SAF IPPT, IPT & RT Questions...

KWSW

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi all got some questions on IPPT, IPT & RT.

1. Does taking my IPPT during my ICT count as having taken my IPPT(pass or fail) if it is during my IPPT window period?

2. I heard from my friend who is studying in NUS that becos he is in an IHL, he is excused from RT. Does it count for me since I am studying full time at SIM now?

3. If the answer to qn 1 is yes and I failed the ICT IPPT, can I just go ahead and book IPT before my window closes to be safe from the RT sessions?

Thanks for the answering. Will try again to look through ns.sg to find the answers although the last time I couldnt get any...

oookkii

Reaction score
Re: SAF 264 Problem

Hi there,

I was asked to report for a RT default charge in May but due to an impending exam, I had to give it a miss (According to the customer service officer I called, she said it was alright to give the first charge date a miss and they will schedule me with another date which I would HAVE to attend). Then only yesterday, I received the next charge letter. I am now required to report for the charge at the end of June. Coincidentally, the date coincides with my ICT date. The thing is, according to the CSO, when the charge dates are issued, they are fixed and not able to be changed. I called up again and the CSO told me to go back to my camp and look for the Chief Clerk or S1 to settle my charge in camp.

Can this really happen?

Now the thing I am worried about is the Chief Clerk/S1 may be busy people/do not have information regarding my charge, and therefore, may not have the time to handle my charge. If thats the case, I would be considered as defaulting the charge and may face double the penalty. Even if they are able to handle my charge, the lack of coordination may even lead to the charge not being handled properly and I may be considered as 'failure to appear'. The advice of the CSO may backfire and it would then make this a difficult and meagre defense towards my case.

Please, anyone with similar experiences or any knowledge regarding my situation, could you give me some comments? Gratitude.

Kiwi8

Honorary Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Hi there,

I was asked to report for a RT default charge in May but due to an impending exam, I had to give it a miss (According to the customer service officer I called, she said it was alright to give the first charge date a miss and they will schedule me with another date which I would HAVE to attend). Then only yesterday, I received the next charge letter. I am now required to report for the charge at the end of June. Coincidentally, the date coincides with my ICT date. The thing is, according to the CSO, when the charge dates are issued, they are fixed and not able to be changed. I called up again and the CSO told me to go back to my camp and look for the Chief Clerk or S1 to settle my charge in camp.

Can this really happen?

Now the thing I am worried about is the Chief Clerk/S1 may be busy people/do not have information regarding my charge, and therefore, may not have the time to handle my charge. If thats the case, I would be considered as defaulting the charge and may face double the penalty. Even if they are able to handle my charge, the lack of coordination may even lead to the charge not being handled properly and I may be considered as 'failure to appear'. The advice of the CSO may backfire and it would then make this a difficult and meagre defense towards my case.

Please, anyone with similar experiences or any knowledge regarding my situation, could you give me some comments? Gratitude.
Coinciding with your ICT date is ok. Just let your superiors in your ICT camp know that u need to go attend to your charge. U dun have to reschedule it.

Davtech

Reaction score
Hi there,

Can this really happen?

most likely they will ask u go back to mindef to answer charge on the 2nd date.. i am not sure about it but my chief clerk and S1 said they dun answer such charges in camp anymore.. all directed back to mindef.

Davtech

Reaction score
1. Does taking my IPPT during my ICT count as having taken my IPPT(pass or fail) if it is during my IPPT window period?
yes count

2. I heard from my friend who is studying in NUS that becos he is in an IHL, he is excused from RT. Does it count for me since I am studying full time at SIM now?
lol.. i nv study so high so i duno :(

3. If the answer to qn 1 is yes and I failed the ICT IPPT, can I just go ahead and book IPT before my window closes to be safe from the RT sessions?
u should be able to book IPT after fail, but if u dun pass IPT also still go for RT.

vasilli07

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi there,

Can this really happen?

I have seen people being charged during ict for being rt defaulter. So there is a chance u could get charged during ict instead.

But if u want to confirm, try to contact your unit S1.

Kiwi8

Honorary Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
MINDEF Services > Non-ICT IPPT/RT > FAQ > Remedial Training

SzdHR3c.png

ohmydog

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
saw one thread that RT must wear Singlet liao?

is it true??

if true, outside singlet can is it??

viksim

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'll get straight to the point, my ippt window ended yst 21/5 and before that, I've took up IPT but only went for the 1st lesson and subsequently booked and tried for Non-ICT IPPT twice (fail)before the window closes yesterday.

I know that I am supposed to go for 20 RT lessons for the last three months before birthday date but as I'll be getting keys to my new HDB soon (Jun) so I don't think I can commit to 20 lessons at all.

Should I appeal to NS.sg for exemption that to treat that I've completed my IPT so that I will require to go for 8 lessons only instead or just default my IPPT and receive my charge?

Kiwi8

Honorary Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I'll get straight to the point, my ippt window ended yst 21/5 and before that, I've took up IPT but only went for the 1st lesson and subsequently booked and tried for Non-ICT IPPT twice (fail)before the window closes yesterday.

I know that I am supposed to go for 20 RT lessons for the last three months before birthday date but as I'll be getting keys to my new HDB soon (Jun) so I don't think I can commit to 20 lessons at all.

Should I appeal to NS.sg for exemption that to treat that I've completed my IPT so that I will require to go for 8 lessons only instead or just default my IPPT and receive my charge?

Huh? Why getting the keys to the flat will affect the lessons?

Also, fail IPT is fail IPT, how can there be exemption and do only 8 lessons from 20 lessons? :s22:

vasilli07

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I seriously doubt they will accept your appeal. Everyone got commitments and you only attended 1(out of 10) IPT session, how to convince them?

ohmydog

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I seriously doubt they will accept your appeal. Everyone got commitments and you only attended 1(out of 10) IPT session, how to convince them?

no completed IPT = 20 session RT (no excuse)
they already mentioned, if you think you not gonna make it, you should have extend earlier.

and IPT, RT this kind of matter is settle within FCC, i don't think ns.sg can help...

Last edited:

ah_cheng1882

Reaction score
Dun talk so much la. Jus go complete ur 20 sessions of RT. if u can appeal for ur RT to be waived then who would follow the guidelines?

Hi all,

viksim

Reaction score
Huh? Why getting the keys to the flat will affect the lessons?

Also, fail IPT is fail IPT, how can there be exemption and do only 8 lessons from 20 lessons? :s22:

If attend 10 lessons IPT still cannot pass then will be 8 lessons lor. Getting keys to flat means I got to juggle work, overseeing the reno as well as RT together so a bit difficult in that sense.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.