Anyone here using Netgear Orbi, please share your experience here

linx823

Reaction score
I don't think my AC1900 has any prob as there is no wifi issue if I connect my TV directly to the AC1900, which is hooked to the wall RJ socket linked to the ONT in the switch area.

I can't get it work however, if I leave my AC1900 in the switch area together with the ONT, and connect to my TV via the same wall RJ socket.

Once bridged, airport will become an access point.

For Orbi, I will put on the main in the living room and other other in the bedroom. Just hook it up to the wall RJ and the other end to the TV. Hopefully the TV will work with the VLAN tagging settings. I know nuts about QoS... =(

You have to find out if it's the ac1900 is faulty or your airports are not working well in ap mode or was it a bridged mode? It sounds more like an ap mode to me.

Orbi itself needs to have both router and satellite nodes be communicating with each other. If you put onw in db box and another at your room, I doubt it will work.

If I were you, I'll abandon airports and use a wireless access points instead..

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Very confusing.. Hahas

It's okay, I'll try to suggest some advices when I'm little more free to digest the info..

I don't think my AC1900 has any prob as there is no wifi issue if I connect my TV directly to the AC1900, which is hooked to the wall RJ socket linked to the ONT in the switch area.

I can't get it work however, if I leave my AC1900 in the switch area together with the ONT, and connect to my TV via the same wall RJ socket.

Once bridged, airport will become an access point.

For Orbi, I will put on the main in the living room and other other in the bedroom. Just hook it up to the wall RJ and the other end to the TV. Hopefully the TV will work with the VLAN tagging settings. I know nuts about QoS... =(

tkl23786

Master Member
Reaction score
I wish I can PM you or put up some images. But I can't do it at the moment because I didn't have enough posts. =(

you can go to EDMW and post in those threads until you have accumulated sufficient post count.......

:s13::D;)

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.