HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

SAF IPPT, IPT & RT Questions...

Like Tree671Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25-03-2016, 02:59 PM   #4486
Great Supremacy Member

I believe if you are already required to go for RT, then you can only take it on the 8th RT session.
vasilli07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2016, 08:39 AM   #4487

I just realised I forgot to cancel my IPT sessions which I have booked few months ago. I was marked absent 3 times already. What will happen to me?
nothing. because IPT is a voluntarily.
Calander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2016, 02:03 PM   #4488

I am intending to take my IPPT (NS-Men here) at SAFRA soon, does anyone know if you can listen to music while running on the treadmill?
YYS1995 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2016, 02:49 PM   #4489

I am intending to take my IPPT (NS-Men here) at SAFRA soon, does anyone know if you can listen to music while running on the treadmill?
no listen to music while on a test.
idjekyll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2016, 10:02 AM   #4490

I wont pass my ippt and hence can i just approach the PTI during push up station and ask him to put 0 for me?
chirppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2016, 12:10 PM   #4491

IPPT at Safra Tampines

Guys, I need information in regards of Safra IPPT test(3 test). Do you know how the system if I took at Safra Tampines? Is it machine detector for sit-up or is it the old one type? How many instructor will be there for the sit-up?
DJNOUT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2016, 12:39 PM   #4492

RE: IPT Questions

Hi there, first time posting here because there are some things that I'm unsure with the new IPT system.

1. So the old system used to be 10 IPT and then 8 RT if you did not pass your PPT standards. However I was reading up on the new system and the Annex D (couldn't post link)

Q14: What are the changes to the IPPT Preparatory Training (IPT)?
Ans: The IPT programme will continue to be available to NSmen who need help with IPPT training. Participants will be able to exit the progamme upon meeting their Personal Performance Targets (PPTs). To better recognise the efforts put in by NSmen to train for IPPT, service pay for IPT programme will be accorded to all NSmen with effect from 1 Apr 2015. NSmen who complete the requisite 10 sessions of IPT within the IPPT window but fail to meet PPTs will no longer be subject to 8 sessions of RT. To motivate NSmen to participate in as many IPT sessions as they can, NSmen who did not complete the IPT will be subject to 20-D sessions of RT in the next window, where D is equal to the number of IPT sessions that the NSmen have participated in, in the preceding 12-month window. NSmen who default IPT will be liable for 20 sessions of RT during their 12-month RT window.

So it writes here that if I complete my 10 IPT sessions by my birthday window e.g my birthday was 1 July 2015 so I I clear 10 sessions of IPT by 1 July 2016, I clear my IPPT obligations for this window? So the next window 1 July 2016 to 1 July 2017, it will be the same process e.g pass IPPT or go for IPT but without the 8 RT sessions?

2. Just a quick question, so the current window is 12 months right? Because 9 months is almost up and I hope I got the information right.

3. I'm thinking of IPT in the Park because of location issues and the parks seem closer. So a few questions: do they count towards your IPT sessions and if yes, what's the IPT in the Park like e.g process, training type and durations?

Once again, thank you. It's really hard to be sure of the new system because there's a lot of conflicting information and outdated information around.
jeffthepotato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2016, 01:49 PM   #4493
Master Member

Hi there, first time posting here because there are some things that I'm unsure with the new IPT system.

1. So the old system used to be 10 IPT and then 8 RT if you did not pass your PPT standards. However I was reading up on the new system and the Annex D (couldn't post link)

Q14: What are the changes to the IPPT Preparatory Training (IPT)?
Ans: The IPT programme will continue to be available to NSmen who need help with IPPT training. Participants will be able to exit the progamme upon meeting their Personal Performance Targets (PPTs). To better recognise the efforts put in by NSmen to train for IPPT, service pay for IPT programme will be accorded to all NSmen with effect from 1 Apr 2015. NSmen who complete the requisite 10 sessions of IPT within the IPPT window but fail to meet PPTs will no longer be subject to 8 sessions of RT. To motivate NSmen to participate in as many IPT sessions as they can, NSmen who did not complete the IPT will be subject to 20-D sessions of RT in the next window, where D is equal to the number of IPT sessions that the NSmen have participated in, in the preceding 12-month window. NSmen who default IPT will be liable for 20 sessions of RT during their 12-month RT window.

So it writes here that if I complete my 10 IPT sessions by my birthday window e.g my birthday was 1 July 2015 so I I clear 10 sessions of IPT by 1 July 2016, I clear my IPPT obligations for this window? So the next window 1 July 2016 to 1 July 2017, it will be the same process e.g pass IPPT or go for IPT but without the 8 RT sessions?

2. Just a quick question, so the current window is 12 months right? Because 9 months is almost up and I hope I got the information right.

3. I'm thinking of IPT in the Park because of location issues and the parks seem closer. So a few questions: do they count towards your IPT sessions and if yes, what's the IPT in the Park like e.g process, training type and durations?

Once again, thank you. It's really hard to be sure of the new system because there's a lot of conflicting information and outdated information around.
10 ipt session only and u're cleared for that work year.
Yes, IPT - 12 months
Park is counted...but don't have different groups. run few rounds then do circuit training for 1hour.....then 15mins for inpro, outpro, warm-up, cooldown.
wongminmin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2016, 05:05 PM   #4494

10 ipt session only and u're cleared for that work year.
Yes, IPT - 12 months
Park is counted...but don't have different groups. run few rounds then do circuit training for 1hour.....then 15mins for inpro, outpro, warm-up, cooldown.
Thanks very much for your help!
jeffthepotato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2016, 05:49 PM   #4495

no listen to music while on a test.
Shucks. I guess it's for safety reasons, in case they need to convey any instructions. Ah well, have to hum along T.T
YYS1995 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2016, 12:22 PM   #4496

I wont pass my ippt and hence can i just approach the PTI during push up station and ask him to put 0 for me?
You still have to do but if you cannot do anymore then just stop. Cisco pti won't be so on as to ask you to push. Cannot means cannot mah.
Old 29-03-2016, 02:28 PM   #4497

Hi,

I am unsure about the new system. My bday falls in Sep, and my last and final ICT is this coming May. My unit mentioned last year that there will be not ICT-IPPT starting this ICT (more for the newer guys).

So I am aiming to take my IPPT after the ICT as the work year closes next year March, as I understand.

In the event that I fail my IPPT, do I still need to complete RT? Am a bit confused.
My RT window will be from Sep 2016 to Aug 2017, and the MR date is expected to be at 31st March 2017.

Thanks!
momoeagle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2016, 07:55 AM   #4498
Great Supremacy Member

Don't need to go for RT. Your name should be in the MR list a week or 2 in Apr 17.
momoeagle likes this.
vasilli07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2016, 12:12 PM   #4499

Hi,

I am unsure about the new system. My bday falls in Sep, and my last and final ICT is this coming May. My unit mentioned last year that there will be not ICT-IPPT starting this ICT (more for the newer guys).

So I am aiming to take my IPPT after the ICT as the work year closes next year March, as I understand.

In the event that I fail my IPPT, do I still need to complete RT? Am a bit confused.
My RT window will be from Sep 2016 to Aug 2017, and the MR date is expected to be at 31st March 2017.

Thanks!
Congratulations on your MR status. You've made it!
Old 30-03-2016, 05:15 PM   #4500
Supremacy Member

If i miss the IPPT session that i booked but im still within my IPPT window, will anything happen?
Audiology93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.