Linksys EA7500 by starhub

LaMission

Reaction score
starhub is providing the linksys ea7500 v2 router with their 1G fibre broadband.

Anyone have any experience using the linksys ea7500? how is the performance compared with the dlink dir868?

quinnkei

Reaction score
DIR868 is the 1st generation AC router compare to Linksys.
Performance will be better but depends on your usage

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ea7500 will be better in terms of coverage due to its external antennas.. Perhaps you try first hen post your experience? Hahas

starhub is providing the linksys ea7500 v2 router with their 1G fibre broadband.

Anyone have any experience using the linksys ea7500? how is the performance compared with the dlink dir868?

slwong

Reaction score
any updates? still looking at whether to change to velop/orbi Or just recontract and get the new router

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Starhub said v2. online don't have v2. Compare to old router - 868L what is the diff in performance and speed.

Not sure about the hardware revision, but I can pop by challenger later to have a look at the latest stock available on retail store, since I'm otw to get something as well.

Well generally speaking you will expect ea7500 to have a better coverage and throughput based on its external antenna and that ea7500 is ac1900 class wireless router which provides up to 1300mbps on wireless ac 5Ghz, in contrary to dir 868L which is only ac1750 class wireless router.

For that one point you will expect your wireless device to connect to a higher speed band provided your wireless device can support that fast. If your wireless devices cant, then its your wireless device that is bottlenecking.

Apart from that, ea7500 supports mu-mimo and auto firmware updates, companion app experience etc..

eric3743

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Not sure about the hardware revision, but I can pop by challenger later to have a look at the latest stock available on retail store, since I'm otw to get something as well.

Well generally speaking you will expect ea7500 to have a better coverage and throughput based on its external antenna and that ea7500 is ac1900 class wireless router which provides up to 1300mbps on wireless ac 5Ghz, in contrary to dir 868L which is only ac1750 class wireless router.

For that one point you will expect your wireless device to connect to a higher speed band provided your wireless device can support that fast. If your wireless devices cant, then its your wireless device that is bottlenecking.

Apart from that, ea7500 supports mu-mimo and auto firmware updates, companion app experience etc..

It is a new revision.
Firstly, there is a need to upgrade the firmware before using, else may encountered issues as some customers were not told.

Link to forum staff reviews and at the end there are reviews by us, including me, same username, stated in the links.
Better review is the 3rd link at the end.
I did a review with better result than 868 in term of wireless too, 2nd link.

https://community.starhub.com/t5/Te...nksys-MAX-STREAM-EA7500-AC1900-MU/ba-p/144401

:D:s12::)

Last edited:

eric3743

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Far better than Dlink Dir-868L.
Dlink is going to loose big...:s13:
As also given to include recontract customers.:D

curo

Master Member
Reaction score
It is a new revision.
Firstly, there is a need to upgrade the firmware before using, else may encountered issues as some customers were not told.

Link to forum staff reviews and at the end there are reviews by us, including me, same username, stated in the links.
Better review is the 3rd link at the end.
I did a review with better result than 868 in term of wireless too, 2nd link.

https://community.starhub.com/t5/Te...nksys-MAX-STREAM-EA7500-AC1900-MU/ba-p/144401

:D:s12::)

What other link bro? Only 1 link tat talk abt the new router by Amy.

x3nogear

Reaction score
Singtel user here who bought the router. Installed in but to my huge shock the connection couldn't work initially and now the wifi speeds are only 0.15mbps. Anybody here in the same situation or can advise?

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Singtel user here who bought the router. Installed in but to my huge shock the connection couldn't work initially and now the wifi speeds are only 0.15mbps. Anybody here in the same situation or can advise?

I'm unsure if ea7500 supports iptv profile, let me get back to you shortly..

eric3743

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
What other link bro? Only 1 link tat talk abt the new router by Amy.
Oop ..sorry not to explained...
You need to follow the Guide in order to do setup the router.
Then follow by upgrade upgrade firmware which takes about 7 minutes, in my setup.
Finally do sign up to Linksys Smart WiFi as useful tools for making changes in settings as in SSID and other connections to as in HDD & printer.
My review on 2nd link at the end.

After u completed the router setup & firmware upgrade, everything should be fine.
Should the connections is still not ok, then contact ISP.
Starhub HOTline 1633 direct to Broadband tech support line, not CS.
Request the staff to Refresh ur IP, n follow their procedure.
Do note this may take several minutes so if the line is busy call later as this is online support.

Hope this will help.:D

Sent from Seven Enlightenment using GAGT

eric3743

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Do ensure u have the latest model: EA7500-AH
Do read my post #14.
Upgrade firmware is must as most items are before new &or latest firmware, common in most products.:D

eric3743

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I'm unsure if ea7500 supports iptv profile, let me get back to you shortly..
The latest is version 2.
Note the model: EA7500-AH
A must to upgrade firmware.:D

This review would give you a better info.

https://community.starhub.com/t5/Equipment/Review-of-an-Old-Issue-with-a-New-Router-Linksys-EA7500-v2/m-p/144162#M81

Note on the version date.:D

Last edited:

curo

Master Member
Reaction score
Oop ..sorry not to explained...
You need to follow the Guide in order to do setup the router.
Then follow by upgrade upgrade firmware which takes about 7 minutes, in my setup.
Finally do sign up to Linksys Smart WiFi as useful tools for making changes in settings as in SSID and other connections to as in HDD & printer.
My review on 2nd link at the end.

After u completed the router setup & firmware upgrade, everything should be fine.
Should the connections is still not ok, then contact ISP.
Starhub HOTline 1633 direct to Broadband tech support line, not CS.
Request the staff to Refresh ur IP, n follow their procedure.
Do note this may take several minutes so if the line is busy call later as this is online support.

Hope this will help.:D

Thanks bro. My fault too. Did not notice the 3 links at the end of the article. "Blind"...

Just to check, altot it is a MU-MIMO router, I understand (from google search) that the device must be a MU-MIMO enable device to make use of this function else its just a router. In this case, its a router with a wifi range as compare to the 868L. Correct me if I'm wrong.

eric3743

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks bro. My fault too. Did not notice the 3 links at the end of the article. "Blind"...

Just to check, altot it is a MU-MIMO router, I understand (from google search) that the device must be a MU-MIMO enable device to make use of this function else its just a router. In this case, its a router with a wifi range as compare to the 868L. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Better than 868L, if you read the review in the 3rd link, more detailed on comparison to another model 890L which is better than 868L.

It is more on the router side to provide and thus enable better reception.
Partly it is new technology, so no one may yet able to do much reveal on this.
:D:)

curo

Master Member
Reaction score
Better than 868L, if you read the review in the 3rd link, more detailed on comparison to another model 890L which is better than 868L.

It is more on the router side to provide and thus enable better reception.
Partly it is new technology, so no one may yet able to do much reveal on this.
:D:)

lol.. ya. What i wanted to said was a router that has a better wifi range as compare to 868L.

So for people who are looking for a router with a better and strong wifi, its still ok to renew and get this router

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.