HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

SAF IPPT, IPT & RT Questions...

Like Tree664Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29-01-2019, 10:41 PM   #6466

Hi all got some questions on IPPT, IPT & RT.

1. Does taking my IPPT during my ICT count as having taken my IPPT(pass or fail) if it is during my IPPT window period?

2. I heard from my friend who is studying in NUS that becos he is in an IHL, he is excused from RT. Does it count for me since I am studying full time at SIM now?

3. If the answer to qn 1 is yes and I failed the ICT IPPT, can I just go ahead and book IPT before my window closes to be safe from the RT sessions?

Thanks for the answering. Will try again to look through ns.sg to find the answers although the last time I couldnt get any...
1. Yes.

2. I don't think any IHL is exempt from RT at all. Am not 100% sure on this, can some other NSKB veterans please confirm?

3. Yes.
Yukikaze_88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2019, 08:57 AM   #6467

1. Yes.

2. I don't think any IHL is exempt from RT at all. Am not 100% sure on this, can some other NSKB veterans please confirm?

3. Yes.
the post that u replied was from year 2013. N i think IHL are excused from IPPT. That NSmen can check via NS Portal if they are required to complete the window.
Calander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2019, 01:48 AM   #6468

Sry i got a noob qns, can't seem to find the ans online: if i failed my ippt and have been training intensely on my own but my window is over, can i directly book and pass the ippt next window instead of going through all the RTs? Do i have really have to go through all the RTs?

P.S i am also affected by the ippt shutdown and my window will end before i am ready to book and attempt
giantsquid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2019, 01:55 PM   #6469

the post that u replied was from year 2013. N i think IHL are excused from IPPT. That NSmen can check via NS Portal if they are required to complete the window.
Oops! I must have not been looking at the latest posts when I was replying... thanks for the clarification, regardless.
Yukikaze_88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2019, 02:53 PM   #6470

Sry i got a noob qns, can't seem to find the ans online: if i failed my ippt and have been training intensely on my own but my window is over, can i directly book and pass the ippt next window instead of going through all the RTs? Do i have really have to go through all the RTs?

P.S i am also affected by the ippt shutdown and my window will end before i am ready to book and attempt
when there are cases of shutdowns, the time given to clear your window will be extended accordingly. do call your unit for clarifications.

if unit were to insist u perform RT, sad to say that u can only do RT-IPPT on your 8th session
Old 01-02-2019, 08:23 PM   #6471
Arch-Supremacy Member

You cannot book IPPT directly in your current window if you failed IPPT in the last window.

You will need to attend RT in which sessions 8,14 &18 are RT-IPPTs.
So minimally you will need to complete 7 sessions of RT before you can take your first IPPT. If you pass you will not be required to complete the remaining RT sessions.
The only exception is ICT-IPPT. So if you have an ICT in your current window, you can take the IPPT conducted there and be relieved of your RT obligations if you pass.

The best course of action now would be to call your unit (through NS hotline) to extend your previous window so you can still book your IPPT.

Sent from OnePlus ONEPLUS A3003 using GAGT

Last edited by EmPtYsOuLz; 01-02-2019 at 08:25 PM..
EmPtYsOuLz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2019, 10:21 PM   #6472

Current Window: IPPT
You can opt to complete IPT Program to meet your IPPT requirements by
22 May 2019.

Hi, if i fail ippt i have to complete 20 rt sessions before the stated date?
DualForm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2019, 11:48 PM   #6473

Current Window: IPPT
You can opt to complete IPT Program to meet your IPPT requirements by
22 May 2019.

Hi, if i fail ippt i have to complete 20 rt sessions before the stated date?
Yes

Or you can take IPT 10 sessions only.
Old 11-02-2019, 01:44 PM   #6474

Anyone knows if can drive in to Khatib Camp for RT? Anything to take note? Heading there for my 1st RT 😨
leeslayerex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2019, 04:52 PM   #6475

Anyone knows if can drive in to Khatib Camp for RT? Anything to take note? Heading there for my 1st RT 😨
Can drive In, but if you stay nearby, I rather you take bus directly drop at the door step
PleaseDontBanMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2019, 09:27 PM   #6476

Can drive In, but if you stay nearby, I rather you take bus directly drop at the door step
Heading over directly from work. Gotta drive if not Iíll be late. Hahaha thanks.
leeslayerex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 01:01 PM   #6477

This is re: IPT

Anyone know if 10th session die die need to be IPPT?
Can i do the 10th session as IPT in the park? Will still be counted?

By right only need 1 attempt for IPPT right per window
chrisongtj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2019, 01:44 AM   #6478
Arch-Supremacy Member

1st & 10th IPT needs to have 'IPT-IPPT' or else not counted for that session.

Old 13-02-2019, 08:58 AM   #6479

1st n 10th needs to be IPT-IPPT.

if failing to make the 10th session an IPPT, u will be deemed not cleared your window and considered as "IPPT Failure".

However, if never attempt 1 IPPT session, u will be charged as "IPPT Defaulter".

See - https://www.ns.sg/web/portal/nsmen/h...efaulting-ippt
Yukikaze_88 likes this.
Old Yesterday, 04:53 AM   #6480

Hi all If I book rt but forget to come for just 1 day only. Is it ok. you miss 1 day. or unable to turn out due to some personal issue u had.
veltix is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.