Any folks on Viewqwest fibre?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wohouboy

Banned
Reaction score
We tested quite a number of remotes for the ViewQwest TV (everything from standard remotes to fancy infrared wands) - what we found is that a mouse is still the best option for browsing all the content.

Reason being that whilst some apps might be well optimized for remotes, others are not and can be quite a pain to navigate.

The wireless mouse was the best middle ground and at least anyone who has used a PC should know how to use one :)

any plans to retain the ATV option for people to need it? Maybe at a $99 premium? to push people towards the VQTV option :) hehe. Just a suggestion to be inclusive bro

NicBlais

Reaction score
Hi,

Is static IPv4/IPv6 provided as per Title? Any additional costs?

Thanks.

Hello!

Yes static IPv4 and IPv6 is provided with all our plans - there is no extra charge for this. We want you to be able to do as much as possible with your connection :D

any plans to retain the ATV option for people to need it? Maybe at a $99 premium? to push people towards the VQTV option :) hehe. Just a suggestion to be inclusive bro

Suggestion noted :D - Will feedback to management and see what they say.

Don't think we'll be able to offer at $99 though...Apple would swarm our office with lawyers if they found us discounting their products lol.

wohouboy

Banned
Reaction score
Hello!

Yes static IPv4 and IPv6 is provided with all our plans - there is no extra charge for this. We want you to be able to do as much as possible with your connection :D

Suggestion noted :D - Will feedback to management and see what they say.

Don't think we'll be able to offer at $99 though...Apple would swarm our office with lawyers if they found us discounting their products lol.

as in, $99 with a new sign up.. whereas VQTV is free with new sign ups.. it's bundling ma ;)

viewqwest

Featured Sponsor for Internet Bandwidth & Networki
Reaction score
as in, $99 with a new sign up.. whereas VQTV is free with new sign ups.. it's bundling ma ;)

As long as there is still strong demand for the Apple TV we will continue to offer it. But we do believe the Viewqwest TV based on Android provides the consumer with greater options.

wohouboy

Banned
Reaction score
As long as there is still strong demand for the Apple TV we will continue to offer it. But we do believe the Viewqwest TV based on Android provides the consumer with greater options.

great to know! :D

do agree that VQTV gives more options though, i wish my parents would be open to using a mouse for all that awesome PPTV content.

Does PPTV Premium also require a paid subscription like Hulu plus?

viewqwest

Reaction score
great to know! :D

do agree that VQTV gives more options though, i wish my parents would be open to using a mouse for all that awesome PPTV content.

Does PPTV Premium also require a paid subscription like Hulu plus?

What PPTV Premium?

With our Freedom VPN you get domestic china access to all the PPTV content. So tons of content compared to without Freedom VPN.

When you select something to watch just remember to switch the playback quality to the highest possible. Their default is lowest possible.

wohouboy

Banned
Reaction score
What PPTV Premium?

With our Freedom VPN you get domestic china access to all the PPTV content. So tons of content compared to without Freedom VPN.

When you select something to watch just remember to switch the playback quality to the highest possible. Their default is lowest possible.

i think they require you to sign up right? for bluray quality content i think payment is required or something as well... hmmm

viewqwest

Reaction score
i think they require you to sign up right? for bluray quality content i think payment is required or something as well... hmmm

no need. we all happily watching blue ray content. no need to sign up for anything.

wohouboy

Banned
Reaction score
no need. we all happily watching blue ray content. no need to sign up for anything.

this only available through VQTV's interface? I tried on a Mac and on a PC it prompted me to a payment page using Alipay if i wanted Bluray quality

viewqwest

Reaction score
this only available through VQTV's interface? I tried on a Mac and on a PC it prompted me to a payment page using Alipay if i wanted Bluray quality

no. Are you trying to access the VIP area or change the quality. We are able to do this on windows and mac as well.

stoopidbin

Reaction score
Hi ViewQwest, I am currently on your 100mpbs and my contract has ended.

1) Do I need to sign 24 months contract if I want to get the 150 bundle?

2) What are my options if I dont want to be binded for more than 12 months?

chercm

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
after faxing the application form how long will it take for the activation of the fibre service ?

batboyz

Master Member
Reaction score
after faxing the application form how long will it take for the activation of the fibre service ?

You need to wait for one of VQ sales representatives to call you to arrange for installation/activation/set up, usually takes 2-3 days for them to call you to arrange & go through the details, but give them sometime, since the PC Show was just over.

leeivan86

Reaction score
Not sure if this was highlighted before but there is a a way to get pptv like functionality on apple tv to watch all those Chinese dramas and Korean dramas without jail breaking. It uses an exploit in the trailers app. The link below shows how to do it:
Shu Wang: Hack Apple TV for Watching Chinese TVs and Videos

There is also a second method outlined here in the first picture which seems to bind a particular DNS server to a particular host name. I think this method is preferable if we do not want to lose the functionality of freedom VPN. Does anyone know how to accomplish this on the zhone router? Here is the link:
?tt???atv3????????(09-12??????)??txt??|Apple TV????? - iPhone4S|iPhone5??|iOS6 ??|iPad4|iPad mini|Mac|iPod Touch5|??|???? - WeiPhone???

wohouboy

Banned
Reaction score
Not sure if this was highlighted before but there is a a way to get pptv like functionality on apple tv to watch all those Chinese dramas and Korean dramas without jail breaking. It uses an exploit in the trailers app. The link below shows how to do it:
Shu Wang: Hack Apple TV for Watching Chinese TVs and Videos

There is also a second method outlined here in the first picture which seems to bind a particular DNS server to a particular host name. I think this method is preferable if we do not want to lose the functionality of freedom VPN. Does anyone know how to accomplish this on the zhone router? Here is the link:
?tt???atv3????????(09-12??????)??txt??|Apple TV????? - iPhone4S|iPhone5??|iOS6 ??|iPad4|iPad mini|Mac|iPod Touch5|??|???? - WeiPhone???

maybe VQ Can redirect the trailer app to this exploit for users who request it :D

kyouiku

Reaction score
hi brothers or viewquest I have switch over from the reds. Sign up yesterday at expo. Check with you beside using the mouse to contro the boxl is there any alternative or not. If using mouse have to get a 2.4Ghtz type of mouse right? Can the mouse and keyboard wireless connect to it.

Tks alot.

ceecookie

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hello!

Dont forget to inform your customers that IPv6 is only available on 3rd party routers. Some may not log into the VQ forum to come across the thread listing compatible ipv6 routers :s22:

I remember VQ send a request to Zhone for ipV6 compatible firmware as early as Q3 last year. It's surprising a year later they still havent released one yet :s22:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.