HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

What To Expect When Enlistment To SCDF

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16-07-2020, 02:55 PM   #1

*What To Expect When Enlistment To SCDF*

Welcome. Hope this article will shock you or change your mind about NS SCDF.

For those Uniform Group guys from NCC or NPCC you guys might want to reconsider SCDF as your choice of NS life after Secondary or ITE as you can still defer, up your PES status & education level as you can get to SCC after poly which is higher in pay.

First & foremost thanking you for visiting this page to read about NS SCDF enlistment to help you in your NS life.

First things first, there are things that you can bring in. When you receive the letter from the government, please spend at least 1 week to buy your items from the list given to you & put it in 1 huge civilian bag & whichever ever items that you cannot store in your personal locker will be put back into the bag to bring home. Your Sergeant, PC, OC or DI will be doing the bag checking & checking your civilian pockets & pants when you first come in to your dorm.
The list have alot of key items that I urge & must, I insist must bring because most of these things will be used every day & its a no joke.

RECOMMENDED ITEMS (SHOULD BRING)

> Alarm Clock (Buy The Loudest You Can Get)

> Easy On Starch (Got 2 types 1 blue & 1 Purple But Mostly People Use Purple Can)

> Clothes Peg/ Hangers/ Paper Clips

> Mop Cloth (For Mopping The Floor Every 1 Week & For Toilet Cleaning)

> Micro-Fibre Cloth / Window Cloth / Cotton Ball
(For polishing of boots & also just buy kiwi shoe/boot polish for boots, be reminded that liquid kiwi shoe/boot polish is not allowed, they will give you another brand called Kisi which really sucks)

> Anti-Bacterial fabric spray e.g. Febreeze™, etc.

> Detergent/ Multi-purpose Cleaning Detergent e.g. Dettol™, etc.

> Non-Aerosol Air Freshener

> Lint Rollers (For Dust, Hair & Etc on Bedsheets, Pants or Uniform)

> Deodorant (Roll On, Non Flammable, Not Spray On type. )

> Portable Charger (Buy & Bring 2 At Least Because Admin Time Is Short For Your Entertainment & Personal Privacy)

> Toilet Rolls (Don't Question ****************** Me, The First Thing You Meet In When You Enter The Toilet, There Will Be A Hot Water Switch, Light Switches A Whole Lot Of Taps & 1 Huge Rolled Up Toilet Paper In The Dispencer. The Types Of Toilets You Will Be Facing Until The End Of Your BRT Is Those, Squatting Toilets But Come Equip With Shower Hose No Toilet Paper Dispencer, Toilets With Seats & Cover But Not Equip With Toilet Paper Dispencer)

> Wet Wipes (For cleaning of bunks, tables & chairs, Bring A Lot Cause You Are Gonna Use It During Your Whole BRT Period Which Have Daily Bunk Inspections)

NEXT UP IS THE LIST OF FORBIDDEN OR PROHIBITED ITEMS. PLEASE TRANSLATE ANY ITEMS WHICH MIGHT CONTAINS NON ENGLISH LANGUAGES TO CHECK IF THERE IS THE WORD "FLAMMABLE" OR "AEROSOL".

PROHIBITED ITEMS (CANNOT BRING)

× Tobacco Related Items e.g. Cigarettes, Lighters, Tobacco Gum, Drugs,
ETC. (Seriously I Brought 2 Packs Cigarette 1 Open & The 1 Still Unopened, Both Were Thrown Out Instantly So Don't Bother Trying To Sneak In Some, lighters They Will Give Back During Book Out Time For You To Keep It At Home)

× Aerosol/Spray can e.g. Deodorant Sprays, Disinfectant Sprays,
ETC. * Shaving Cream is allowed.

× Outside Food & DRINKS (Seriously No Food From Food Delivery Services Also)

× Electronic items e.g. iPad, Laptops, Game Consoles, Speakers,
etc.

× Sharp Objects e.g. Nail File, Scissors, etc. (Nail Clippers Must Not Have The Blade. No Swiss Army Knife.)

× Flammable Objects e.g. Liquid Shoe Polish, etc.

× Non-prescribed Medicine/ Supplements
*Salonpas™ and medication of similar nature is not allowed.

× Spectacles using Transition Lenses

× Personal Slippers

× Card/Board games

× Battery Operated Shaver

× Civilian Clothing & Civilian Pants

After Clarifying & Reading through the list of Recommended & Prohibited items here are daily tasks expected.

1) Area Cleaning

2) Bunk Inspection

3) Day, Night & PT Water Parade

4) 5BX & PT

5) Follow Your Given Schedule. Number 1 - 4 Is Included, But Depending On Different PES You Will Do Different Stuff.

6) Toilet Cleaning (On your floor level will have many toilets & different dorm/bunk rooms will participate in cleaning the toilets in 4 weeks of 1 month so decide & get on cleaning.

7) Laundry scheduling (please schedule days in 1 week to do it because in 1 floor you might have 2 different Company using the laundry area & there will be 2 washing machine, 1 brand Samsung which is good the other 1 brand is Sharp which sucks & 2 dryers also different brand (I forgot their brand names honestly).

You will have a Cleaning Locker near your windows facing the forest & cemetery for the very sole purpose of * Area Cleaning *.

Area Cleaning, once you entered the dorm/bunk room at your level, you are expected to clean & keep everything clean & dust free everyday during your stay in & the list of things furniture & items you must clean are as follows:

1) Table (Under & Top)

2) Windows (back and front windows, windows facing the forest & cemetery, window ledges & fire safety windows, all must be dust free.

3) Lockers (Top, Front, Back Sides, left & Right Sides & don't forget the cleaning locker the same thing applies).

4) Bed Frames (Top & Bottom, No Hair & Dust)

5) Floor (Every tight corner spots, chair area, the area you hang towels & uniforms & nearby windows)

6) Fan (Standing Fan & Ceiling Fan, Both fans front cover, back cover & fan cables must be dust free

7) Fuse Box (Top, Sides & Bottom)

Please arrange your NS Sports shoe, 2 pair of boots & your Sandels in 1 line underneath your the bunk bed.

Bunk Inspection will be after Morning Water Parade after Area Inspection.

First Week of the month is confinement week so you are expected to iron your 4 sets of Field Dress Jacket/Uniform, 4 sets Your Field Dress long pants, learn how to use your gutters for long pants, learn how to tie the caterpillar knot for your boots & polish your boots until you can see your face.

For those who came in with long hair or not botak or nearly botak, haircut cost $5 which you will be brought with your dorm/bunk friends to the training shed which you will wait for the barber to cut your hair to botak & after the barber have finished, 4 persons will be task to clean up the mess.

If you guys got assigned to Platoon IC, your task is mostly counting strengths of your whole company & good luck to you if your company have 2 or 3 separate dorm/bunks.

If you guys get bunk IC, get ready to feel tired & shout at your bloody lazy & talkative dorm/bunk mates because the 1st week if you kena/checked Sergeant, he will scold you but not as bad, but if you kena/checked by the PC.

Basically as bunk IC you are to return & take the dorm/bunk key several times a day in your BRT period & it is tiring as example your dorm/bunk is on level/Floor 3, the PL Coy room is where you will take your key every time at 4th floor and assemble at the parade Square which you have to go up 1 floor, take the key, return the key before your next activity & assemble at the parade square then while taking the key your dorm/bunk mates will be mocking you silently because here time is precious to us as we also need in between breaks to change into our specified clothing. Please give 5 minutes for your bunk IC to return the key & fall in with your other platoon mates.

The PC is Super fierce, in charge of the whole Platoon Company, get ready to face hell on every Friday during stand by bed before book out. The way to differentiate PC is he have 2 Diamonds like stars & better memorise his face. Every sir will have a Jockey Cap with a yellow line strip stitch in. Any jockey cap with no yellow stitch is called Sergeant and no higher.

Im from Charlie Platoon 4 in short C4, most of my platoon mates are fat, unfit, lazy, stubborn & annoying because PES B4, C1, C2, C3 & C4 are deemed unfit & there is no 5BX & mostly during practical lessons we are forced to sit around & do nothing for many hours straight & if we get sleepy & snooze off for 1 minute your dorm/bunk mate will wake you up using any method. We can't do any simple or light exercises which does not affect our breathing but still we cannot be given permission to do light exercises because the MO (Medical Officer really sucks).

Other Charlie Platoon like Charlie 1, Charlie 2 & Charlie 3 are given strenuous training & exercises & engage in physical equipment training while we the Charlie 4 just sit down watching time slowly mocking us.

Charlie Platoon 4 or C4 & only this Charlie Company will not face reservist after full 2 years of your NS Life, this is because due to PES unfit, so enjoy your, 1 year 11 months of NS SCDF as your 1st 1 month will be BRT. This info is as updated & clarified by my Enciks, Sergeants, PC & Instructors.

Also for Charlie 4, during your 1st confinement week you will also get 1 or the most 5 injection shot for different viruses.

2nd Last thing to add, after confinement in week 1, week 2 is a bit of mix up cause your equipment training such as putting out home wok fires using c02 carbon dioxide extinguisher is a common need, 2nd day you will watch other Charlie Platoons use live saving equipment such as Power SAW & Hydraulic Spreader & you will just watch after learning from the slides shown to you.

Wednesday, Thursday & Friday you will learn about HTFAC, it is a necessary medical lesson which you will get a card to certify you that you have successfully completed the test. (CPR & First Aid Skills & Advanced First Aid).

You will then book out on Friday around 4:35PM if you are lucky, but before every book in or book out there will be the same lecture about what to & not to on public transport & outside of NSTI/CDA in your Uniform clothes, because if anyone of the civilians take picture, upload it to any social media platform or send it directly to NSTI, CDA or Home TEAM ACADEMY, you can get severely punished & stripped of your personal privacy rights or even go to DB.

Lastly there is alot of water issues such as very less water during showers & there is no water in the water cooler for water & to refill water bottles during equipment training or water parades.

Just exercise hard before going in SCDF enlistment before you will truly appreciate & reduce your current weight before your 1st enlistment book in.

THIS IS SERIOUS, 1 LAST REMINDER, RAGGING OR BULLYING BE IT IN VERBAL OR PHYSICAL FORM WILL HAVE A BAD Record IN YOUR LETTER OF RECOMMENDATION FOR WORK. RAGGING PEOPLE WILL BE SENT TO DB ALSO KNOWN AS DETECTION BARRACK AS YOU WILL BE IN A SMALL TIGHT ROOM, IN THE ROOM A SMALL BOX WILL BE PLACED ONTO A SQUATTING TOILET WITH NO TISSUE PAPER & THE DOOR WILL ONLY BE OPEN FOR YOUR FOOD TO COME IN OR WHEN YOU ARE FINISHED WITH YOUR TIME IN DB. THIS IS SERIOUS.

SERIOUSLY SOME PEOPLE RATHER GO TO JAIL THEN DB, BECAUSE THOSE PEOPLE WHO GO TO DB MIGHT GO TO SRU & IF YOU READ FORUMS ABOUT SRU THEY ARE TRUE.

Thank you for reading & have a nice day.

Last edited by Ixianleh; 16-07-2020 at 10:09 PM..
Ixianleh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2020, 03:03 PM   #2
Arch-Supremacy Member

enjoy. remember to sign on
yusoffb01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2020, 05:00 PM   #3

enjoy. remember to sign on
Too bad Yusoff, C4 Charlie is PES B4, C1, C2 & C3 & C4 is deemed unfit & have been clearly emphasised by the Enciks, Sergeant, PC & Instructors. Maybe during your old NS life Charlie 4 can sign on after 2 years but now the time have change alot

Last edited by Ixianleh; 16-07-2020 at 05:23 PM..
Old 16-07-2020, 05:34 PM   #4
High Supremacy Member

Too bad Yusoff, C4 Charlie is PES B4, C1, C2 & C3 & C4 is deemed unfit & have been clearly emphasised by the Enciks, Sergeant, PC & Instructors. Maybe during your old NS life Charlie 4 can sign on after 2 years but now the time have change alot
?????????????????????
Old 16-07-2020, 08:41 PM   #5

let me cut in the thread... anyone went for DEI Panel interview for SCDF recently? Thinking of joining
Goddofinga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2020, 09:51 PM   #6

?????????????????????
* I dare you to call NSTI & ask them or when you go in SCDF just ask any Sergeant or Encik about C4 reservist, confirm they ignore you cause its not your PES status to be in C4, or if you are in C4 then you will gladly get the answer, what I'm telling you right now is the truth cause I'm still in BRT for 2 weeks till the end of July, so yeah just be grateful to receive info from me before you all can mock me, cause I ask these people face to face. *
Old 16-07-2020, 09:52 PM   #7
High Supremacy Member

* I dare you to call NSTI & ask them or when you go in SCDF just ask any Sergeant or Encik about C4 reservist, confirm they ignore you cause its not your PES status to be in C4, or if you are in C4 then you will gladly get the answer, what I'm telling you right now is the truth cause I'm still in BRT for 2 weeks till the end of July, so yeah just be grateful to receive info from me before you all can mock me, cause I ask these people face to face. *
???????????
reddevil0728 is online now   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.