Can replace pace router to cisco linksys EA2700?

virus2977

Reaction score
Can i replace the S_H_I_T pace router to my linksys EA2700?
Cos i try to setup from ONT -> linksys 2700 is not working.
But from ONT -> pace -> linksys EA2700 is working.
Anyone know how to setup without the pace?
Can pace set to bridge mode?

feintan

Reaction score
Seems that your Fiber line is tag. You need a router that support vlan to use the router direct. Not sure of the setting and also not sure if your router have that features.

Not sure if this helps you but you can read and get more information about the setting. I too find the setting to be complicate as I don't understand how vlan works.

DD-WRT Forum :: View topic - VLAN ID settings for Singnet Fibre Broadband [SOLVED]

easiest way is to call up singnet CS and ask them if you can untag your fiber so that you can use any router of your choice in future. There may be a fee for it and save your trouble in future.

Last edited:

whaleshark87

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Seems that your Fiber line is tag. You need a router that support vlan to use the router direct. Not sure of the setting and also not sure if your router have that features.

Not sure if this helps you but you can read and get more information about the setting. I too find the setting to be complicate as I don't understand how vlan works.

DD-WRT Forum :: View topic - VLAN ID settings for Singnet Fibre Broadband [SOLVED]

easiest way is to call up singnet CS and ask them if you can untag your fiber so that you can use any router of your choice in future. There may be a fee for it and save your trouble in future.

For singtel vlan cannot be untagged for consumer fiber.

feintan

Reaction score
that really sucks, luckily i subscribe M1, the CS told me my line is untag.

ysl060704

Reaction score
that really sucks, luckily i subscribe M1, the CS told me my line is untag.

THAT is the only reason why I considering to subscribe to M1.

But I keep hearing M1 internet very bad always down so I'm very conflicted.

feintan

Reaction score
Have just change to M1 for 2 weeks, so far so good. Am happy with it. I'm staying Eunos area.

Subscribe to 150 Mbs but my home network max can get 90 mbs via wifi. Have no issue with it. Need more time to monitor.

virus2977

Reaction score
I hear pple said cisco switch slm2008T got vlan setting which can bypass the pace router. That mean ont -> Cisco switch slm2008T -> any router. But can the Cisco switch can use for mio tv? Cos I got mio tv.

virus2977

Reaction score
Just get my cisco switch to do untagged. My mio TV and internet work!!
viola.....

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.