Aztech DSL7000GRV router from Singtel

ideatalk

Reaction score
Hi guys. Regarding to my previous issue about the speed capping at 150mpbs despite having a 100mpbs NIC, subscribing to a 150mbps. It is finally fixed. But at a cost, i reformatted my laptop. :(
Currently using a Lenovo laptop and some of you might have this problem, who was it?
Was it you @Henry Ng

how u do it?

Dunce_

Reaction score
how u do it?

Like i said, i had to reformat it. I didn't want to do it at first but since, i had too many files and was just lazy to delete and remove everything manually, i reformatted it and to my surprise i got back the rightful speed.

ideatalk

Reaction score
Like i said, i had to reformat it. I didn't want to do it at first but since, i had too many files and was just lazy to delete and remove everything manually, i reformatted it and to my surprise i got back the rightful speed.

not sure if it will work for me

xJeris

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Finally resolved my Nas issue..

Now my bro complain say wifi sucks.

Is it true

simwb90

Reaction score
Hi,

I noticed the Aztech's advanced configurations page has Home Network -> WLAN->Advanced Settings.
Would someone be kind enough to tell me what the options do?
I assume Hidden means the SSID is hidden.
I have no idea what Isolate Clients and Disable WMM Advertise do.

From the looks of it, it seems I can create a separate network just for guests. Neat~

Reaction score
Hey people, not sure if this will help anyone, but I found that by enabling "uPnP" in the router config page, we can avoid the hassle of configuring manual port-forwarding and static IPs..

Of course, uPnP has certain potential security issues, but it isn't as bad as it sounds.

On a sidenote, if anyone wants to do the manual port-forwarding and static IPs, here's an excellent link - link

Last edited:

kashix

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I noticed the Aztech's advanced configurations page has Home Network -> WLAN->Advanced Settings.
Would someone be kind enough to tell me what the options do?
I assume Hidden means the SSID is hidden.
I have no idea what Isolate Clients and Disable WMM Advertise do.

From the looks of it, it seems I can create a separate network just for guests. Neat~

don't meddle with isolate clients and disable wmm advertise if you don't know what you're doing. lol

simwb90

Reaction score
don't meddle with isolate clients and disable wmm advertise if you don't know what you're doing. lol

Lolz which is why im asking mahs~
I want to set a separate AP for guests to use rather than having to give them my password every single time they come.

Reaction score
Lolz which is why im asking mahs~
I want to set a separate AP for guests to use rather than having to give them my password every single time they come.

I am not too sure about guest SSIDs, but you could try checking the "enabled" column under "Guest1" SSID to try it out.

This Aztech router supports multiple SSIDs.. so it should work.

Hidden - Most likely referring to hiding the detection of the SSID broadcast. Which means devices such as laptops etc cannot detect the network. But of course, there are other means to still detect the 'hidden' network.

WMM advertise - I googled this term and quoted this from a site
Basically, the 802.11n spec requires devices to support 802.11e (Quality of Service [QoS] enhancements for wireless LAN) in order to use HT (High Throughput) link rates, i.e. higher than 54 Mbps. (WMM is a subset of 802.11e that was created by the Wi-Fi Alliance as a stop-gap measure while 802.11e made its way slowly through the IEEE review process.) WMM's Traffic Identifier (TID) field is key to aggregation mechanisms, including block acknowledgement (block ACK), that enable 802.11n's high throughput rates.

Since WMM support is required for products to be certified for 802.11n, WMM comes enabled by default in all Wi-Fi Certified n APs and wireless routers. So even if you don't have any WMM-aware devices on your network, leave WMM enabled or you may find your clients connecting only at 54 Mbps rates.

~大.芒.果~

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
anyone can advise why i cannot access other pcs in my network when i connect via wifi? if i connect on LAN, it works just fine.

Reaction score
Aztech DSL7000GRV-(S)

I gotten this router after recontacting my fibre service.

This router support Samba File share. IP6 tunnel to singtel 6TO4 and many other features.

The additional feature will require access to Admin Page(http://192.168.1.254/singtel).

I can say that the configuration for this Admin Page unlocks many new feature.

If you need the password you can PM me.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Admin Login Information:
userid: admin
password: H3ll0t3ch
HI I think th admin and password does not work any more mine is a

Model: DSL7000GRV(S)
Firmware Version: 261.6.1-015A
Software Version: V4.12L.02
Bootloader (CFE) Version: 1.0.38-112.37

~大.芒.果~

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
HI I think th admin and password does not work any more mine is a

Model: DSL7000GRV(S)
Firmware Version: 261.6.1-015A
Software Version: V4.12L.02
Bootloader (CFE) Version: 1.0.38-112.37
same version & model as u...managed to login with that.

Reaction score
Yeah thks for the tip tried and works but not much use also . By the way , just got my fibre today .

MIO HomeFibre Plan : 150mbps + MIO TV
Wireless: 40+ Mbps
Wired: 80+ Mbps

My bottle neck seems to be my existing net work cable that is an lan point extension from my utility room (where Db box is stored) to my living room that was converted from cat 5 to cat5e ( capped at 100Mbps) .

Thus it's really stupid to get any thing more than 100 Mbps unless u are using wired connection . my only way out now is to relocate fibre point from my ultility room to my living room than it will get me a 150 Mbps connection ( via wired connection ) . As to geting a decent ~ 300mpbs wireless signal you will need a decent wireless adaptor on your laptop and a router that supports 5GHz with at least 802.11n technology .

Seriously , I might as well get starhub cable . It also has 100mbps pkg it will function just as well. If its not for the miohome bundle , I will switch , too much trouble .

Any advice out there ?

Last edited:

ideatalk

Reaction score
Yeah thks for the tip tried and works but not much use also . By the way , just got my fibre today .

My bottle neck seems to be my existing net work cable that is an lan point extension from my utility room (where Db box is stored) to my living room that was converted from cat 5 to cat5e ( capped at 100Mbps) .

Thus it's really stupid to get any thing more than 100 Mbps unless u are using wired connection . my only way out now is to relocate fibre point from my ultility room to my living room than it will get me a 150 Mbps connection ( via wired connection ) . As to geting a decent ~ 300mpbs wireless signal you will need a decent wireless adaptor on your laptop and a router that supports 5GHz with at least 802.11n technology .

Seriously , I might as well get starhub cable . It also has 100mbps pkg it will function just as well. If its not for the miohome bundle , I will switch , too much trouble .

Any advice out there ?
did the mobile discount help to reduce your subscription payment?

ideatalk

Reaction score

Any advice out there ?
based on the advertisement today, i think u may want to ask for free upgrade to 200mbps

cloud77

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, can I get some of your feedback on this modem ? I am on the old Fibre 50Mbs plan and was thinking of upgrading to the 200M fibre entertainment bundle. Was told that my modem will be changed to this if I upgrade. I am currently using the old NV5012 modem.

For those who had upgrade from NV5012, do you experience any drop in the wireless range of the modem or the transfer speed ? generally is the modem stable and any issue with torrenting ? Thnks !

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.