HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

SAF IPPT, IPT & RT Questions...

Like Tree652Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-05-2013, 07:47 PM   #31

the whole purpose of this IPT system is such that they lowered the standards so that you can attempt to pass the IPT standards and exit it. No requirement to attend full 10 sessions unless you want to continue to RT for last 3 months.

Anyway, have been attending RT lessons since ORD Yr 2005 and only last yr try this new IPT system attended 10 sessions and clear under band 1. This yr band 2 target so...sigh.
Errr. Are u sure u can just go for 1 session of ipt? I think u will get charged as an ipt defaulter...
mustsic likes this.
aircraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2013, 07:58 PM   #32
Great Supremacy Member

Errr. Are u sure u can just go for 1 session of ipt? I think u will get charged as an ipt defaulter...
Ipt is a voluntary program. No 1 get charged for defaulting it.

Only defaulting Rt and Ippt will get charged.
mustsic likes this.
vasilli07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2013, 08:26 PM   #33

Ipt is a voluntary program. No 1 get charged for defaulting it.

Only defaulting Rt and Ippt will get charged.
Oh, Ya. Only 1st time will.
mustsic likes this.

Last edited by aircraft; 22-05-2013 at 08:29 PM..
Old 22-05-2013, 10:27 PM   #34

A quick one folks, kanna charge for not going to IPT or RT, how much is the fine? care to list out? tks.
mustsic likes this.
tsaieh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2013, 11:05 PM   #35
Great Supremacy Member

A quick one folks, kanna charge for not going to IPT or RT, how much is the fine? care to list out? tks.
Fine also depends on rank and the number of times u kenna charged. Min is $50 if u pte, x2 for 2nd time and 3x for 3rd time.
mustsic likes this.
vasilli07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2013, 11:07 PM   #36

the whole purpose of this IPT system is such that they lowered the standards so that you can attempt to pass the IPT standards and exit it. No requirement to attend full 10 sessions unless you want to continue to RT for last 3 months.

Anyway, have been attending RT lessons since ORD Yr 2005 and only last yr try this new IPT system attended 10 sessions and clear under band 1. This yr band 2 target so...sigh.
If you fail your PPT band 2 this yr, go for RT for 8 times, you will be demoted to band 1 next yr rite?
mustsic likes this.
Jacky2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2013, 11:43 PM   #37
Supremacy Member

If you fail your PPT band 2 this yr, go for RT for 8 times, you will be demoted to band 1 next yr rite?
nope... the band will still keep increasing by one...
mustsic likes this.
j_t_fusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2013, 12:07 AM   #38

Wow. Din know the rules are so flexible and can be negotiated. Wanna see how MINDEF handles this. Many NSmen are watching.

Well, we'll see. I've sent my appeal liao. Don't want to default my IPPT and be charged if I know I can't complete 20 lessons for the next three months. I am not waiving the entire RT but asking for a reduction to 8 lessons since time is not favourable on my end. I had friends who are charged as IPPT defaulter and negotiated to join straight to second phase RT instead so why not. You never try, you never know.
mustsic likes this.
ah_cheng1882 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2013, 01:16 AM   #39

Wow. Din know the rules are so flexible and can be negotiated. Wanna see how MINDEF handles this. Many NSmen are watching.
Whats there to watch? Its not a matter of flexibilty but case to case basis. Just like ict deferment request leh. If I get the reduction, it doesn't mean the nxt person who follow suit will automatically get the same results. Worse come to worse, suck thumb and try to complete 20 lessons lor. Simple as that.
mustsic likes this.
viksim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2013, 01:16 AM   #40

Don't think its a matter of flexiblity but case by case basis like ict deferment. If i manged to get thru, does not mean the nxt person who follow suit will automatically get the same results right? Worse come to worse, at the most suck thumb and try to complete 20 lessons lor. So what's there to watch?
mustsic likes this.
Old 23-05-2013, 07:39 AM   #41

Ict deferment is different. We have to pay back. In this case, you decided not to go for ipt sessions. Now u wanna convert 20 rt sessions into 8 ipt sessions. From 28 sessions to 8 sessions. Is this fair if u can skirt the rules? Who in mindef can grant such exemptions?

Whats there to watch? Its not a matter of flexibilty but case to case basis. Just like ict deferment request leh. If I get the reduction, it doesn't mean the nxt person who follow suit will automatically get the same results. Worse come to worse, suck thumb and try to complete 20 lessons lor. Simple as that.
mustsic likes this.
Old 23-05-2013, 08:05 AM   #42

Don't think its a matter of flexiblity but case by case basis like ict deferment. If i manged to get thru, does not mean the nxt person who follow suit will automatically get the same results right? Worse come to worse, at the most suck thumb and try to complete 20 lessons lor. So what's there to watch?
Watching because We are working on precedence. More so for Case to case basis, as your situation is extremely common among NS MEN ...

Most probably they will ask u attend first, then apply for extension to complete 20 sessions.
mustsic likes this.
Old 23-05-2013, 08:46 AM   #43

Ict deferment is different. We have to pay back. In this case, you decided not to go for ipt sessions. Now u wanna convert 20 rt sessions into 8 ipt sessions. From 28 sessions to 8 sessions. Is this fair if u can skirt the rules? Who in mindef can grant such exemptions?
Bro, Ipt is voluntary. U can choose to go for 1 session or 10 sessions. Beats better than to default the entire ippt and be charged right? Fair or not, its up to mindef. Like i said, if my reason is not valid, suck thumb lor.
mustsic likes this.
Old 23-05-2013, 08:55 AM   #44

Oh ok. I'm also getting my keys soon. So I will use that to 'exchange' 20 rt for 8 ipt. Fair to u? Of course it's up to mindef to decide. But if anyone dares to grant such exemptions, he/she better be prepared to face the backlash.

Bro, Ipt is voluntary. U can choose to go for 1 session or 10 sessions. Beats better than to default the entire ippt and be charged right? Fair or not, its up to mindef. Like i said, if my reason is not valid, suck thumb lor.
mustsic likes this.
Old 23-05-2013, 08:59 AM   #45

Watching because We are working on precedence. More so for Case to case basis, as your situation is extremely common among NS MEN ...

Most probably they will ask u attend first, then apply for extension to complete 20 sessions.
Definitely I will be attending the RT lessons first, extension is another solution for me.
mustsic likes this.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.