Any folks on Viewqwest fibre?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NicBlais

Reaction score
Hi,

I am currently on ADSL and considering to switch to fiber. I have received the letter from Opennet saying my building is fiber ready and i can go to any ISP to sign up even though i do not have any TP inside my house. I am considering MR, M1 and VQ and i saw your promotion and i am interested in the fibernet 150 bundle. I have a few questions though.

1) Will i be charged for the installation of the TP? Can this installation be waived?

2) I am intending to use ASUS router and if i sign up with you, can your guys help me to configure your Zhone as a bridge to my router?

3) For the ViewQwest TV, it can work with any TV as long as there is HDMI port?

4) What is the lead time to expect when i sign up tomorrow at the show?

Thanks.

Hello!

Opennet has changed their policy, instead of installing the ftp straight away they wait for you to subscribe to an isp - we will arrange for them to install it for you. There should be no charge

No problem with the zhone - just make sure to let us know when you sign up and we will configure as a bridge.

Yup any tv with hdmi or 3 color av prong should work just fine.

Leadtime is around 2-3 weeks from date of signup.

rAcEr

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Which router is recommended to pair with VQ's zhone for bridge mode? I feel that my zhone's wireless range is quite weak when my bedroom door gets closed. I'm staying in 3rm flat.

1) Asus RT-N56U
2) Asus RT-N66U
3) Asus RT-AC66U

Thanks in advance! :)

dude...its hard to make a recommendation becos it depends on your budget. if 3 room flat i think n56u is more than sufficient. if price is not an issue then go for the latest n best.

voiceoflove

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
NicBlais u forwarded my enquiry to the relevant department already?

I am free tml after 2pm shall i call james ong?

Dr_ARCHer

Master Member
Reaction score
Leadtime is around 2-3 weeks from date of signup.

Is it possible to shorten this lead time? Reason is that I am at home until end of the month, and I would like to have this installed while I am still at home.

AndyShin

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hi viewquest, if the zhone router modem is having problem/faulty, do we have to call the hotline first to arrange? is there any sop for this:s11:

my modem no problem yet. just want to know the sop for this scenario.

noinimod

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone else noticed their plans now have a "assured 100mbps international bandwidth" line added in? The selling point in the past, for me at least, was guaranteed 150/300mbps speeds.

Edit: okay seems like the line has been taken away. Im very sure i saw that extra line a few hours ago when i was looking at the page. Now i feel abit relieved that its gone. Any official viewqwest comment on this?

Stingray72

Reaction score
Anyone else noticed their plans now have a "assured 100mbps international bandwidth" line added in? The selling point in the past, for me at least, was guaranteed 150/300mbps speeds.

Edit: okay seems like the line has been taken away. Im very sure i saw that extra line a few hours ago when i was looking at the page. Now i feel abit relieved that its gone. Any official viewqwest comment on this?

Yea I saw that line last night too.

HexenHeretic

Reaction score

i'd be impressed if they really managed "assured 100mbps international bandwidth"
usually we get at best like 1/3 on other isp for international bandwidth.

were they able to do that?

ohmygod1986

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i'd be impressed if they really managed "assured 100mbps international bandwidth"

Assured 100 hard lah. But people already know their connection quite good

batboyz

Master Member
Reaction score

Why not? Proof (with 150Mbps plan on VQ - International download speed from Netload):

8542751153_51699a1039.jpg

They can't really "assure", but they can mention "uncapped/un-throttled" speed.

I also can post the full download speed screenshot from Ryushare & Uploaded if necessary.

Last edited:

noinimod

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Why not? Proof (with 150Mbps plan on VQ - International download speed from Netload):

They can't really "assure", but they can mention "uncapped/un-throttled" speed.

I also can post the full download speed screenshot from Ryushare & Uploaded if necessary.
Pls do, I would appreciate it a lot. Thanks!

jcchia

Reaction score
One of our customer service officers should be contacting you very soon - sorry if it's taking a little longer than usual, phones have been ringing all day since we announced the PC SHOW plans :D

Hi John,

Would advise that you keep your current subscription until we've complete our installation for the smoothest possible transition. In rare cases it can happen that there's a problem with the fiber signal and this can cause delays since we have to wait for OpenNet to fix - wouldn't want you to be stuck without internet!

Will forward your contact to our customer service :)

THANKS for your promt reply.
Already sign up and a date is fixed too.....

NicBlais

Reaction score

NicBlais

Reaction score
NicBlais u forwarded my enquiry to the relevant department already?

I am free tml after 2pm shall i call james ong?

Yup, just did! Sorry for the delay, was down at EXPO helping to setup the booth (it's looking pretty darn good - can't wait for you guys to see it!)

Is it possible to shorten this lead time? Reason is that I am at home until end of the month, and I would like to have this installed while I am still at home.

We will always try to give you the earliest possible installation date - the reason why it takes so long is that we have to book a date for OpenNet to activate your line, and unfortunately that means that we're tied to their calendar. Sometimes we can get it activated within 2 weeks - our customer service officers will let you know when they process your application :)

hi viewquest, if the zhone router modem is having problem/faulty, do we have to call the hotline first to arrange? is there any sop for this:s11:

my modem no problem yet. just want to know the sop for this scenario.

If you're having problems with the modem please do call our technical support hotline 6723 8100 (option 3) - our helpdesk is open 24/7 so don't be shy :)

If we find that there's a manufacturing default with the Zhone we will replace it for you free of charge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.