HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

SAF IPPT, IPT & RT Questions...

Like Tree669Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16-08-2013, 09:54 PM   #766
Supremacy Member

3 months for RT is too short.

Send in to complaints and ask for extension...

http://www.ns.sg/nsp/web/feedback
3 months for 8 RT sessions where got short...
j_t_fusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2013, 09:55 PM   #767

ippt at maju

hi,

i will be taking my first ippt at maju camp tmr. any thing that i should know?
handsomeboy23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2013, 09:58 PM   #768
Banned

3 months for 8 RT sessions where got short...
Wa liew now i am sitting idle waiting for RT to start. Could have cleared it earlier.

Also, I usually only can clear on weekends...and that means 12 sessions only. For people with 20 sessions, 3 months isn't enough. Need about 6 months.
AceyourMaths is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2013, 10:08 PM   #769
Great Supremacy Member

hi,

i will be taking my first ippt at maju camp tmr. any thing that i should know?
bring your ic/driving license/11b and be there on time or maybe 10-15 mins earlier. They normally don't entertain late comers on weekend.
vasilli07 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2013, 10:19 PM   #770
Supremacy Member

Wa liew now i am sitting idle waiting for RT to start. Could have cleared it earlier.

Also, I usually only can clear on weekends...and that means 12 sessions only. For people with 20 sessions, 3 months isn't enough. Need about 6 months.
instead of "sitting idle waiting for RT to start", you could have trained on your own and hit your PPT. like that you don't even have to go for RT.

as for those with 20 RT sessions, they deserve it. got 9 months for them to clear 10 IPT sessions they don't want, want to idle around until the last 3 months then start.
xerref likes this.
Old 16-08-2013, 10:38 PM   #771

I have encountered a confusing situation.

Seems like I'm being charged for not completing RT in 2010/11 window only now.

Has anyone encountered this before? Even though you have passed your IPPT for the years after and even attended (and completed) RT for 2011/12.

My situation is bloody long and confusing. Will explain more if anyone is willing to listen.
ironpooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2013, 10:43 PM   #772
Great Supremacy Member

I have encountered a confusing situation.

Seems like I'm being charged for not completing RT in 2010/11 window only now.

Has anyone encountered this before? Even though you have passed your IPPT for the years after and even attended (and completed) RT for 2011/12.

My situation is bloody long and confusing. Will explain more if anyone is willing to listen.
Maybe they cocked up and miss u out. Anyway, did u complete your RT for 10/11 window? That's the more important question.
Old 16-08-2013, 10:49 PM   #773
Banned

instead of "sitting idle waiting for RT to start", you could have trained on your own and hit your PPT. like that you don't even have to go for RT.

as for those with 20 RT sessions, they deserve it. got 9 months for them to clear 10 IPT sessions they don't want, want to idle around until the last 3 months then start.
I cannot. I have ankle (torn tendons) problem. Walk too much also pain. Want to downgrade, MO told me its not completely torn so cannot. Dont need surgery too as it can 'heal' on its own, according to MO.

Last edited by AceyourMaths; 16-08-2013 at 11:28 PM..
Old 16-08-2013, 11:27 PM   #774

is it true you can now take ippt anytime during the 3mth rt period? or do we still need to wait until 8th rt session to take ippt?
Xy1itol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2013, 11:46 PM   #775

Maybe they cocked up and miss u out. Anyway, did u complete your RT for 10/11 window? That's the more important question.
Maybe.

Honestly? No. I did not.

My window opened and closed in September (this was before the 9 month system kicked in). In early 2012, I went to Depot Road Camp and I.O asked me why I did not go for 2010/11 IPPT and RT. I explained, he listened, and he told me he's giving me a fine ($50) and said to since we are already in the new window, please book IPPT.

Come 2011/12, I missed again. Tried to book in July, found out about the new 9 month system. Called 1800 ENS. They told me go book RT and complete within 3 months or face the music. I did that. Passed IPPT in 8th session. Then to ensure it never happens again I took the test and passed for 2012/13 window. Got a total of $200 for passing two windows.

Two weeks ago, I received the NS 264. Green letter. Charged on 27 Aug in Mowbray. Initially I was confused so I called the hotline (again. -.-) and asked. They could not clarify what the charge was for, said they'll contact unit and get back to me in 3 days.

5 days later I called again, they pulled up my case file, said unit's response was for me to go down and answer the charge. Was told there were multiple charges. I asked for which windows. The person could not find out, said he'll ask unit to contact me directly.

Never got a call, I don't want this to drag on till the last minute, so I called hotline again. Once again, same process, this time found out the charges were for 2011/12 and 2012/13. I said this cannot be true, especially for 2012/13 window. I asked if the system reflects that I cleared and the person said yes. But not sure why the unit says this is the charge. I asked for unit's direct number. Was told they don't carry it. So I found it through NS Portal.

After speaking with the person from ENC (yes, I'm an engineer), he said repeated the three charges 2011/12 IPPT, 2011/12 RT and 2012/13 IPPT) and said they had problem pulling my IPPT records to validate my claims. "Technical issues" was the term he used. I said, okay, I'll email screenshots from my ns portal of IPPT results and RT attendance. The guy said he'll take a look. He also gave me the direct contact for all NSmen IPPT matters for ENC. Thankfully they are helpful. This was yesterday.

This morning reply from ENC said the charges are actually 2010/11 IPPT, 2011/12 IPPT and 2011/12 RT. Sigh.

So I called the direct contact. Asked why the information is always changing. He could not really explain. Just repeated that this is what they know the charges are now. I said but I feel like the charge in Depot Road Camp in 2012 was to answer for both RT and IPPT defaults for 2010/11 window and he said no, this new charge is correct. He has a point, I guess? But the I.O back then addressed both matters.

I really don't know how I'm going to explain myself at Mowbray come 27 Aug. Will the I.O even have time to listen to this long story? How do I phrase my explanation without sounding like I'm beating around the bush? Feels like DB has a cell waiting for me already.
ironpooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2013, 11:51 PM   #776
Banned

Maybe.

Honestly? No. I did not.

My window opened and closed in September (this was before the 9 month system kicked in). In early 2012, I went to Depot Road Camp and I.O asked me why I did not go for 2010/11 IPPT and RT. I explained, he listened, and he told me he's giving me a fine ($50) and said to since we are already in the new window, please book IPPT.

Come 2011/12, I missed again. Tried to book in July, found out about the new 9 month system. Called 1800 ENS. They told me go book RT and complete within 3 months or face the music. I did that. Passed IPPT in 8th session. Then to ensure it never happens again I took the test and passed for 2012/13 window. Got a total of $200 for passing two windows.

Two weeks ago, I received the NS 264. Green letter. Charged on 27 Aug in Mowbray. Initially I was confused so I called the hotline (again. -.-) and asked. They could not clarify what the charge was for, said they'll contact unit and get back to me in 3 days.

5 days later I called again, they pulled up my case file, said unit's response was for me to go down and answer the charge. Was told there were multiple charges. I asked for which windows. The person could not find out, said he'll ask unit to contact me directly.

Never got a call, I don't want this to drag on till the last minute, so I called hotline again. Once again, same process, this time found out the charges were for 2011/12 and 2012/13. I said this cannot be true, especially for 2012/13 window. I asked if the system reflects that I cleared and the person said yes. But not sure why the unit says this is the charge. I asked for unit's direct number. Was told they don't carry it. So I found it through NS Portal.

After speaking with the person from ENC (yes, I'm an engineer), he said repeated the three charges 2011/12 IPPT, 2011/12 RT and 2012/13 IPPT) and said they had problem pulling my IPPT records to validate my claims. "Technical issues" was the term he used. I said, okay, I'll email screenshots from my ns portal of IPPT results and RT attendance. The guy said he'll take a look. He also gave me the direct contact for all NSmen IPPT matters for ENC. Thankfully they are helpful. This was yesterday.

This morning reply from ENC said the charges are actually 2010/11 IPPT, 2011/12 IPPT and 2011/12 RT. Sigh.

So I called the direct contact. Asked why the information is always changing. He could not really explain. Just repeated that this is what they know the charges are now. I said but I feel like the charge in Depot Road Camp in 2012 was to answer for both RT and IPPT defaults for 2010/11 window and he said no, this new charge is correct. He has a point, I guess? But the I.O back then addressed both matters.

I really don't know how I'm going to explain myself at Mowbray come 27 Aug. Will the I.O even have time to listen to this long story? How do I phrase my explanation without sounding like I'm beating around the bush? Feels like DB has a cell waiting for me already.
Aiya, if you pass already, just sent an email indicating that you have passed. Then heck care all their calls la. Scared for what?

Wont go DB de...just pay a higher fine for second time offender.
Old 17-08-2013, 12:42 AM   #777
Great Supremacy Member

Just explain clearly on that day. You may also want to print out the past ippt/rt records from your ns portal that you need.
Old 17-08-2013, 12:43 AM   #778
Great Supremacy Member

is it true you can now take ippt anytime during the 3mth rt period? or do we still need to wait until 8th rt session to take ippt?
Someone said yes because the system has changed in July this year.
Old 17-08-2013, 01:04 AM   #779
Supremacy Member

Maybe.

Honestly? No. I did not.

you kena fine already for 2010/11 so just tell them that.

for the 2011/12 IPPT, you are supposed to attempt your IPPT within the first 9 months so the IPPT defaulter charge is correct.

for the 2011/12 RT, your 8th RT-IPPT pass should equate to having cleared your RT.

most likely some cock up... just go down there and explain everything to them and bring whatever evidence you can along.
Old 17-08-2013, 04:09 PM   #780
Supremacy Member

is it true that we will be charged if missed 3 consecutive ipt?...
kurenai is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.