Can use singtel preset Router for M1 connection?

Benihime

Reaction score
Hi All,

I intend to subscribe to M1 fibre 200MB plan and would like to check if I can use back an old router from Singtel, model: Aztech DSL7002GRV(S). Called both M1 and Singtel and they are unable to advise.

I understand that singtel router have been preset with it's own configuration, hence, I'm unsure if I will be able to use it.

Anyone knows?

TIA

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
You can't use it as a router for m1. Although it might work as an access point with m1 router..

Henry Ng

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

I intend to subscribe to M1 fibre 200MB plan and would like to check if I can use back an old router from Singtel, model: Aztech DSL7002GRV(S). Called both M1 and Singtel and they are unable to advise.

I understand that singtel router have been preset with it's own configuration, hence, I'm unsure if I will be able to use it.

Anyone knows?

TIA

This question was answered so many times here. Yesterday someone just asked. No you can not as the router is preset specially for ST. The router is cheaper when you buy from M1 and it has 3 yrs warranty. You can re-contract on the 21st mth and reuse the router you just purchased.

steven168z

Master Member
Reaction score
it should be able to use.

http://www.aztech.com/prod_fiber_fg7002.html

The Aztech FG7002GRV(S) Gateway is an integrated access device, which supports multi WAN connection with ADSL2/2+, Dual Band 802.11b/g/n wireless, 4-Port Gigabit Ethernet switch, 1-Port Gigabit WAN port for fiber ONT, Voice-over-IP and USB 2.0 Host. This Aztech new generation gateway supports ITU G.992.3 (ADSL2), G.992.5 (ADSL2+) and RE-ADSL Ready; and it has a solid interoperability performance with various brands of DSLAM. Aztech FG7002GRV(S) Gateway also supports Annex M standard, which support up to 3Mbps on the uplink.

2a5bwic.jpg

Last edited:

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
it should be able to use.

http://www.aztech.com/prod_fiber_fg7002.html

The Aztech FG7002GRV(S) Gateway is an integrated access device, which supports multi WAN connection with ADSL2/2+, Dual Band 802.11b/g/n wireless, 4-Port Gigabit Ethernet switch, 1-Port Gigabit WAN port for fiber ONT, Voice-over-IP and USB 2.0 Host. This Aztech new generation gateway supports ITU G.992.3 (ADSL2), G.992.5 (ADSL2+) and RE-ADSL Ready; and it has a solid interoperability performance with various brands of DSLAM. Aztech FG7002GRV(S) Gateway also supports Annex M standard, which support up to 3Mbps on the uplink.

2a5bwic.jpg

Wah.. you just slammed a picture on Google image and says it should work? Some more u talking about 7002 but u show a 7000 picture.. :D

If you check in depth, this model falls under the OEM category.. Therefore due to firmware restriction, it will not work with other isp..

Henry Ng

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Wah.. you just slammed a picture on Google image and says it should work? Some more u talking about 7002 but u show a 7000 picture.. :D

If you check in depth, this model falls under the OEM category.. Therefore due to firmware restriction, it will not work with other isp..

Even FG7003 will not work for ST unlimited fibre plan too. ST told me it will not work earlier when i signed up. Later i use my ST AC87U for M1 1Gbps and connect directly to ONT for ST unlimited fibre. Then i do not need 2 isp and decide to terminate ST. At first i also want to buy VQ Tv box but hold back because Netflix coming to Sg. Cheaper to get Netflix in sg.

Last edited:

steven168z

Master Member
Reaction score

i have a 8xxx singtel router which i use it internally and it working.

i used to have a 7XXX singtel router working previously and now the router spoil.

i insert the lan cable into the singtel wan port and i able to use as another internal subnet

steven168z

Master Member
Reaction score
Even FG7003 will not work for ST unlimited fibre plan too. ST told me it will not work earlier when i signed up. Later i use my ST AC87U for M1 1Gbps and connect directly to ONT for ST unlimited fibre. Then i do not need 2 isp and decide to terminate ST. At first i also want to buy VQ Tv box but hold back because Netflix coming to Sg. Cheaper to get Netflix in sg.

Netflix in sg not the same as Netflix in us.

the library catalog won't be the same.

it is like the kindle library book in US or JP etc etc.

Netflix in sg will go thru the cut here cut there and remaining what you allow to see only.

most people apply VPN and watch Netflix in US.

if you only access US only than you can use any ISP and need to set router vpn to watch Netflix or hulu in US.

if you want better than you left with VQ with VQ freedom VPN which allow many channel to many countries at the same time.
USA
UK
CHINA
MALAYSIA
HONG-KONG
UAE

http://www.viewqwest.com/products.html

Last edited:

Henry Ng

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Netflix in sg not the same as Netflix in us.

the library catalog won't be the same.

it is like the kindle library book in US or JP etc etc.

Netflix in sg will go thru the cut here cut there and remaining what you allow to see only.

most people apply VPN and watch Netflix in US.

if you only access US only than you can use any ISP and need to set router vpn to watch Netflix or hulu in US.

if you want better than you left with VQ with VQ freedom VPN which allow many channel to many countries at the same time.
USA
UK
CHINA
MALAYSIA
HONG-KONG
UAE

http://www.viewqwest.com/products.html

Shall see how it goes as i heard that it is working with the authority to do away with such requirement.

steven168z

Master Member
Reaction score
Shall see how it goes as i heard that it is working with the authority to do away with such requirement.

i doubt it easy..

even SCV movies channel 866

Lan Kwai Fong 1, 2 ,3 also have cut here cut there in order to show on SCV network.

Lan Kwai Fong 3 is a 2014 blue comedy film directed by Wilson Chin and produced by Ng Kin-Hung. Lan Kwai Fong 3 is a sequel to 2011's Lan Kwai Fong and 2012's Lan Kwai Fong 2 as part of the Lan Kwai Fong theatrical series.

furthermore Netflix won't be so fast one...

Henry Ng

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i doubt it easy..

even SCV movies channel 866

Lan Kwai Fong 1, 2 ,3 also have cut here cut there in order to show on SCV network.

Lan Kwai Fong 3 is a 2014 blue comedy film directed by Wilson Chin and produced by Ng Kin-Hung. Lan Kwai Fong 3 is a sequel to 2011's Lan Kwai Fong and 2012's Lan Kwai Fong 2 as part of the Lan Kwai Fong theatrical series.

furthermore Netflix won't be so fast one...

Heard that Netflix setting up their sg office by end of 2015 and it will be the central for Asia area. Shall wait & see.

kucheech

Master Member
Reaction score
so is it confirmed that it is NOT possible to connect Singtel FG7002GRV(S) to M1/Huawei ONT?

Henry Ng

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
so is it confirmed that it is NOT possible to connect Singtel FG7002GRV(S) to M1/Huawei ONT?
Do not worry about router price as M1 do give discount for the router and no where you can get a new router at their price in sg. Just get their ASUS Router at $5/mth and one time payment of $29 to get their ASUS RT-AC56S with 3 years warranty and within 3 yrs u can bring it down to Kallang Avenue for a one to one exchange during weekdays (with receipt). You can still recycle your router when you recontract on the 21st month. This router can be use for other isp in sg.

madcampus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I'm jumping ship to M1 as well. Wondering if my old Singtel router Pace A5520N can use for their 200mbps plan. I don't need the faster dual band. Current Singtel 200mbps speed already very satisfactory. So see no point in getting a new router. Any advice appreciated.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.