SAF IPPT, IPT & RT Questions...

deathblade82

Reaction score
Hi, I going to complete my IPT session. Only last session which is the IPT-IPPT. Can I book the time slot under normal ippt booking? Because if I book under IPPT, it doesn't appear as "IPT-IPPT". Please advise thank you.

Just book as per a normal IPT. But when in pro, just tell the counter lady/guy that you are doing IPT-IPPT.

junren88

Reaction score
Need some clarification on this, apologize if this was answered as I could not find any recent info.

I understand that if I attempt once and fail IPPT in my current window, I will have to go for 20 RT in my next window.
*1 IPPT attempt(current window) + 20 RT sessions(next window)= 21 sessions within 2 windows

But if I opted for 10 IPT sessions in my current window (assuming cannot pass IPPT), do I have to go for 20 RT in my next window? Or can I opt for 10 IPT sessions again?
*10 IPT sessions(current window) + 20 RT sessions(next window)= 30 sessions within 2 windows?
OR
*10 IPT sessions(current window) + 10 IPT sessions(next window)= 20 sessions within 2 windows?

Thanks in advance!

If you fail your IPPT this window and didn't clear the 10 sessions IPT, you will need to attend 20 sessions of RT next window. But the 20 sessions will minus the number of IPPT attempts you have taken this window. So for example, if you have attempted 3 IPPTs, it will be 20-3=17.

As for IPT, as long as you completed the 10 required sessions, you are considered cleared for the window - meaning to say you don't have to take RT the next window. But if you didn't passed your IPPT and didn't managed to clock 10 sessions of IPT, you will still need to attend RT the next window less the number of IPTs attended. So for example, if you attended only 7 IPTs instead of 10, you will need to attend 20-7=13 RTs the next window.

And take note that for RT, it is always to pay back your 'debt' for the last window. So you will still need to clear your current window (either by passing IPPT or IPT) even after finishing your RT.

plmokn

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
pass with incentive is $200? how come i only see 195.2?? anyone know?

LMStar

Reaction score
Hey guys, how many RTs can you skip? I've already skipped two in a row this cycle but I went for 4 sessions after that. Feel like skipping today also because I've been working nonstop since last night. I didn't expect to and if I had known I would have just cancelled. The system is a bit inflexible as it doesn't allow you to cancel on the day itself.
Clear it asap, getting charged is totally not worth it

mickeycena

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just book as per a normal IPT. But when in pro, just tell the counter lady/guy that you are doing IPT-IPPT.

Oh shiat, I called up minded and they tell me to book IPPT section... can I still tell the counter lady I taking IPT ippt too?

casvel

Reaction score
If you fail your IPPT this window and didn't clear the 10 sessions IPT, you will need to attend 20 sessions of RT next window. But the 20 sessions will minus the number of IPPT attempts you have taken this window. So for example, if you have attempted 3 IPPTs, it will be 20-3=17.

As for IPT, as long as you completed the 10 required sessions, you are considered cleared for the window - meaning to say you don't have to take RT the next window. But if you didn't passed your IPPT and didn't managed to clock 10 sessions of IPT, you will still need to attend RT the next window less the number of IPTs attended. So for example, if you attended only 7 IPTs instead of 10, you will need to attend 20-7=13 RTs the next window.

And take note that for RT, it is always to pay back your 'debt' for the last window. So you will still need to clear your current window (either by passing IPPT or IPT) even after finishing your RT.

I see, its good to know they will count the attended IPT sessions. Thanks a lot for the detailed explanation!

deathblade82

Reaction score
Oh shiat, I called up minded and they tell me to book IPPT section... can I still tell the counter lady I taking IPT ippt too?

If you do the booking correctly, the 1st and last session of IPT, they system will reflect as IPT-IPPT. Don't understand why they ask you go book as normal IPPT.

firezero10

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Going for ipt today. If the system didn't say no test means there is ippt conducted? This is my first ipt session.

freedom-strike

Reaction score
Hi.. So i officially turned 30 today, but seems like there was no notification reminder sms that my ippt window is open and i'm required to attempt it, like how i've always received all these past years.

From what i know, for all those whose birthday are nearing, they will receive the notification reminder sms, isn't it?

So if i do not receive the sms, am i still required to attempt ippt?

Need to take IPPT every year until you MR unless you are medically excused.
They never SMS (remind) you, doesn't mean no need to take IPPT.

Upon logging into my NS Portal, I got this:

"You are in new policy window. Your current IPPT/IPT window is from 10 Dec 2016 to 9 Dec 2017.

You have NOT ATTEMPTED your IPPT for the period from 10 Dec 2016 to 9 Dec 2017.

Please ATTEMPT and PASS your IPPT by 9 Dec 2017, otherwise you will need to take RT in your next birthday window."

For the new system they don't send sms reminder anymore like they used to? They say that means can attempt and take right?

Calander

Reaction score
Upon logging into my NS Portal, I got this:

"You are in new policy window. Your current IPPT/IPT window is from 10 Dec 2016 to 9 Dec 2017.

You have NOT ATTEMPTED your IPPT for the period from 10 Dec 2016 to 9 Dec 2017.

Please ATTEMPT and PASS your IPPT by 9 Dec 2017, otherwise you will need to take RT in your next birthday window."

For the new system they don't send sms reminder anymore like they used to? They say that means can attempt and take right?

by right u should be receiving an sms stating that your new window is now open. Nevertheless, u can proceed with your attempts already.

Nicholas92

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Are you sure on this?

ITretard

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Eh guys.. I forgotten about RT. I failed my IPT last year during reservist. I haven't clear. Plus I cannot book this year IPT. So does this means I will get charge twice? My window closes January. No time clear all 19. How ah?

bhx_sg

Reaction score
RT IPT in same window

Right now I am doing RT for IPPT default from 21/Feb/2015 to 20/Feb/2016.

Does it means that I need to complete 20 RT and fulfill IPT requirements before 20/Feb/2017 to prevent being called up for RT again for failing to pass ippt from 21/Feb/2016 to 20/Feb/2017?

Any chance i can start IPT two days after 20th RT session?

Can anyone share the link for IPT banding?

Melpzg

Master Member
Reaction score
Hope someone can answer my question.
I receive MR cert (effective april 2017)
My bday is end dec and i cleared my ippt for 2016 cycle yesterday.

So between my bday 2016 to april 2017, do i still need to clear ippt?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.