HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

SAF IPPT, IPT & RT Questions...

Like Tree693Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-01-2021, 08:16 AM   #7681
Supremacy Member

Sorry to all bros here. I didn't log in for the past few days so i try to answered now.

ragegoh : Wait what? If we canít book any ipt-ippt and window close we are defaulter?

Answer : U NEED to BOOK 1 IPPT session to avoid default.

Chao_Ah_Tiong : It is really getting messy. So in this case it is meaningless to go for IPT if unable to clear all 10 IPTs before windows close? So for those whose windows close on Feb/Mar it is advisable to book IPPT and fail instead of attending IPT sessions?

Answer : My understanding is you try to clear as much IPT if you can (to show you try liao when yr OC/S8 fight for your case) WHILE in the mean time, please contact your OC/S8 for this matter. It's important to let them know.

RocketBunny : Book normal IPPT already still can book IPT meh?

Answer : Can la. I already book 9 IPT sessions and 1 IPPT.

SKinny86 : Wa.. hopefully they resume the IPT IPPT soon. Because totally cannot book any normal training as the system does not allow.

Answer: I feedback to them last week/also my OC also that since 1st session must be IPT-IPPT slot but now change to normal IPT which mean many ppls stuck because system block you for booking the rest of the slot because first one is not fufilled and worst is only sat/sun
Thanks for your information.

I think for our case, what we can do now is to book and attend an IPPT session and a few IPT sessions while at the same time seek help from our unit's OC/S8. I also agree that with a few IPPT/IPTs attended it would be much easier to negotiate.
Chao_Ah_Tiong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2021, 12:09 PM   #7682

Hi all, got a question regarding IPT-IPPT on Kranji FCC.

I've managed to book a slot on April on Saturday 0930. It did not appear as 'NO-IPPT' when I was booking it.

However, the NS portal has yet to reflect my first IPT session as 'IPT-IPPT' (currently it is still 'IPT') and when I called them to clarify if got IPPT they say it is just IPT training.

Previously I only booked sessions at other FCCs hence this is my first time doing so at Kranji. Hence will like to check with everyone for those who had even to Kranji FCC, do they conduct IPT-IPPT on Saturday morning?

Thank you.
ac2019 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2021, 01:06 PM   #7683

Read the posts earlier. The answers are there.

Hi all, got a question regarding IPT-IPPT on Kranji FCC.

I've managed to book a slot on April on Saturday 0930. It did not appear as 'NO-IPPT' when I was booking it.

However, the NS portal has yet to reflect my first IPT session as 'IPT-IPPT' (currently it is still 'IPT') and when I called them to clarify if got IPPT they say it is just IPT training.

Previously I only booked sessions at other FCCs hence this is my first time doing so at Kranji. Hence will like to check with everyone for those who had even to Kranji FCC, do they conduct IPT-IPPT on Saturday morning?

Thank you.
ragegoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2021, 08:52 PM   #7684

Yeah bro. If you feel no point doing the IPT, then book 1 IPPT and close case while wait for RT.

If you want to offset (if appeal fail) then at least do less RT for next windows.

Anyway, my OC say just do your part while he try his best to "fight" for us.
If end of the day tio RT, i also LLST.

Good luck man.
Greent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2021, 09:05 PM   #7685

I need some advice on what I should do.

I went and took my IPPT today and failed. I was thinking of going for IPT but the earliest slot for IPT-IPPT is in April and my window closes in June.

So should I just wait and go for RT next window or book the IPT-IPPT slot in April? Am I able to clear IPT in 2 months if I can only do IPT sessions during weekends only.

Last edited by Zephyrzel; 14-01-2021 at 03:04 AM..
Zephyrzel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2021, 09:42 PM   #7686

I maybe not give you the best advice but looking at yr buffer, i think you can book all 10 sessions on the spot since currently affected ppls are Jan/Feb/Mar ppls.

Maybe u chop 10 sessions first while you ask hotline since sat/sun no IPT-IPPT then do i need to book 1 actual IPPT to become 11 session (IPT / IPPT only) or 9 IPT + 1 IPPT.

So far the FI said 9 training and 1 IPPT = you clear this yr windows. (will check with them again this Sunday since my pattern is 9 + 1.)
Greent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2021, 01:11 AM   #7687
Supremacy Member

I think what Iím facing is the same as many men here. My 2020 window closes on 29 June 2021. So far, i canít book a single session of IPT-IPPT. All available dates are on Mon or Sun, which there is no IPPT conducted. Itís like this from Jan all the way till April.

I have an upcoming ICT next week. There will be IPPT conducted. Iíve also booked 1x IPPT in Feb. If i attend both IPPT, i would avoid becoming a defaulter right? Then next yr i will need to clear 20 RT if Iím unable to book any IPT-IPPT from now till June?

Did i get the situation right?
Old 14-01-2021, 08:45 AM   #7688
Supremacy Member

I think what I’m facing is the same as many men here. My 2020 window closes on 29 June 2021. So far, i can’t book a single session of IPT-IPPT. All available dates are on Mon or Sun, which there is no IPPT conducted. It’s like this from Jan all the way till April.

I have an upcoming ICT next week. There will be IPPT conducted. I’ve also booked 1x IPPT in Feb. If i attend both IPPT, i would avoid becoming a defaulter right? Then next yr i will need to clear 20 RT if I’m unable to book any IPT-IPPT from now till June?

Did i get the situation right?
No IPT-IPPT sessions are conducted currently.

Also, as long as IPPT is attended you will not become a defaulter and next year's RT will be 20 - Number of IPPT attended in current window - Number of IPTs attended in current window.

You can also contact your unit's S8/OC for help at the mean time also. Afterall it is not our fault in this case.
Old 14-01-2021, 10:20 AM   #7689
Supremacy Member

No IPT-IPPT sessions are conducted currently.

Also, as long as IPPT is attended you will not become a defaulter and next year's RT will be 20 - Number of IPPT attended in current window - Number of IPTs attended in current window.

You can also contact your unit's S8/OC for help at the mean time also. Afterall it is not our fault in this case.
Just got off the line with the NS call center. They guy said as long as i attempt a IPPT session, I won't be charged as a defaulter. First 3 sessions of IPPT they will pay out ur rank pay. Subsequently they won't.

He said the slots for IPT-IPPT are fully booked. He also said that if I attended 3 IPPT for this window, next window will be RT. They will minus the 3 IPPT days from the 20 days of RT.

In that case, for guys that have no hope of passing / unable to book a single IPT-IPPT session, do ourselves a favour. Book 10x IPPT. Next yr just clear the 10x RT.

This prevents us from becoming defaulter and reduces the number of RT in the next window.
Old 14-01-2021, 10:54 AM   #7690
High Supremacy Member

Just got off the line with the NS call center. They guy said as long as i attempt a IPPT session, I won't be charged as a defaulter. First 3 sessions of IPPT they will pay out ur rank pay. Subsequently they won't.

He said the slots for IPT-IPPT are fully booked. He also said that if I attended 3 IPPT for this window, next window will be RT. They will minus the 3 IPPT days from the 20 days of RT.

In that case, for guys that have no hope of passing / unable to book a single IPT-IPPT session, do ourselves a favour. Book 10x IPPT. Next yr just clear the 10x RT.

This prevents us from becoming defaulter and reduces the number of RT in the next window.
why not book 20 IPPT instead then?
theMKR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2021, 12:44 PM   #7691
Supremacy Member

why not book 20 IPPT instead then?
I put that across to the CSO. He said its 20 sessions across 2 years. So even if I booked 20 IPPT now, next year I will still need to do 10 RT. So I will end up doing 30 sessions over 2 years.

Bear in mind that 1st 3 IPPT sessions are paid, sessions 4 - 10 are free.
Old 14-01-2021, 01:16 PM   #7692
High Supremacy Member

I put that across to the CSO. He said its 20 sessions across 2 years. So even if I booked 20 IPPT now, next year I will still need to do 10 RT. So I will end up doing 30 sessions over 2 years.

Bear in mind that 1st 3 IPPT sessions are paid, sessions 4 - 10 are free.
money is not the issue, is the time.

IPPT can finish faster and can OTOT.
Old 14-01-2021, 02:01 PM   #7693
Supremacy Member

Yup must prepare for the worst by attending RT next window but not without seeking help from your unit's superior or S8.
Old 14-01-2021, 05:19 PM   #7694
High Supremacy Member

Yup must prepare for the worst by attending RT next window but not without seeking help from your unit's superior or S8.
if u really can pass, just push for your 1st RT session to be IPPT, then pass it and fug off liao
Old 14-01-2021, 07:08 PM   #7695
Supremacy Member

if u really can pass, just push for your 1st RT session to be IPPT, then pass it and fug off liao
I think the 1st, 15 and last session will be RT-IPPT. So yea, pass and fug off Lor.

I plan to take 1 IPPT per week for Feb. Clock 4 a month until i can book IPT-IPPT. If Iím able to clear 10 IPT from May - June, i will have done 8 IPPT + 10 IPT. Iíll just take it as a gift to Mindef.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.