SAF IPPT, IPT & RT Questions...

Nuclear Boy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
ohh so you don’t always get to choose ur tag?
Sometimes first session, I get assigned to Brown Tag, even though I select Green.
But otherwise, I'll get into the group of my choice as long as there is vacancy.

Green tag is for those bui bui bmi above 27 . You skinny skinny in that group you buay pai seh meh? Later kanna f by the Cisco trainer ah
No joke, saw one skinny guy (looked borderline underweight) join us before. Trainer also felt suspicious and asked if his BMI >27. He said yes, and the trainer looked doubtful but let him join anyway.

awesomania

Reaction score
Hi all - those who attended NS FIT @ home before, could you please share anything to take note/prepare? managed to book 1 session thus wants to understand more. Normally it will be 1 hr session?

Xgelis

Reaction score
Hi all - those who attended NS FIT @ home before, could you please share anything to take note/prepare? managed to book 1 session thus wants to understand more. Normally it will be 1 hr session?
Including the briefing and all, usually 45min to 1hour, depends on which day it is.
Mon & Tue = Cardio Blast (Full body workout)
Wed & Thur = Power Punch (Basically boxing just upper body)
Sat = Solid Base (?? Never attended before)
Sunday = 3R aka yoga (Super relaxing)
If you have a exercise / yoga mat that'll be great. Standby a water bottle and a towel.

NS FIT @ Home is conducted via Zoom, so get the meeting details from your NS Portal.
Must be in camera frame throughout session, mic mute.
If need to leave camera view, inform trainer in advance, otherwise attendance will be an issue.
The rest of the rules they will spam before the session start in Zoom, so join early if first time.

awesomania

Reaction score
Including the briefing and all, usually 45min to 1hour, depends on which day it is.
Mon & Tue = Cardio Blast (Full body workout)
Wed & Thur = Power Punch (Basically boxing just upper body)
Sat = Solid Base (?? Never attended before)
Sunday = 3R aka yoga (Super relaxing)
If you have a exercise / yoga mat that'll be great. Standby a water bottle and a towel.

NS FIT @ Home is conducted via Zoom, so get the meeting details from your NS Portal.
Must be in camera frame throughout session, mic mute.
If need to leave camera view, inform trainer in advance, otherwise attendance will be an issue.
The rest of the rules they will spam before the session start in Zoom, so join early if first time.

Thank you for your prompt reply!! sounds like sunday is the best slot :)

chanmalichanheyhey

Master Member
Reaction score
You need to see if your are in the ippt or mandatory window.

If you are in the ippt window by all means go up show your face and just anyhow do the 2 stations. When it's time for 2.4 the trainers will ask all that cannot pass or just here for attendance to outpro.

To answer your second question year 1 is Ippt window, if you fail in year 1, your next window (year 2) is the mandatory window. In your mandatory window you can finish the 10 sessions OR you can pass your ippt and considered window cleared.

But once again you are injured and there is the warmup exercises you need to do. Please take care of your body bro. Don't worsen your injury just because you want to clock your attendance.
if fail ippt during mandatory window and didnt manage to complete FIT session in time , will it be a definite charge?

flowerpalms

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
if fail ippt during mandatory window and didnt manage to complete FIT session in time , will it be a definite charge?
What you mean fail ippt during mandatory window? Ur mandatory window you go for 9 sessions + 1 ippt. The ippt is last and even if fail, is considered clear ur mandatory window.

Unless you mean halfway through ur 9 fit sessions you go and take ippt and fail. Then is still fail as you haven finish ur 9 fit sessions before window end. Then you have to go for ippt again.

Is either you pass ur ippt halfway through ur fit OR

You complete 9 sessions of fit and take ippt. This one pass or fail also clear mandatory window.

Or else is charge

chanmalichanheyhey

Master Member
Reaction score
What you mean fail ippt during mandatory window? Ur mandatory window you go for 9 sessions + 1 ippt. The ippt is last and even if fail, is considered clear ur mandatory window.

Unless you mean halfway through ur 9 fit sessions you go and take ippt and fail. Then is still fail as you haven finish ur 9 fit sessions before window end. Then you have to go for ippt again.

Is either you pass ur ippt halfway through ur fit OR

You complete 9 sessions of fit and take ippt. This one pass or fail also clear mandatory window.

Or else is charge
basically the situation is there is only 3 months to the close to my window and my first ippt attempt is next month. There is definitely not enough time for me to take the 9 FIT.

So it seems like my only option is to pass within this 3 months or die trying if I dont want to get charge?

First time charge is just report to kranji camp and get a warning?

flowerpalms

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
basically the situation is there is only 3 months to the close to my window and my first ippt attempt is next month. There is definitely not enough time for me to take the 9 FIT.

So it seems like my only option is to pass within this 3 months or die trying if I dont want to get charge?

First time charge is just report to kranji camp and get a warning?
Ur current window is ippt or mandatory fit?

Xiao Sinkie

Reaction score
Saw that you are in the mandatory fit window with 3 mths left to clear. That's possible if you book 1 session a week but you also said you are injured.

Maybe get an excuse from the doctor as a mitigating factor? Need more experienced people to chime in.

QuestionNSfit

Reaction score
Hey I have an urgent query, hopefully someone can help.

Currently I am not sure if I am in IPPT window or the 10x NSfit mandatory window. Is there a way I can check?

On the NS Dashboard it says "From Director Manpower, MINDEF: You are in the IPPT window. You have not attempted your IPPT for the current window.

Does that mean it is IPPT window or does it say the same regardless if its IPPT or mandatory Fit window?

If its the latter, I don't think I will be able to finish all 10. Venues have been booked up everywhere from east to west. Been trying to refresh the booking site whenever I have the time.

flowerpalms

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hey I have an urgent query, hopefully someone can help.

Currently I am not sure if I am in IPPT window or the 10x NSfit mandatory window. Is there a way I can check?

On the NS Dashboard it says "From Director Manpower, MINDEF: You are in the IPPT window. You have not attempted your IPPT for the current window.

Does that mean it is IPPT window or does it say the same regardless if its IPPT or mandatory Fit window?

If its the latter, I don't think I will be able to finish all 10. Venues have been booked up everywhere from east to west. Been trying to refresh the booking site whenever I have the time.
Did you pass ur ippt in the last window?

If pass, then ippt window
If fail, mandatory fit

chanmalichanheyhey

Master Member
Reaction score
Then you have to clear 9 sessions + 1 ippt
If not is mandatory fit defaulter and can get charged . Why you don't clear earlier wait until now?
I know its just excuses but I had a wave of kids, 3 yo, 1yo and an infant. 走不开。 and also I was quite confident to pass my ippt if I trained hard or a month.

I guess I can still try my best to pass, but just wondering the consequences if I dont.

flowerpalms

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I know its just excuses but I had a wave of kids, 3 yo, 1yo and an infant. 走不开。 and also I was quite confident to pass my ippt if I trained hard or a month.

I guess I can still try my best to pass, but just wondering the consequences if I dont.
Good luck

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.