M1 FIBRE BROADBAND DISCUSSION

Status
Not open for further replies.

chengsun

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Its part of the contract leh. How to cancell it.
free for 1st 12 months and after tt it is chargeable.

Can.
I recontracted online, when I was at the m1 shop I told the person that I did not want mibox, she removed that from my contract right away.

Oranger

Reaction score
Hey guys, dunno where to ask this so hopefully someone can help me out with some info.

Upgraded my M1 200Mbps to 1Gbps recently. Tested from modem to PC, can hit near 1Gbps based on speedtest. Via router connection, can only hit 220Mbps.

Am using Asus RT-N66U with Tomato firmware 1.28. Are there actually anything I need to set/unset inside the router to achieve that? Didn't have QoS running. Am lost about what I should do here..

albertlee

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, dunno where to ask this so hopefully someone can help me out with some info.

Upgraded my M1 200Mbps to 1Gbps recently. Tested from modem to PC, can hit near 1Gbps based on speedtest. Via router connection, can only hit 220Mbps.

Am using Asus RT-N66U with Tomato firmware 1.28. Are there actually anything I need to set/unset inside the router to achieve that? Didn't have QoS running. Am lost about what I should do here..

Do you get the same result using the stock firmware?

Also, have you try this?
http://digiex.net/guides-reviews/gu...rove-wan-lan-throughput-fast-nat-bcm-nat.html

Oranger

Reaction score
Do you get the same result using the stock firmware?

Also, have you try this?
http://digiex.net/guides-reviews/gu...rove-wan-lan-throughput-fast-nat-bcm-nat.html

Thanks for ur prompt help! Didnt want to go back to the stock firmware.. Have gone through the link you posted and it actually helped where I'm now getting the below speed:

Basically bout 100Mbps higher than what I got before enabling this Fast-NAT. Thanks for that!

Other than the above, can't figure out what may be the crippling setting that I've still on.

albertlee

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks for ur prompt help! Didnt want to go back to the stock firmware.. Have gone through the link you posted and it actually helped where I'm now getting the below speed:

< image removed >

Basically bout 100Mbps higher than what I got before enabling this Fast-NAT. Thanks for that!

Other than the above, can't figure out what may be the crippling setting that I've still on.

Probably due to hardware NAT feature not fully implemented in your current firmware. A number of 3rd party firmware (OpenWRT, DD-WRT, Gargoyle, etc) do not have them resulting in poor WAN-to-LAN throughput.

Citiguy

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I went to M1 shop to recontract my broadband. Was told that M1 will be having a roadshow on 4, 5, 6 & 7 June at Expo. I wonder what promotions that will be available then. Hence, I did not recontract just now.

chengsun

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I went to M1 shop to recontract my broadband. Was told that M1 will be having a roadshow on 4, 5, 6 & 7 June at Expo. I wonder what promotions that will be available then. Hence, I did not recontract just now.

PC Show 2015, 4th - 7th June @Expo

Last edited:

Jurong640

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
yes, it's june 4th. PC Show. By then M1 will have another round of offers

B_EArth

Reaction score
Recontracted from 200mpbs to m1 1gs around 6pm yesterday, about 9pm i got the new speed already using N56U. Didnt buy the router, was told i could opt to buy the router at the discounted price in future during my contract.

Jurong640

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Recontracted from 200mpbs to m1 1gs around 6pm yesterday, about 9pm i got the new speed already using N56U. Didnt buy the router, was told i could opt to buy the router at the discounted price in future during my contract.

yup, N56U still supports 1gbps via LAN. So u dont need buy router.. Save money

Jurong640

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
m1 shop westmall cso said it dont support.:s22:

current black huawei modem can support?

if im not wrong, the black ONT is able to support. Just that the new ONT by M1 is now White in colour. The white version has cooler temperature not so hot. Was told that the black ones are very hot.

Via LAN cable should be able to hit 1gbps. But wifi might be slower than those AC87 or 68U

Henry Ng

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
if im not wrong, the black ONT is able to support. Just that the new ONT by M1 is now White in colour. The white version has cooler temperature not so hot. Was told that the black ones are very hot.

Via LAN cable should be able to hit 1gbps. But wifi might be slower than those AC87 or 68U

No la, it can support 1Gbps but it will not hit 1Gbps speed. Most people is ~ 800M+

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.