrats on clearing your window. now is waiting for the new window for u.

casvel

Reaction score
Need some clarification on this, apologize if this was answered as I could not find any recent info.

I understand that if I attempt once and fail IPPT in my current window, I will have to go for 20 RT in my next window.
*1 IPPT attempt(current window) + 20 RT sessions(next window)= 21 sessions within 2 windows

But if I opted for 10 IPT sessions in my current window (assuming cannot pass IPPT), do I have to go for 20 RT in my next window? Or can I opt for 10 IPT sessions again?
*10 IPT sessions(current window) + 20 RT sessions(next window)= 30 sessions within 2 windows?
OR
*10 IPT sessions(current window) + 10 IPT sessions(next window)= 20 sessions within 2 windows?

Thanks in advance!

Deunamist

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, how many RTs can you skip? I've already skipped two in a row this cycle but I went for 4 sessions after that. Feel like skipping today also because I've been working nonstop since last night. I didn't expect to and if I had known I would have just cancelled. The system is a bit inflexible as it doesn't allow you to cancel on the day itself.

MeowEatsFish

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, how many RTs can you skip? I've already skipped two in a row this cycle but I went for 4 sessions after that. Feel like skipping today also because I've been working nonstop since last night. I didn't expect to and if I had known I would have just cancelled. The system is a bit inflexible as it doesn't allow you to cancel on the day itself.

I asked before , no limit on that :s12:

Only thing is must complete all RT sessions or get charged :vijayadmin:

Deunamist

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
oooh that's nice to hear. i'm in my 5th session only so i don't want to get barred from booking. thanks!

mickeycena

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi, I going to complete my IPT session. Only last session which is the IPT-IPPT. Can I book the time slot under normal ippt booking? Because if I book under IPPT, it doesn't appear as "IPT-IPPT". Please advise thank you.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.