SAF IPPT, IPT & RT Questions...

Papercat

Reaction score
Anyone know if there is any limit between IPPT attempts across windows (e.g. if take and clear IPPT 1 month before window closes, then cannot take IPPT within X months of new window opening)? I recall there was something like that last time but cannot find anything online now.

Asking cos I cleared my IPPT last month, but I have reservist IPPT in early Mar and my new window opens the day before ICT inpro. Not sure if still need to take IPPT during ICT since my last window attempt was very recent.

i.Singaporean

Reaction score
Anyone know if there is any limit between IPPT attempts across windows (e.g. if take and clear IPPT 1 month before window closes, then cannot take IPPT within X months of new window opening)? I recall there was something like that last time but cannot find anything online now.

Asking cos I cleared my IPPT last month, but I have reservist IPPT in early Mar and my new window opens the day before ICT inpro. Not sure if still need to take IPPT during ICT since my last window attempt was very recent.
Nope, a few of my friends did that :s13:

Clear IPPT for current window a week or two before birthday
Book IPPT ASAP when new window open after your birthday

Calander

Reaction score

no issue. your DOB is the date to start over again

flowerpalms

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
for FCC, seems like the Saturday timing is later now. used to start at 4.30pm-5pm now is start at 6pm/7pm slots and most probably even later to wait for more people. which means will end into the night. so if you dont like the late timings, grab the morning slots at 9.30am

Last edited:

flowerpalms

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone know why the FIT timing is now later than IPT? Last time IPT is 4pm now FIT is 6pm? At FCC

flowerpalms

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Got a letter to go for non-ICT ippt in Mar, the thing is I have test that day at school.
Should I defer or just go for the ippt? How long does the deferment usually take?

Also, is it true that you get paid for going for FIT? I went for some sessions already haven't received any payment.
Got letter one meh? If cannot go for ippt then book another date

cassowary18

Reaction score
Got a letter to go for non-ICT ippt in Mar, the thing is I have test that day at school.
Should I defer or just go for the ippt? How long does the deferment usually take?

Also, is it true that you get paid for going for FIT? I went for some sessions already haven't received any payment.
Got, wait for a week or so.

Zetrio2006

Master Member
Reaction score
Didnt know that FIT session in park is so xiong until got NSmen collapse :s14:

Not anti mask. But some people wear mask till too tight already until cannot breathe well.

You look at football. So many collapses all of a sudden. Imagine if your body didn't breathe well for the whole day and still have to run for 90 min, what do you think will happen?

Yukikaze_88

Reaction score
Anyone know why the FIT timing is now later than IPT? Last time IPT is 4pm now FIT is 6pm? At FCC
I've been doing IPT/FIT for a few years already, and yes there's a trend towards it going later. I remember at least the 4.30/5.30pm ish days, and then after a series of high-profile safety incidents (collapses largely, and the late Aloysius Pang's case), there was a SAF-wide safety review and I believe this was one of the effects - something to do with reducing the risk from heat injuries, since late afternoon can be VERY hot.

There was only 7pm bookings on Sat for quite a while, and according to the OC at my FCC sometime in 2019 or 2020, they were already looking into opening back up the earlier sessions because 'a lot of NSmen gave feedback'... then COVID came, and there were more NSmen than available slots, plus SMM and everything... which resulted in the introduction of NS FIT and reinstatement of an 'earlier' slot at 6pm now.

flowerpalms

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I've been doing IPT/FIT for a few years already, and yes there's a trend towards it going later. I remember at least the 4.30/5.30pm ish days, and then after a series of high-profile safety incidents (collapses largely, and the late Aloysius Pang's case), there was a SAF-wide safety review and I believe this was one of the effects - something to do with reducing the risk from heat injuries, since late afternoon can be VERY hot.

There was only 7pm bookings on Sat for quite a while, and according to the OC at my FCC sometime in 2019 or 2020, they were already looking into opening back up the earlier sessions because 'a lot of NSmen gave feedback'... then COVID came, and there were more NSmen than available slots, plus SMM and everything... which resulted in the introduction of NS FIT and reinstatement of an 'earlier' slot at 6pm now.
But even the morning slots also start later. Now for FCC is like 9am, 9.30am on Sat morning. I rmbr last time IPT for Sat morning slots is earlier. I also from IPT last time when still 5 station. 3 station I pass. But I have to go for FIT this window because I failed my ippt last year . But anyway I going to MR this coming May

flowerpalms

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Not anti mask. But some people wear mask till too tight already until cannot breathe well.

You look at football. So many collapses all of a sudden. Imagine if your body didn't breathe well for the whole day and still have to run for 90 min, what do you think will happen?
Why push so hard? 95% of those FIT people just go through the motion only. 9 sessions + 1 ippt just chop chop get it done and over with even if you book 2 sessions per month, can clear in 5 months .we are not nsf anymore ffs

crumpler ish jin expensiv

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Why push so hard? 95% of those FIT people just go through the motion only. 9 sessions + 1 ippt just chop chop get it done and over with even if you book 2 sessions per month, can clear in 5 months .we are not nsf anymore ffs
Agree. We have family to go home to.
No longer 18 or 19 anymore.

alchemist_acid

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Confirm something:
NS Fit session at FCC on Tues/Wed/Thu 19:00 will have IPPT slot right?
NS Fit session at home need to wear shoe?

flowerpalms

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Already give you convenience to do at home . Still take for granted

把方便当随便 随随便便

Dialga

Reaction score
i just wanna complete my ns fit but fit@home sessions keep getting cancelled every week... come on saf :mad:

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.