Any folks on Viewqwest fibre?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ceecookie

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Your VPN's DNS is acting up again. There is no connection either wired or wireless. Kindly look into it.

nebbish

Reaction score
I installed the WD Live that came with my subscription recently, but even after I updated the software in the WD Live I do not have hulu as an option. Does anyone know what I need to do to be able to access Hulu on WD? Any help is much appreciated. Thank you.

AntonS

Reaction score
Your VPN's DNS is acting up again. There is no connection either wired or wireless. Kindly look into it.

Currently troubleshooting an issue with our VPN server. Will update once we have fixed the issue.

Update: Managed to partially restore the VPN to the UK side. Still troubleshooting the US side.

Last edited:

viewqwest

Featured Sponsor for Internet Bandwidth & Networki
Reaction score
It's a worry situation that they never bother to come back to me when submitting the issue. :(

Hello,

Apologies for the delay – I’ve been liaising with anton to find out exactly what the issue is here.

So just to be clear, you first contacted us because you were unhappy that your latency on the US Playstation Network (PSN) was the same, if not worse, on our network as compared to Singtel’s – which is to say that you are experiencing a latency of around 230+ ms on average. In your opinion, this should not be the case as we promise in our marketing collaterals that we do not cap international bandwidth.

Furthermore, you recently experienced a latency of around 250+ ms whilst playing Call of Duty with a player from the Philipines which you think is quite high since you are playing within the south east asia region. You would like us to reduce your latency to the US PSN to below 200ms in accordance with the smokepings that we have posted on our website to the blizzard servers (WoW and Starcraft II).

Is the above an accurate summary of the issue? I just want to be absolutely clear on this so that we can reduce any further miscommunication and especially so that we can try to resolve this as quickly as possible :).

DesmondChng

Reaction score
Installation

Hi
I signed up with VQ during 2nd day of Sitex and will like to know when the installation will take place?

Thank You

AC2

Reaction score
True. Gamer cares about latency which is why i change over from singtel to vq. Used to get 185-193ms playing wow. Now i am getting constant 163ms and that is an improvement.

AC2

Reaction score
Hi
I signed up with VQ during 2nd day of Sitex and will like to know when the installation will take place?

Thank You

Sitex is just over, my bet is that your installation could be 3 to 4 week later. The delay actually lied with opennet appointment to test and check your connection. With many rsp having high subscription after sitex, the appointment schedule will be tight. Correct me if i am wrong tks)

AntonS

Reaction score
Currently troubleshooting an issue with our VPN server. Will update once we have fixed the issue.

Update: Managed to partially restore the VPN to the UK side. Still troubleshooting the US side.

VPN service should be restored. If you still experiencing issues, please send us an email or call our hotline.

viewqwest

Reaction score
I got higher latency with VQ. International bandwidth or not, higher upload & download speed not important. Low latency is what a gaming bundle should be covering. If your gaming bundle can't even secure local connection within the region. It's not even safe to use. Gamers only care latency. Is that clear to you?

We have managed to find the IP addresses of the login servers for PSN so we will first try to optimize the routes based on these - will update once we know more.

Since Sony does not publish the IPs of their servers, and has not responded to our request for them, it is really quite difficult for us to optimize the routes. To put it in layman terms - it's like trying to find the fastest way to your friend's house when you have absolutely no idea where he lives!

voiceoflove

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi

Thank You

i sign on the first day and i gotten a call from VQ =D

soon ur turn

and installation is about 2 week as the person tell me need test 1 week idk why also ????

Last edited:

kapitansg

Reaction score
I have a question to ask about downloading files from Dropbox....the speed fluctuates a lot....You can see the download message saying that it will finish in 17mins, then jump up to 35mins, down to 25mins, then up to 40mins...You are happy one min and upset the next min. It can take a long time to download a 200mb file. Is it possble to get a constant download speed? Or something is not correct with my connection? Please kindly advise. In fact, I'm beginning to suspect that there is no different in speed between Singtel and VQ, given the experience I have in recent months. It is not like the webpage flashes the moment I select a website. There are lags.. It was different when I first signed up... then it was faster.

trickle_on

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i sign on the first day and i gotten a call from VQ =D

soon ur turn

and installation is about 2 week as the person tell me need test 1 week idk why also ????

2nd day sign up too. Keeping my fingers crossed for a call soon. My current 1Mbps suxors. :s13:

coloumbiaGames

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I have a question to ask about downloading files from Dropbox....the speed fluctuates a lot....You can see the download message saying that it will finish in 17mins, then jump up to 35mins, down to 25mins, then up to 40mins...You are happy one min and upset the next min. It can take a long time to download a 200mb file. Is it possble to get a constant download speed? Or something is not correct with my connection? Please kindly advise. In fact, I'm beginning to suspect that there is no different in speed between Singtel and VQ, given the experience I have in recent months. It is not like the webpage flashes the moment I select a website. There are lags.. It was different when I first signed up... then it was faster.

Hi Please send me a PM with your details. The issue is not fixed for everyone yet.
If you are one of those left out we will need to do some additional configs which will require downtime to your connection.
http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/71768003-post5385.html
Here you go..
P/S: I'm not VQ staff

viewqwest

Reaction score
We have managed to find the IP addresses of the login servers for PSN so we will first try to optimize the routes based on these - will update once we know more.

Since Sony does not publish the IPs of their servers, and has not responded to our request for them, it is really quite difficult for us to optimize the routes. To put it in layman terms - it's like trying to find the fastest way to your friend's house when you have absolutely no idea where he lives!

We have optimized the route for two ranges based on the IP addresses that we found. Unfortunately we cannot be sure if these include the servers that you connect to.

Please test and let us know if the latency has improved.

NicBlais

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

There is an outage for Freedom VPN - i've been told that the issue has to do with the Freedom VPN router and that our engineers are currently trying to fix it.

We knew that the router had a weakness and had planned to fix it tomorrow during the maintenance window, but it looks like the poor thing just couldn't survive until then :(

Apologies for this unscheduled disruption - Freedom VPN will be back up very soon!

playvltk04

Reaction score
Hi,

I would like to know the username and password of the Zhone modem pls. I would like to change the WPA key and i can't access to the main router admin page.

Please advise asap.

viewqwest

Reaction score
Hi,

I would like to know the username and password of the Zhone modem pls. I would like to change the WPA key and i can't access to the main router admin page.

Please advise asap.

Hi,

Please contact our helpdesk at noc@viewqwest.com and they can reset the login password for you.

Regards

crewcutboy

Reaction score
my Apple TV downloads are completely unwatchable tonight. taking me 30 minutes just to download a 20 minute TV show. anyone else facing issues with iTunes store downloads?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.