SAF IPPT, IPT & RT Questions...

cocopuff

Reaction score
Hi guys, need advice. Failed IPPT last year, because never train at all, so have to do the mandatory NS Fit.

I recently went for my 1st NS Fit at Bedok FCC, and I picked the brown band because it's supposed to help train for IPPT. Anyway, it was really tough training and I had to fall out about 45mins into the session, at that point my head was throbbing already.

Maybe I should have went with a different color to build up first? Haven't worked out in about half a year. My BMI is about 24.4. Any advice? Not sure if Red or Blue would be better in my case.

Nuclear Boy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Maybe I should have went with a different color to build up first? Haven't worked out in about half a year. My BMI is about 24.4. Any advice? Not sure if Red or Blue would be better in my case.
Your BMI not high enough to join Green (weight loss), so Brown is the next best thing.

Red and Blue are a lot more strenuous than Brown. However, I'm not sure if they allow you to join more than one Brown session now, as it used to be IPPT Fam/Prep, and is usually for first and only session. Try ask for Brown again for your next one, see how. Maybe Brown programme has changed to be a standard group and more strenuous since the last time I joined. But R and B group more xiong for sure if don't even have basic fitness (like me).

cocopuff

Reaction score
Your BMI not high enough to join Green (weight loss), so Brown is the next best thing.

Red and Blue are a lot more strenuous than Brown. However, I'm not sure if they allow you to join more than one Brown session now, as it used to be IPPT Fam/Prep, and is usually for first and only session. Try ask for Brown again for your next one, see how. Maybe Brown programme has changed to be a standard group and more strenuous since the last time I joined. But R and B group more xiong for sure if don't even have basic fitness (like me).

I see. When I went, brown was open to everyone, and they did ask if anyone was a first timer and only a few of us raised our hands.

Looks like I'll just persist with brown then. I initially thought of doing 2x sessions a week but didn't expect this level of intensity. Will tone down to 1x with some basic fitness routine at home I guess.

Nuclear Boy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I see. When I went, brown was open to everyone, and they did ask if anyone was a first timer and only a few of us raised our hands.

Looks like I'll just persist with brown then. I initially thought of doing 2x sessions a week but didn't expect this level of intensity. Will tone down to 1x with some basic fitness routine at home I guess.
What did you guys do for Brown?

mliolukiye

Reaction score
Hi I have a question. I attempted ippt during Nov 2020 - Nov 2021 window but failed. So, is it mandatory FIT window or normal ippt window for Nov 2021 - Nov 2022? I'm kinda confused as it doesn't add up and I've read about the waivers for this. Thank you.

And dashboard says

"From Director Manpower, MINDEF: You are in the IPPT window. You have Not Attempted your IPPT for your current window.

Please take your IPPT by X Nov 2022, otherwise you will be subjected to disciplinary action and will need to complete mandatory NS FIT in your next window.

If you require assistance to pass your IPPT, you may opt to complete 10 sessions of NS FIT (which includes one IPPT attempt) to fulfil your annual fitness requirements."

Zetrio2006

Master Member
Reaction score
You need to take ippt after your birthday in Nov.

So the next window Nov 21 to nov 22, you have to take 10 fit sessions. One or the fit sessions is an ippt so you have to finish all or pass to complete.

Nicholas92

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
You need to take ippt after your birthday in Nov.

So the next window Nov 21 to nov 22, you have to take 10 fit sessions. One or the fit sessions is an ippt so you have to finish all or pass to complete.
Now October 2022..

He need to take BEFORE his birthday. Must at least attempt else become defaulter.

If attempt and fail then next window is mandatory FIT window.

If attempt and pass then next window is still IPPT window.

If never attempt, become defaulter and get charged. Then next window is mandatory FIT window.

mliolukiye

Reaction score
Now October 2022..

He need to take BEFORE his birthday. Must at least attempt else become defaulter.

If attempt and fail then next window is mandatory FIT window.

If attempt and pass then next window is still IPPT window.

If never attempt, become defaulter and get charged. Then next window is mandatory FIT window.
I'm just wondering why the dashboard didn't tell me to do my mandatory FIT for Nov 2021 - Nov 2022 since I've failed my ippt in Nov 2020 - Nov 2021 window. Waiver is it?

Anyways I've successfully booked all 9 FIT + 1 IPPT. Just need to finish it before my birthday next month. Thanks all.

Nuclear Boy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I'm just wondering why the dashboard didn't tell me to do my mandatory FIT for Nov 2021 - Nov 2022 since I've failed my ippt in Nov 2020 - Nov 2021 window. Waiver is it?
So it states 'IPPT window' on NS Portal for you currently?

If that's what it is, then just have to attempt IPPT to clear this window. Otherwise, it'd say 'Mandatory FIT' or something like that.

Take a screenshot of your current window type shown on NS Portal if you're worried about being penalised. That is a definitive black-and-white proof.

robgot123

Reaction score
what happens if you default for the first time. some people say you get fined, some say get warning only. I only know confrim must head down to CMPB :(

Nuclear Boy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
what happens if you default for the first time. some people say you get fined, some say get warning only. I only know confrim must head down to CMPB :(
Not necessarily. Could wait till ICT, then unit will charge.

Likewise, warning or fine on case by case basis. Fines for most cases.

mliolukiye

Reaction score
So it states 'IPPT window' on NS Portal for you currently?

If that's what it is, then just have to attempt IPPT to clear this window. Otherwise, it'd say 'Mandatory FIT' or something like that.

Take a screenshot of your current window type shown on NS Portal if you're worried about being penalised. That is a definitive black-and-white proof.
Yes, just IPPT window as stated above. No mention of Mandatory FIT or anything related to it. Good idea, to cover backside.

Nuclear Boy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yes, just IPPT window as stated above. No mention of Mandatory FIT or anything related to it. Good idea, to cover backside.
If that's what it says, then do just that. Not necessary to do more, unless you have time and you want the freedom to choose your itinerary next cycle.

mliolukiye

Reaction score
If that's what it says, then do just that. Not necessary to do more, unless you have time and you want the freedom to choose your itinerary next cycle.
After attending my first NS FIT session, they had updated the dashboard since. So its quite clear now.

"From Director Manpower, MINDEF: You are in the IPPT window. You may choose to pass your IPPT or complete your NS FIT. You have Not Completed your NS FIT for your current window. You have 9 remaining sessions, including an IPPT attempt.

Please complete your 10 NS FIT sessions (inclusive of an IPPT attempt) or pass your IPPT by X Nov 2022, otherwise you will need to complete mandatory NS FIT in your next window.

If you require assistance to pass your IPPT, you may opt to complete 10 sessions of NS FIT (which includes one IPPT attempt) to fulfil your annual fitness requirements."

Nuclear Boy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
After attending my first NS FIT session, they had updated the dashboard since. So its quite clear now.

Yeah, you can just attempt IPPT if you are short of time, then complete mandatory FIT in your next cycle.

If you complete FIT this cycle, that leaves you the choice to choose IPPT or FIT next cycle, instead of being forced to do MandaFIT.

Nicholas92

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Suicide sprints, some static exercises (pushups,crunches etc.), running form drills + static reps
Is the session same across all age groups and fitness level?

eg 21 year old and 39 year old same session?

fail by 1 point and fail by 30 points also same?

firsttimebuyer

Master Member
Reaction score
Is the session same across all age groups and fitness level?

eg 21 year old and 39 year old same session?

fail by 1 point and fail by 30 points also same?
From my personal experience, for FIT sessions, but excluding IPPT, the training is the same. I am 37 and if I take the red band, i still get the same treatment as a 24 year old.

The only difference is IPPT, where the way the points are calculated is different based your age.

ichinisan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone knows how is the ippt like in Bedok fcc nowadays?

Are the lockers still available?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.