Any folks on Viewqwest fibre?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chaicka

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I understand that torrents require more seeds for faster downloading, besides this, must I do anything (e.g. port forwarding) to enhance the dl speed? appreciate any advice. using vuze.
Port Forwarding = Yes, otherwise external-initiated inbound connections will not be successful, hence you are limited to those connections that are open/initiated from your end.

Bandwidth/Capacity Settings = NEVER set 100% of your subscribed plan's speed for the downstream and upstream bandwidth/capacity settings in any torrent clients. There are other traffics such as dns, packet acknowledgement, etc that need to flow through, else it affects your torrent's performance. Personally, I set 80-90% of my plan's max speed, that leaves 10-20% for other traffics to flow.

You should be able to hit 80% or more of your VQ subscribed plan's downstream speed on popular torrents, or those with very good ultra-high speed seeds.

Last edited:

SpeedWeed

Master Member
Reaction score
I am looking at signing up for viewqwest.

however I got my flat in nov last year from hdb, there is no fibre point in the flat.

If I sign up for viewqwest, I need to pay for the cable point installation?
Possible to get it waived, if I can provide documentary proof?

How long will it take for the technician to come down?

xRenol

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I am looking at signing up for viewqwest.

however I got my flat in nov last year from hdb, there is no fibre point in the flat.

If I sign up for viewqwest, I need to pay for the cable point installation?
Possible to get it waived, if I can provide documentary proof?

How long will it take for the technician to come down?

If you are referring to the Termination Point (TP), then the installation is done by OpenNet which falls back to their schedule.

neilangierof

Reaction score
HIGH latencies in online game

Hello, I have a problem with high latency that the technical support team can't seem to fix. Hope someone will be able to give me some advice here!

Introduction:
I'm currently running the 300mbps plan from Viewqwest (WIRED). There is only one computer/device hooked up to the network. I do not download anything while gaming. My download and upload speeds are normal (measured on speedtest.net).

Problem:
I get high latency in Gotham City Impostors, which is pretty much the only online game I play at the moment. The problem is especially apparent when connected to an overseas host. All my friends (with Singtel/Starhub/MyRepublic on 100-200mbps plans) are getting 3 bars when I'm sitting on 2. I know it's a p2p game but when we're all connected to the same host, I'm the guy with the highest latency even though I'm on the most expensive plan.

Rig:
i7 3770k @4.5ghz
ASUS Maximus V Formula
GTX Titan
16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 2133
Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD
2TB Seagate HDD 7200RPM
Antec HCP1200
Windows 8 64-bit

I've been trying to get Viewqwest technical support to troubleshoot and fix the problem for the past month or so. Seems like they can't really do anything on their end though. I am almost 100% certain it's nothing to do with my computer. Is anyone else experiencing this issue? Does anyone know what the problem may be? Thank you!

chocoblitz

Reaction score
Youku.com is very slow for the past few days.

No problem using mobile connection.

Can VQ kindly look into this?

kyouiku

Reaction score
Hi brothers is there any way to contact view quest. My appointment for fiber is 2-4pm and now is 1730hrs. No reply from opennet. I try call view quest line down cannot get through. I am waiting I've a idiot for the past few hours.

desboo

Reaction score
Anyone else using Xunlei? My Xunlei seems to be unable to download after I switch to VQ....

Last edited:

kyouiku

Reaction score
Hi brothers is there any way to contact view quest. My appointment for fiber is 2-4pm and now is 1730hrs. No reply from opennet. I try call view quest line down cannot get through. I am waiting I've a idiot for the past few hours.

Hi Viewquest the opennet delay installation is not your fault. They were late for two hours. Arrived at 1800hrs. But one thing I must highlight you have the speed but you do not have the Cs. They really need to improve. I miss my show is ok. The job is done but it is your customer services who claim wants to get back to me and zero answer. I believed you have to accept and to improved in the future.

the_gryffindor

Reaction score
Is the network down? I'm experiencing very slow connections to BBC. keeps buffering or is this common for a weekend?

AC2

Reaction score
Is the network down? I'm experiencing very slow connections to BBC. keeps buffering or is this common for a weekend?

I think the networks seems to be lagging. video link from my facebook are loading very slow today. cant watch it as I play.

ceecookie

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
This is the mail system at host mail08isp.vqbn.com.

I'm sorry to have to inform you that your message could not
be delivered to one or more recipients. It's attached below.

For further assistance, please send mail to postmaster.

If you do so, please include this problem report. You can
delete your own text from the attached returned message.

The mail system

<francis@viewqwest.com> (expanded from <noc@viewqwest.com>): user unknown

Email to NOC bounced twice today

AC2

Reaction score
Qvod download are so slow this week. anything going on @ viewqwest? I downloaded some hk drama yesterday but it has been 1 day and they are still downloading lol..... Help

batboyz

Master Member
Reaction score
Something is certainly wrong with the network. It's either slow or unable to load at all. I can't even access my own website, while I can access it fine with Singtel 3G.

hwzadmin

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Dear members, please take note that this thread is now closed due to its huge size. A new thread has been automatically generated for your continued discussion here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.