HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

M1 FIBRE BROADBAND DISCUSSION

Like Tree811Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19-07-2017, 06:53 PM   #9991
Arch-Supremacy Member

Dun know why recently during weekends... mine 1GB plan can drop to 100mbps only... after disconnect then wan cable form modem to router and connect back... get 500mbps only M! sucks to the core
Sometime some user may fact such issue but it is nothing new. ST also can be like that. Just need to restart ONT, router and computer to resolve the issue. Are u using M1 DNS? Try OpenDNS.
~Dragonite~ likes this.
Old 19-07-2017, 07:39 PM   #9992
Master Member

Sometime some user may fact such issue but it is nothing new. ST also can be like that. Just need to restart ONT, router and computer to resolve the issue. Are u using M1 DNS? Try OpenDNS.
Can u don't talk rubbish again? Dns has nothing to do with throughput speed you moron

Why are u not banned for misleading others still?
~Dragonite~ likes this.
Old 19-07-2017, 07:51 PM   #9993
Supremacy Member

Can u don't talk rubbish again? Dns has nothing to do with throughput speed you moron

I can't say the raw speed, but the ping sometimes is lower with third party DNS. However, it is not really big, like 1-2ms difference at the maximum only.

~Dragonite~ likes this.
Old 19-07-2017, 08:26 PM   #9994
Arch-Supremacy Member

take a chill pill yo...
~Dragonite~ and Chinaboy like this.
Old 19-07-2017, 09:20 PM   #9995
Master Member

take a chill pill yo...
If you've seen the number of times he's mislead unknowing users here....
Old 19-07-2017, 09:51 PM   #9996
Arch-Supremacy Member

DNS can affect your network.

Please read this: https://www.lifewire.com/double-inte...change-2377750
~Dragonite~ likes this.

Last edited by Henry Ng; 19-07-2017 at 09:55 PM..
Old 19-07-2017, 10:20 PM   #9997

DNS can affect your network.

Please read this: https://www.lifewire.com/double-inte...change-2377750
If the request is already sent to a specific host which speedtest.net does im certain there is no way DNS can affect the throughput... If the content is CDN hosted I can see how a faulty DNS server can point you to a "foreign" CDN POP and thus reducing speed.
~Dragonite~ likes this.
Old 19-07-2017, 10:29 PM   #9998
Arch-Supremacy Member

If the request is already sent to a specific host which speedtest.net does im certain there is no way DNS can affect the throughput... If the content is CDN hosted I can see how a faulty DNS server can point you to a "foreign" CDN POP and thus reducing speed.
I faced many such issue when I was with Singtel. Singtel support unable to resolve it so I jumped to M1. May be you can share what are the possible causes where the speed drop to 100+.
~Dragonite~ likes this.
Old 19-07-2017, 10:31 PM   #9999

I faced many such issue when I was with Singtel. Singtel support unable to resolve it so I jumped to M1. May be you can share what are the possible causes where the speed drop to 100+.
Client problem
Router problem
ISP problem

Must test one by one mah
~Dragonite~ likes this.
Old 19-07-2017, 10:57 PM   #10000
Supremacy Member

Just switch to StarHub la. StarHub MaxInfinity needs you, not M1 HomePac and GamePro Fibre.

There the StarHub DNS is some good testing ground for your theory.

~Dragonite~ likes this.
Old 19-07-2017, 10:57 PM   #10001
Supremacy Member

Dear members, please take note that this thread is now closed due to its huge size. A new thread has been automatically generated for your continued discussion here
~Dragonite~ likes this.
Connecting IT to You

Should you need to reach out to someone in charge, please PM the respective forum's moderator or start a discussion topic in the [url=http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/online-services-basic-membership-support-feedback-46/]Online Membership/Feedback Forum[/url].
[/SIZE]
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.