HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Forced from cable TV to fibre TV by Starhub

Like Tree75Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-06-2019, 06:20 PM   #2896
Arch-Supremacy Member

Does this mean that if I subscribe Singtel MIO without fibre broadband I can still get internet access by using managed switch to tag VLAN 10?
Mio TV alone will give u only Fibre TV. The TV signal will still come from the fibre network but no internet. If you subscribed to homehub then you get TV, internet, house phone and mobile BB 1GB data.
Henry Ng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2019, 03:47 PM   #2897
Arch-Supremacy Member

Finally switched from cable to fibre 1Gbps @19.90 with free router today.
knn they offer me $22.90

and a free $20 robinson voucher

i wonder how they decide the offer
Old 11-06-2019, 05:30 PM   #2898

I got myself a Mi Box S delivered yesterday, Netflix works and my son Chromecast the NBA Game this morning and all seems to work fine no issue. I have ViewQwest and Starhub CableBB as backup, so I just signed up with Whizcomms for a no-frills 500Gbps for my backup Internet.

I've decided to terminate Starhub tomorrow, returning their set-top box and remote plus whatever cables I have. Wow, I was a customer since their first started Business and severe ties after such a long time.

I think the viewership has changed a lot, people can get the channels and view anytime they want instead of by fixed schedules. For any provider, that still wants to hold on to past glory, I think that ship has sailed.
romeo88 likes this.
hanz170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2019, 05:48 PM   #2899
Master Member

I got myself a Mi Box S delivered yesterday, Netflix works and my son Chromecast the NBA Game this morning and all seems to work fine no issue. I have ViewQwest and Starhub CableBB as backup, so I just signed up with Whizcomms for a no-frills 500Gbps for my backup Internet.

I've decided to terminate Starhub tomorrow, returning their set-top box and remote plus whatever cables I have. Wow, I was a customer since their first started Business and severe ties after such a long time.

I think the viewership has changed a lot, people can get the channels and view anytime they want instead of by fixed schedules. For any provider, that still wants to hold on to past glory, I think that ship has sailed.
woaaahhhhhhhhhh dafuggggg !!!!!!!500Gbps!!!!!!!

that speed I think can try challenge NASA let them panic abit.. somemore is just a "no frills backup internet", that's like saying "I have an Airbus Beluga at my backyard but it's just there to bring my dogs to the groomer once in awhile.." really is jin satki mens..

lol 500Gbps don't bother waste your time go return la.. you just demand them send a technician come and collect themselves and when they reach just throw the box at them and show them your 500Gbps speedtest result. I think even if their head factured they also llst kneel down and kowtow then say sorry to you and quietly crawl out of your house..

Sent from Samsung SM-G965F using GAGT
Charlie_Zhan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2019, 06:24 PM   #2900

500Mbps, typo.
Old 11-06-2019, 06:26 PM   #2901
Arch-Supremacy Member

Such TV ERA has been over a few years ago. Now still got TVB anywhere so such middle man is hard to do. Direct from supplier now.
Old 11-06-2019, 06:28 PM   #2902
Arch-Supremacy Member

More and more to cut their TV.
Old 11-06-2019, 06:36 PM   #2903

Such TV ERA has been over a few years ago. Now still got TVB anywhere so such middle man is hard to do. Direct from supplier now.
I was surprised how good Chromecast video quality is, should have tried sooner.
Old 11-06-2019, 07:11 PM   #2904
Arch-Supremacy Member

knn they offer me $22.90

and a free $20 robinson voucher

i wonder how they decide the offer
Wonder why you didn't get the $19.90 Fibre BB offer
Even with the $20 voucher break into 24 months is 83c per month and you still paying $22 per month for the 1Gbps Fibre BB. Although $2 difference a small amount but to me I never want big c/o like ISPs to profit more from me
cybertech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2019, 07:50 AM   #2905
Arch-Supremacy Member

Wonder why you didn't get the $19.90 Fibre BB offer
Even with the $20 voucher break into 24 months is 83c per month and you still paying $22 per month for the 1Gbps Fibre BB. Although $2 difference a small amount but to me I never want big c/o like ISPs to profit more from me
Such promotion is based on a case to case basis.
Old 12-06-2019, 02:45 PM   #2906

Another great advantage of subscribing direct from TVB I just realised is you get to watch their latest dramas earlier... Much earlier than with Starhub TV. My wife used to worry about me terminating our SCV but know she is happily watching the latest while her friends complaint nothing to watch on their Starhub fibre TV
tunasing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2019, 03:48 PM   #2907

Another great advantage of subscribing direct from TVB I just realised is you get to watch their latest dramas earlier... Much earlier than with Starhub TV. My wife used to worry about me terminating our SCV but know she is happily watching the latest while her friends complaint nothing to watch on their Starhub fibre TV
Depends on the drama. Some dramas release 5 eps per week due to agreement with China. For StarHub side, they follow TVB schedule, that's why some drama never release 5 eps at 1 shot

TWICE 트와이스 | IZ*ONE 아이즈원

TVB Dramas | List of Dramas | TWICE Fanclub | S.H.E Fanclub
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Ottoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2019, 04:35 PM   #2908
Arch-Supremacy Member

Yes most dramas are the latest and immediately available when TVB is ready.
Old 12-06-2019, 05:05 PM   #2909

Depends on the drama. Some dramas release 5 eps per week due to agreement with China. For StarHub side, they follow TVB schedule, that's why some drama never release 5 eps at 1 shot
Thanks for the info. Guess I'm not talking about loading speed but when the drama is available to us after TVB release it in HK. Occasionally you can still get one that is 同步播放 but majority is only after a couple of weeks delay.
Old 12-06-2019, 05:09 PM   #2910

Yes most dramas are the latest and immediately available when TVB is ready.
Turn out Starhub Go is on par with TVB Anywhere+, both has two episodes of "Big White Dual" loaded the last I checked.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.