Anybody using Singtel Mesh?

scubacat99

Reaction score
Thanks for the advise, appreciate. Managed to call their technical support hotline to get the firmware updated remotely just now.

the firmware is no longer available via a link. If i'm not wrong, they have stopped circulating the firmware already. They will get your singnet ID and push the firmware down remotely.

Alternatively, you might wanna try resetting the airties, because resetting the device will initiate the firmware check feature with the remote server, same goes for the ac plus/elite routers..

nmemonic

Reaction score
So the latest firmware currently is still 1.33.10.1.1368 if i understand correctly guys?

nmemonic

Reaction score
So the latest firmware currently is still 1.33.10.1.1368 if i understand correctly guys?

btw gentlemen i have "seemingly" attached the airties 4920 to my router and seems to be broadcasting. However in my main Asus routers web gui, i cannot see not select the 4920 under aimesh mode. Is this a totally different setup only applicable for ASUS branded routers specifically?.

However my secondary aSUS router can be see as a aimesh node. Im wondering is this as it should be?

sweeyih

Reaction score
Hi sweeyih,

May I ask how did you get the firmware to be updated to 1.33.10.1.1368 which I believe is the latest version? Singtel seems quite slow in response nowadays on this forum, unlike previously when I ask for firmware update for my pair of Airties 4920, which they responded and PM me within 2-3 days.

BTW, I'm currently a customer of Singtel's fibre broadband and MioTV, Home digital line services for more than 10 years already.

Think Singtel updated one of it remotely but miss the other one maybe cause is second node, I tried the update button but doesn't work.

sweeyih

Reaction score
the firmware is no longer available via a link. If i'm not wrong, they have stopped circulating the firmware already. They will get your singnet ID and push the firmware down remotely.

Alternatively, you might wanna try resetting the airties, because resetting the device will initiate the firmware check feature with the remote server, same goes for the ac plus/elite routers..

Just try to reset factory default, hope it update firmware but too bad it doesn't work for me.

scubacat99

Reaction score
Believr you need to call Singtel support hotline to do the firmware update remotely again. The Singtel support personnel I encountered was very helpful and patient to guide me through the process.

Just try to reset factory default, hope it update firmware but too bad it doesn't work for me.

Singtel

Featured Sponsor
Reaction score
Hi sweeyih,

Kindly PM us with your Singnet ID and contact no. and our fibre team can help you look into this, thanks.

Think Singtel updated one of it remotely but miss the other one maybe cause is second node, I tried the update button but doesn't work.

sweeyih

Reaction score
Believr you need to call Singtel support hotline to do the firmware update remotely again. The Singtel support personnel I encountered was very helpful and patient to guide me through the process.

Bro, u are rite, the support hotline lady is super, good job Singtel, ur price is higher but u had improve ur hotline, great experience call in, hope they maintaince. :) Btw why Singtel dun update our device firmware regularly? Is it worry when remotely update halfway but we don't know & turn device off will cause it damage? Thank.

endlssorrow

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If singtel don’t upgrade update their imesh firmware anymore mean users cannot use anymore ?

kakaBoBo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
if user change change isp also no longer getting firmware update ?

ahkrong

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi people, i just started using this askey wifi mesh from singtel as well. I was able to connect to the network with my handphone but when it comes to connecting with my laptop, the connection only lasted for about 5 mins and out of sudden the connection becomes limited and unable to surf. Anyone encountered this, and how to resolve this connection problem?
Thanks in advance.

Sent from mai dua karchng using GAGT

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi people, i just started using this askey wifi mesh from singtel as well. I was able to connect to the network with my handphone but when it comes to connecting with my laptop, the connection only lasted for about 5 mins and out of sudden the connection becomes limited and unable to surf. Anyone encountered this, and how to resolve this connection problem?
Thanks in advance.

is your laptop the old model?

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yes, its 2012 model if i'm not mistaken.

probably its the beam forming that is causing the incompatibility. I can't remember if there is an option to disable beam forming, but you might wanna try reducing the bandwidth to 20/40?

ahkrong

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
probably its the beam forming that is causing the incompatibility. I can't remember if there is an option to disable beam forming, but you might wanna try reducing the bandwidth to 20/40?
Sorry but I'm a noob. How do i reduce the bandwidth? Or is there a step by step that i can reference to? Thanks a million.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.